[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I painted my HP Mini 311 and installed Snow Leopard. It has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160307_115419.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_115419.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
I painted my HP Mini 311 and installed Snow Leopard.

It has 3gb of ram, 2.4ghz oc'd atom, unlocked bios to allow wifi card, and nvidia ion (9400m) gpu

Thoughts? I had originally given it to my nephew but he didn't use it and lost the charger. It was pretty scratched up and full of crumbs so I thought I would breath some life into it. I used to play GTA SA:MP on it years ago.
>>
>>53490677
Why the fuck would you paint your laptop...
>>
File: 1*zvOmX5vn4ztV2DtgesplNg.jpg (181 KB, 800x1230) Image search: [Google]
1*zvOmX5vn4ztV2DtgesplNg.jpg
181 KB, 800x1230
>>53490677
Needs a Florina iPod.
>>
>>53491625
It was all scratched up!

Trackpad was acting wonky too from wear marks on it, but after a light sanding and fresh coat of paint it's back to normal
>>
File: aaaaaa.jpg (107 KB, 1575x886) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
107 KB, 1575x886
comfy cozy
>>
I like it. And snow leopard is GOAT apple os.
>>
How did you paint it? Any pics of the process? Why SL and not Lion?
>>
>>53493257

I took it apart, sanded it, and spray painted it with about 6 coats.

Lion is a 64bit os and the older atoms are 32bit
>>
comfy
>>
I love it when people repurpose older tech.
I have a couple old netbooks sitting in a basket in the living room for guests who want to check their Facebook or whatever.
>>
>>53490677
Nice! Is this 64-bit OS X?
>>
It sucks.
>>
>>53490677
Have you done that gpu hack for it?
>>
>>53493362
>for guests who want to check their Facebook or whatever
who the fucks walks into someone else house and starts asking to check up on facebook?
unless the people asking to check on facebook while visiting you are also taking it in the ass hard or buying you stuff, don't let them near you again, they suck.
>>
>>53490677
The ION actually is powerful enough for Full HD playback, thats neat
>>
>>53490677
Remember a serious bug for these, IPhelper service always uses 50% of the cpu
>>
>>53493608
not sure what youre talking about but the gpu works fine in osx
>>
>>53490677
That paintjob is kind of bummy but i like your idea.
>>
Very sad that the current atom netbooks cannot be used with Mac OS X anymore.
Any mobile computer more expensive than atoms is not really an option, because I won't jew on the 100 bucks extra for the metal case you get with a real mac.

OP, I wonder how slow your machine is, I guess it's ultra slow. I had a pentium dual core running mac os once and that thing was already a rocket compared to what you have.
>>
>>53493879
its actually pretty responsive

ive used the atom netbooks without a dgpu and on win 7 and they are pretty agonizing but this one is perfect for web browsing/2d gaming.

granted i do have a rmbp and thinkpad x220 AND a pretty beefy desktop too. but its def usable and seems more responsive than my 07 imac edu edition with a core 2 duo
>>
>>53493935
I really like your usage of paint btw. I wonder why so few people change the color of what they own. You can customize nearly everything to your liking and make it look awesome with a spraycan for just $5.
I guess the iMac edu had a slow memory bus, it's a problem Apple creates since the last 2 decades. Computing numbers is fast with theire computers, storing and moving them around not so much.
>>
>>53492073
>>53493346
thats pretty nice actually.
>>
>>53493655
Choosing Facebook was a poor choice on that guy's part. But I guess he's trying to say it's the ultimate answer to "Hey anon, can I use your computer for a minute? I want to <show you a video/show you some stupid website/some other such dumb shit they want you to see>."
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.