[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ use for video editing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
What does /g/ use for video editing?
>>
>>53443652
A computer
>>
Sony Vegas because it just werks
>>
>>53443652
Windows movie maker
>>
>>53443652
Blender
>>
AviSynth
>>
gentoo
>>
File: 1000px-The_GIMP_icon_-_gnome.svg.png (143 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1000px-The_GIMP_icon_-_gnome.svg.png
143 KB, 1000x1000
>>53443652
>>
>>53443652
very new to editing, but lightworks
>>
>>53443652
my asian waifu
>>
Why no serious anwsers? Not OP but would also like to know. Started using vegas pro but it feels a little 'off'.
>>
i do not edit videos
>>
Used to use Vegas for the longest time but got so sick of it crashing on me that I had to switch to Adobe Premier. Its more complicated but haven't had an issue since.
>>
Vegas most of the time. It's just easy and werks.

Tried OpenShot and KDEnlive on Linux since I heard good things about them but they were pretty trash.

I should give Lightworks or Blender a try some day.
>>
>>53444773
see >>53443930
It was serious.
>>
>>53443652
All these plebs, not using Avid...
>>
>>53444868
I'll check it out when I get home
>>
Premiere for editing, After effects for composition and more complicated editing, Photoshop & illustrator for single frames and cleaning.

Vegas is good to, but I never got into it and have no reason to do so.
>>
>>53444944
Natron>AE
>>
>>53444968
looks interesting. I'm not that interested in learning new things, but i'll give it a try.
>>
Openshot, though I need to dump that shit. It has some really annoying bugs and not all too precise to work with. Which sucks because it would otherwise be a great beginner multi track NLE.
>>
>>53444968
Interesting, this thing new? Never heard of it before, and it seemed universally agreed there's no freetard AE alternative.
>>
>>53445179
The developers of it will get irresistible job offers from the big businesses and quietly abandon it. Just you wait.
>>
>>53443652
I do not edit videos. I'm a programmer.
>>
>>53445247
The worst job in the world...
>>
>>53443652
Depends what I'm doing. If I'm literally just editing, as in arranging clips and clipping footage and things like that, Sony Vegas. It's super lightweight and doesn't bog down my piece of shit computer.

If I need to do something more intense or any kind of post-processing or complex effects, I use After Effects. You can do just about anything you can do in AE in Vegas but AE just makes it easier and more fluid.

I try to do whatever I can in Vegas though because I'm way more comfortable in it. It's just so damn snappy and it has a load of features if you start exploring.
>>
Tri-wing or bust. I challenge you to fuck this screw up without being a full-on sperglord.

Posi-drive and supadrive are also god-tier.
>>
>>53445354
>Posi-drive and supadrive are also god-tier.
Not so, because they are not genderless.
>>
>>53445404
Neither is tri-wing.

I just felt this post was necessary.
>>
>>53445354
Wrong thread m8
>>
>>53445423
Wow not that guy but I had >>53444202 in the tab right next to this one and got confused as well. Weird.
>>
>>53444868
>>53444934
Blender is more of a temporary solution when you can't get ahold of a "real" video editor, its video editing functionaility is rather limited and it's weird to use (compared to other editors). It works fine if you need only basic stuff
>>
>>53443652
avisynth + virtualdub.
>>
>>53445472
>rather limited
explain, its motion tracking for example is GOAT
>>
>>53445506
It's been a while, but what I remember is that there are not a lot of effects for blending one clip into another, and adding text to video is also fairly limited in appearance, size, and stuff you can do (no text outlines), or scrolling text. It was mostly small things that were standard in Sony Vegas, but for Blender either not possible or had to be scripted in some way
>>
>>53443713
this
>>
Sony Vegas
>>
>>53443713
Tried it once back on Vista. Honestly pretty competent for a free application. If anything, the quality of the transitions didn't seem quite as nice as iMovie's, and EVERYONE KEEPS USING THE FLOATING-TEXT TITLE GRAPHIC.
AND WITH THE DEFAULT BLUE COLORS.
>>
>>53445528
you should try it again before saying it's not a real editor then, your knowledge seems to be at least 3 years old.
here's a decent beginner tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y822XWgQIn4
>>
>>53445642
thanks I will take a look
>>
>>53443652
Openshot, but I'm not not very serious about it.
>>
I saw berry use adobe premere on gamegrumps and it looks fucking easy as fuck.
>>
ITT: what do you pirate to edit your shit videos?
>>
>>53443989
this
>>
Sony Vegas 12
>>
>>53443652
kdenlive
>>
Final cut on a hackintosh
>>
>>53443652
vegas, it just werks.
>>
Andriod media player in edit mode. It's rendering speeds are off the charts as long as you have a decent Internet connection.
>>
>>53447791
Who the fuck would spend $200+ on software if you're not doing it for work.
And even then, chances are your employer has a licence for you.
>>
>>53444843
What were your problems with kdenlive? I just recently started using it and my main problem was actually the lack of real transparency (although that goes to the underlying MLT framework)
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.