[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My +2 years old laptop has never been cleaned inside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: laptop.jpg (28 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
28 KB, 500x333
Should I open it try to do it by myself? Even if I don't know anything about it's pieces?
>>
If you don't want to open it you can just get canned air and blast it inside
>>
>>53499474
compressed air in a can use that to blow away the dust just make sure its not like really high PSI

And remeber to ground your self with a anti static strap, you don't want a dead mobo.
do it on a wooden table or some thing that is not conductive
>>
>>53499474
there's nothing complicated inside for you to fuck up by just opening it
just make sure you keep track of the screws and where they go in case there's multiple sizes

and ground yourself
>>
>>53499474
>have 3 year old laptop
>heavy usage, like at least 3 hours a day at full load
>want to open it
>after 16 screws only a tiny bit of the lid gets off
>no screws in sight
>45 minutes wasted
Guess i'll know when it's time to change it when it bursts into flames
>>
>have fanless laptop
>literally no need to ever open it for cleaning
>the current year is nice
>>
File: laptop-screw-organization-9.jpg (32 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
laptop-screw-organization-9.jpg
32 KB, 900x675
>>53499789
>keep track of the screws
yup. Get some cardboard or foam or paper and draw a map to keep track
>>
>>53499589
If you turn fan manually (while pc is turned off), it should generate electric current, right? Can it damage mobo?
Never tried that - I always hold the fan with my hand while blowing. Just wondering if you have any bad expirience.
>>
>>53499474
If it's not overheating and you're not planning to replace any parts, it's not recommended to open a laptop. Like they say, don't fix it if it's not broken.
>>
Cum in it, OP.
>>
>>53500259
pretty good picture, can I save it?
>>
>>53501410
shameless bump
>>
>>53499813
there's likely a tutorial on youtube, lmao. did you at least check that?
>>
>>53501410
Yes be careful, rotating fans will generate a high enough voltage to damage your mobo.

t. I have a cluster of noctua fans on my roof to power my PC with wind
>>
>>53499828
enjoy your sub-poor performance
>>
>>53499474
>dry cotton stick
JUST FUG MY SHIT UP M8

use rubbing alcohol on the swab for fugs sake.
>in b4 stock photo general
>>
>>53503601
KEK
>>
>>53503351
I did, all i found for my model was a video with all the screws already off.
>>
>>53504117
that's unfortunate. maybe they were under some sticker, shit like that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.