[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 downgrading dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: stone nigga.jpg (34 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
stone nigga.jpg
34 KB, 625x350
I upgraded to windows 10 shortly after launch, and though I expected botnet surveillance, I didn't expect them to fucking rape my computer with forced updates and pther bullshit. I'm thinking of downgrading. So, /g/, ups and downs of downgrading? I know directx 12 is supposed to be exclusive. Any pointers towards ways to tame windows 10 to avoid losing directx updates?
>>
>downgrade
Don't you mean you want to upgrade to a linux distro? Baka senpai!
>>
>>53450031
Upgrade to Windows 7.
>>
>>53450031
>muh dx12
Placebo shit
And windows10/store-only games sucks

Install 7 or Linux and wait for V U L K A N
>>
>>53450154
I'd love to, but it's gonna be a while until llinux is compatible with a lot of the vidya I enjoy
>>
>>53450182
so dx12 isn't important, then?
>>
>>53450185
Dual boot then
>>
>>53450229
yeah, maybe. is mint any good?
>>
>>53450208
It will take a while before it goes mainstream.
>>
>>53450266
Mint has some outdated packages and it's the to go option for older hardware, in your case go with either fedora, debian, arch visit /g/ wiki for recommended software - pick w/e pleases you. Just go with low resources using ones - unless you are working with the functions they offer.

Avoid Ubuntu - it's botnet.
>>
>>53451799
>ubuntu botnet
ebic menes :DDD
>>
>>53451830
I don't find your reply funny, why lie when that's the reality.
>>
>>53450266
Linux Mint should be a good place to start for people coming from Windows environment.
>>
>>53451972
if you're going to use Linux for everything start with ARCH it's very good distribution and you have to manually install and configure everything - this way you'll learn all the shit - do this because as you said you want to switch to linux for everything else.

If you want to take it slooow go with MINT Cinnamon, if you're 100% faggot and want to wank and do literally nothing and care about aesthetics go with elementary OS
>>
File: 1442353839157.jpg (89 KB, 566x393) Image search: [Google]
1442353839157.jpg
89 KB, 566x393
>>53450031
you downgraded from everything when you installed windows 10.
even pic related isn't as bad.
>>
>>53452119
appreciate the advice, dude. Heard arch was intense, but ig the only way forward is to deal with intense things so maybe that's the best option. I do love my videogames, at least some of them, but desu I should probably play less anyway, so maybe I could try and just run a separate partition for win7 and try and keep it light. Storage space is hardly an issue
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.