[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a Asus H61M-K, a i7 2600k and a hd 7970 3gb, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
I just bought a Asus H61M-K, a i7 2600k and a hd 7970 3gb, the psu is a topower 650w, the problem is: im getting weirds reboots on the pc whenever i try to play a game for more than 5 minutes, it is the psu? is the motherboard? is the 7970 (is used a fair bit) im going to attach a pic of the problem

I dont like to beg awnsers here, but i dont really know what else can i do =(
>>
>>53464380
Update Bios and possibly some of your cables are loose
>>
>>53464380
Replace the CMOS battery.
Check the PSU power connections
Turn off the stupid power surge crap and get a UPS and a decent PSU.
And for fucks sakes go read a book.
>>
>>53464408
I dont know anything about cables, my friend did all the connections, should i ask him to check them again? i have updated the bios with a pendrive, but to my friend with the same mobo takes like 4 minutes and for me it only takes a few secconds, wich cable would you say might be loose?
>>
>>53464436
Im from argentina, sorry for the broken english mate =((
The mobo is brand new
Wich connections should i check? i dont know anything about pc D:
>>
>>53464452
The ones that come from the PSU.
That giant block that usually is either sitting on the top or bottom of your tower.
You give them a slight push to see if they are all well connected.
Computers aren't fucking rocket science, theres no need to pussy foot around like a 2 year old your fucking man not a child.
There is no excuse not to learn what a computer does .
>>
>>53464519
The 24 pin one?
>>
>>53464380
It's the psu. Try getting something good like a corsair cx650 or an evga 600w
>>
>>53464441
>I dont know anything about cables
Take it to a professional or someone you trust knows what they are doing.

Do not attempt to fix this yourself using advice from /g/.
>>
>>53464534
All of them nigger.
>>
I pushed the 24 pin one a little bit and got a blue-screen
>>
Salu2
Argentina is not white
Love /int/
>>
>>53464592
Ayudame culiado
>>
>>53464584
Please tell me you are not touching and moving your cables while your PC is on.

You can't be this retarded.
>>
>>53464584
post a pic form above.

Also remeber turn always down the PC when you are working on it. If it's possible remove the cable that bring eletricity form the wall to the PSU!
>>
>>53464607
I am, sorry =((((
>>
Im trying to get a better photo
>>
>>53464607
Touching cables carefully a bit while the PC is on is a sure way to check for loose connections. Shut up.
>>
This one is the best i could take with my shitty moto g
>>
File: non k suppor.jpg (40 KB, 752x320) Image search: [Google]
non k suppor.jpg
40 KB, 752x320
>>53464655
I don't think is that but the site says that the k version of the 2600 is not supported...
>>
>>53464713
Yup, in the asus site says so, but in every other site says is supported =(

inb4 asus master race
>>
>>53464380
First of all, update the BIOS.
Then, reboot.
Then, take temperature readings and check for high temperatures.
If they're OK, proceed to benchmark the system with 3D mark or something and watch for reboots.

If reboots occur on low temperatures, try a CPU benchmark. If a CPU benchmark works, but a GPU (graphics) benchmark reboots the computer, then it's the PSU.
>>
>>53464724
the anti-surge start shuting down the PC when the PSU has trouble. How do you connect it to the elettricity and how good is your line? Like you have frequent black-out, or blinking lights or burned-out light bulb?

>>53464735
Also try doing this, too
>>
>>53464380

I wish /v/tards would stick to consoles
>>
>>53464735
The bios is updated, but like i said, for my friend took like 4 minutes and for me a few secconds, its really weird, you know any other method to update it? i have made a few reads on the temp and they are ok, im going to do what you said about benchmark, but first i would like to try to update the bios one more time with another method, i think im doing something wrong, i dump the .cap file in a empty pendrive formated as fat32, is that how is done? help
>>
>>53464760
Isn't there a BIOS update utility available to download from the Asus site? Most BIOS upgrades these days are done from Windows.
>>
>>53464747
Not really, i had a hd7850 and a fx6300 for 2 years in the same electric line a few days back without any problems, also the pc is all conected to a power stabilizator
>>
OP check if the CPU is overclocked.
>>
>>53464834
Is not, my brother gave it to me, he never oc it
>>
bumpppp
>>
>>53464984
Stupid question time!

>have you put the fan's pin correctly in their place?

>have you updeate the BIOS using this?
From the Windows® desktop, click Start > Programs > ASUS > AI Suite II > AI Suite II X.XX.XX to launch the AI Suite II utility. The AI Suite II Quick Bar appears.
Click
Update
button from the Quick Bar, and click
ASUS Update
from the popup
menu. The
ASUS Update
main screen appears. From the list, select either of the
following methods

or

Updating from a BIOS file
a.
Select
Update BIOS from file
, then click
Next
b.
Locate the BIOS file from the
Open
window, then click
Open
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the updating process.

more question later
>>
>>53465070
I only did it with the flash drive bios method, can you link me a video of another one? thanks for the reply!
>>
>>53465087
I don't have video, i'm reading the MoBo manual here
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/H61M-K/E8088-H61MK.pdf

at2-1 section
>>
>>53465102
ok im downloading asus ai suite right now
>>
>>53465138

Also i have to tell you that the ASUS anti-surge do this a lot of time if you google it you'll find that there are a lot of peorson that have your same problem. If you are sure that the PSU isn't damaged you can try turning of the ASUS anti surge, but at your own risk!
>>
File: LL.gif (94 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
LL.gif
94 KB, 500x375
>>53465153
This is where is located in the BIOS
>>
>>53465153
My friend did it and instead of restarting i got a white screen and had to turn off the pc manually D:
>>
>>53464380

Oh man, I helped a friend with this exact issue a few years ago. I forget the specifics, but it was something dumb in the BIOS instead of an actual hardware issue.
>>
>>53465296
Any hints of what could it be?
>>
Are you blind? Holy shit, it literally says your psu sucks dick and there's a chance you live in a shitty country with shitty electricity. Get an ups, if the problem still persists, get a psu from a reputable brand.
>>
>>53465440
Im gonna take it to a it tomorrow to see if is it really the psu, thanks for the friendly reply!
>>
>>53465455
No problem, retard. Next time make sure you fucking read what's on the screen ffs.
>>
File: computer says NO1.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
computer says NO1.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
So... problem solved : it can't be done !
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.