[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I need some help. My mom's phone (Samsung Galaxy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: note5.jpg (116 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
note5.jpg
116 KB, 1200x800
Hey /g/ I need some help.

My mom's phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5) had a problem where it suddenly stopped recognizing her fingerprint lock and backup code or w/e. Eventually, despite having photos and files she wanted to retrieve from the phone, she did a factory reset and now has requested my help in trying to retrieve the deleted photos.

Is there actually any way to do that at this point? I need to do this or she'll keep downloading sketchy software on my computer trying to fix it herself. Google hasn't been much help, I figured I'd get more reliable answers asking here.
>>
>>53522714
rooting the phone in the first place might offer you better solutions afterwards. i'm sure there's something to recover lost data with root access.
>>
Take it to the Samsung Store
>>
Realistically it's gone anon.
Especially with shit like photos, the trace you might possibly recover would be corrupt as fuck.
The only thing I would suggest is checking if they automatically backed up to google. Since the spy features are on by default, most people don't even know it's happening.
>>
File: groose.jpg (133 KB, 525x370) Image search: [Google]
groose.jpg
133 KB, 525x370
>>53522822

Looking into doing this now, it looks like my mom may have already attempted this herself since the OEM unlock is turned on...

>>53522848

I think she already took it in before the factory reset. Must have not been a lot of help.

>>53522857

Where would I go about checking if it's backed up to google?

Thanks for the responses everyone btw.
>>
>>53522914
Just do a search for Google photos on your computer and have her sign in. The pictures might have all automatically backed up.
>>
>suddenly stopped recognizing fingerprint
>and backup code
GIVE IT BACK JAMAL
>>
>>53523736

There's nothing there unfortunately.

>>53523779

Look it up, it seems to be an issue that happens rarely with the Note 5.
>>
>>53523779
give it back....
>>
File: 1441069258470.png (280 KB, 3388x3638) Image search: [Google]
1441069258470.png
280 KB, 3388x3638
>>53522714
>My mom's phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5) had a problem where it suddenly stopped recognizing her fingerprint lock and backup code or w/e. Eventually, despite having photos and files she wanted to retrieve from the phone, she did a factory reset and now has requested my help in trying to retrieve the deleted photos.
>Is there actually any way to do that at this point? I need to do this or she'll keep downloading sketchy software on my computer trying to fix it herself. Google hasn't been much help, I figured I'd get more reliable answers asking here.

you spelled " im a nigger who stole the phone and want to see the pics inside" wrong
>>
File: clickbait.jpg (45 KB, 494x400) Image search: [Google]
clickbait.jpg
45 KB, 494x400
I've rooted the phone but now I can't access Google Play Store which seems to be where all the apps that could potentially recover data install from. I just get an error and nothing I've googled worked.
>>
>>53522714
So people started to say their mom or dad belongings got problem in order to get help here.
Sasuga.
>>
>>53523918

Well yeah I'm saying that because it IS my mom having problems. She is absolutely mental when it comes to photos and has gone without using her phone for like a month because she wants to get them back.

I'm just in it to get her off my computer and stop her from flipping out about it all the time.
>>
File: hand-gesture-open-2399738.jpg (153 KB, 1300x1065) Image search: [Google]
hand-gesture-open-2399738.jpg
153 KB, 1300x1065
>>53522714
>>53522914
>>53523840
>>53523914
>>53523953
>>
>>53523899
underrated dubs. OP is a-lying
>>
If they did not back up to her Gmail account then they are lost. Move on.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (38 KB, 510x498) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
38 KB, 510x498
>>53524096

OK. I figured it was a lost cause from the beginning but at least I can say I tried.

She'll probably take it to some sketchy phone repair place next.

Thanks for the help those who tried, and thanks for the shitposting Jamal-posters.
>>
>>53524144
lol white people drinking water baka ;DD
>>
>touchwizz
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.