[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your areas of interest? Tell me about some specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: job-interview.jpg (20 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
job-interview.jpg
20 KB, 292x219
What are your areas of interest? Tell me about some specific programming skills you have.
>>
>>53235109
I programmed a model set of traffic lights at an intersection using Matlab once.

And I can do some regressions and stuff in R

Also know HTML

Am I hired?
>>
File: binman.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
binman.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>53235157
>>
>>53235109
I learned Java at uni

I learned JavaScript on my own but im bad at it

I know some C#

plz hire me
>>
>>53235109
Did you even look at my resume? Is this a serious question?
>>
>>53235109
I've been spending almost all of my free time throughout the past 10 years programming a mixture of mostly Haskell, C and some C#.

My areas of interest include PL dev and compiler design, graphics and GPGPU programming, video/image processing and cryptography.

I also enjoy abstract mathematics and their application to higher-order functional programming, including category theory, dependent typing, lenses, and lambda calculus.
>>
File: AtticusFunch.jpg (42 KB, 467x425) Image search: [Google]
AtticusFunch.jpg
42 KB, 467x425
>>53235878

check out this wiz kid
>>
I watch anime and play cardstone
>>
>>53235109
I can fizzbuzz
>>
>>53235109
My area of interest is technology and especially the low level implementation of software.

My thesis was about Battery Management Systems. In a team of two people, we had to programm a microcontroller and a pc with matlab. the microcontrollerboard was connected via USB to the computer, so we could read, process and visualize the data of the batteries. With the OOP capabilities of matlab and the microcontrollerboard, we managed to build a well structured functioning system.

An other source of expierence for my programming skills are the apps that i programm in my free time. Those are written in Java or C#.
>>
>>53235878
i like to code mobile video games (-:
>>
>>53236086
Thank you for your application, however we are looking for people with experience in the industry.
>>
>>53236279
I hope i won't hear this to often during real interviews
>>
>>53235109
i browse /g/.

nuff said.
>>
I'm a script kiddie (ruby, bash, python) who enjoys making efficient infrastructure. Our delivery model can go from dev commits to builds to deploys to QA testing and environment promotion with little-to-no human interaction. We also have been working with Chef/Puppet/Docker/ELK stack/etc for rapidly producing infrastructure as needed.

Err, I mean, INSTALL GENTOO, R-RIGHT GUYS?
>>
I sent my college transcript since it was a required document for this position. If you can't even take interviewing seriously by actually reading my coursework and resume beforehand, then I can't imagine how bad you treat your actual employees.
>>
System programming, linear algebra algorithms and theorem provers.
>>
>>53237706
>"...We'll be in touch."
>>
>>53237650
>efficient infrastructure
>efficient
>ruby, bash, python
>chef/puppet/docket/ELK stack
what am I reading.jpg
>>
>>53237766
No thanks. Please do not spam my emails any more.
>>
>>53237780
We don't know what aspect must be efficient. There should be something his memestack is good at.
>>
>>53237852
efficient at sucking up to middle management on how hip and agile your full stack solution is
>>
>>53237780
jeez then what is an efficient structure for you?
>>
>>53237933
Good old ssh and bare metal + efficient and reliable software like nginx

We use ansible and MAAS at work
>>
>>53235109
I can reverse a binary tree
>>
>>53235109
I once fucked a dog in the ass
>>
File: 1444200735246.gif (259 KB, 104x152) Image search: [Google]
1444200735246.gif
259 KB, 104x152
I began playing video games at an early age when gaming was still in its infancy. One of my earliest memories was standing in front of the TV playing The Legend of Zelda. Thinking back, I have no idea what was happening on screen, but I definitely enamored. Peculiarly, another of my earliest memories was beating the seventh dungeon in The Legend of Zelda and all my brothers and sisters watched, completely baffled that I had managed to surpass them in the game since they were only able to get to the fifth, or maybe sixth, dungeon. Throughout the years after that I had effectively become an expert in the gaming pantheon; I mastered every Mario game at the time, beat The Legend of Zelda, I was able to play through Contra without using the Konami code (a fact which most of my friends refuse to believe), and I was able to play through most of Battletoads without using warps (but I never beat that game. I thoroughly believe that game is impossible to beat). I read video games like a good work of literature – I discussed them, deconstructed them, and found similarities between various games. I wasn’t even a teenager when I declared that I wanted to get involved with creating video games, even if it did take almost twenty years for me to realize that goal.
>>
i can program some excellent powerpoint slides, sir
>>
None but I'm a quarter American Indian while not looking it so you can meet your minority quota without browning up the office.
>>
>>53238519
Got a chuckle out of me
>>
One time me and my bro were real drunk and high and tried to catch an opossum with a fishing net. We ended up both getting bit and scratched up real bad and had to go to the emergency room and get rabies shots.
>>
php linux, java, a bit of js.
yet no job
>>
>>53235712
Isn't "some C#" just basically knowing Java?
>>
>>53238498
>program
>>
I mainly know Java but I also dabbled in C, C# and python.
I know HTML, Java script, php and I have did a little bit with databases.
I have also designed a few apps and my college project was interesting enough.
>>
"Sir, I'm applying for a position as a janitor. I don't see why you'd assume I program."
>>
I know C++ and Lua
Some JS
HTML and CSS if you count those
Batch (dont judge)
>>
>>53238498
>>53238937
You can automate some stuff in powerpoint using visual basic and I think C#.

I once made a Jeopardy game in powerpoint.
>>
i have written code for hobbyist tier microcontrollers and actuators. i know some basic ee. can i help you build robots?
>>
I can use awk a little bit, and I watch a LOT of anime. Do you like anime?
>>
>>53235109
I have sympathy for the FOSS/FSF movement. I prefer to do low level work with hardware such as firmware, drivers, memory management and data management but I have experience in a wide range of products from firmware to front end web development, though honestly it's my weakest area. I've contributed to a number of community projects on github and have a few home brew projects of my own, including a custom packages distribution based on arch Linux targeted at young developers looking to leave their mark.

I'm interested in what kind of infrastructure you guys have on your development teams. Would you be willing to share with me how you secure your data? How data is distributed among team members and they cooperate with one another to get a complex job done? Would you at all be open to the idea of switching to a revolutionary platform that I believe would not only bring power to your developers but also give you the freedom that all users should have innately by installing gentoo?
>>
I'm kind of shit at programming, but I can poo in the loo.

Pls hire.
>>
>>53235109
I flame people on IRC when they don't use the syntactic convention I like.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.