[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CPU test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
People,
If you would have to test CPUs for general integrity/OK working condition and such, what program would you use to check CPUs? Pic somewhat related.
>>
aida64?
>>
Prime 95
>>
>>53505390
This plus cpuz
>>
>>53505240
It's almost always the board. Not the proc
>>
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-benchmarks-suite

Linpack is the best. 100% on your cpu and will go until it uses all your available memory. Good enough for supercomputers, good enough for me.

Sample Intel(R) Optimized LINPACK Benchmark data file (lininput_xeon64)
Intel(R) Optimized LINPACK Benchmark data
1 # number of tests
64000 # problem sizes
64000 # leading dimensions
1 # times to run a test
1 # alignment values (in KBytes)

You can adjust the problem size here to max your ram. This maxes 32GB. I can only run this from the command line without a desktop environment.
>>
>>53505240
Contribute electricity to the Mersenne Prime Search by doing double-checking.

If you get 100% correct (assuming the LL first-time is gud) for 100 work units (that's 25 per core for quad cores), your rig is overkill stable. +90% is more reasonable.
>>
OP here, since I'm about to sell a couple of CPUs I'd like to make some screens of some test running in as proof of functionality. So prime95 and CPU-Z with date and timestamps would be a good idea? Let me hear from you.
>>
File: bitches dont know.jpg (240 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bitches dont know.jpg
240 KB, 1280x720
speaking of this, my friend and i are building a Beowulf cluster and want a CPU bound test so we can see the computing power of these machines
>pic related is me with "Labrynth"
>>
>>53507232
Send the CPUs to me and I'll test them
>>
>>53509306
dem Linus Media Orange walls
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.