[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 upgrade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 18
File: uh, no.jpg (15 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
uh, no.jpg
15 KB, 447x444
Story time.

>be me, IT technician at front desk
>beige car with blacked out tinted windows pulls up in front of store
>car sits there for 15 minutes
>tall blonde with nose ring and druggie look gets out and brings her laptop in
>comes in smelling like smoke, stinks half of the store up
>she did the windows 10 upgrade and laptop is thoroughly fucked
>explain to her our rates
>"anon, since the windows 10 upgrade was free, shouldn't the service to fix it be free as well?"
>mfw

Moral of the story: Meth is bad.
>>
Le good meme, friendo.

You should have fucked her though.
>>
>>53065884
She was pretty disgusting desu senpai
>>
>>53065914
Use a garbage bag for the willie, and a brown paper bag for the face.

Simple!
>>
>>53065954
How disconnected from reality can you be to think that computer shops are going to fix a Microsoft fuck up for free?

I mean, I've been a tech a long time and heard a lot of dumb shit over the years but this one takes the cake.
>>
>>53066031
What are you talking about buddy? I never said anything at all about any type of technology or computer or repair job. I was advising OP on how to fuck a meth head safely
>>
>>53066079
Sorry wrong reply.
>>
be front desk technician at a retail

err day
>customer comes around
>interupts me from doing work on 20+ computers I'm surounded with
>Smiles and says: "Woah! No line! I'm so lucky"
>I have just a small question
>I just need to have this small thing fixed
>I for got my email/Icloud password, I'm sure you can fix it for me real quick
>explain that we charge for IT help, give them our 15 min rates
>BUT THERE'S NO LINE YOU ASSHOLE
>WHY DON'T YOU SHOW SOME DAMN CUSTOMER SUPPORT
>I'm a great customer here! (they all say they are, and I can search up their names and see their purchasing history. Some haven't spent money here in 2 years and are still "great customers" that we'd regret missing)
>Explain to them that I can't help them and do work on computers people have payed for, point on all the computers around me.
>That I didn't decide the rates
>That it's common to pay for a service
>They ignore the subject of payment
>I help them out
>they try to weasel out even after I've told them and they noded in agreement
>but it was so fast, you don't need to take payment for this
>some agree but don't pay anyway, just walk out of store
>some pay and get angry and say it wasn't what they wanted (to pay)
>some start throwing tantrums about being great customers again and don't want to pay

Ofcourse the majority are decent people, but even if 1 out of 20 are asses, you'll get a few each day

I swear to god, If I see any of these assholes in their proffesion, be it barberer, cashier, taxi driver, lawyer or doctor, I'll tell them to give me free shit too and throw a tantrum as I get regularly.
>>
File: rage.png (22 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
rage.png
22 KB, 291x300
>>53066121
> I'm sure you can fix it for me real quick
>>
>>53066121
oh and I almost forgot

>I bought this product here, therefor I'm entiteled for free IT support and a fucking seminar on how to use it.'
>Why do you sell stuff that doesn't work?! (user errors, like viruses)

People who can't even open a file browser. Think that internet bank services are on their computers and think their money have disapeared, people who want new computers because they temselves without knowing turned off wifi or touchpad or sound by pressing on they keyboard shortcut. etc etc etc.
>>
>>53066240
The worst is when they come in:

>I think it's a hardware issue

I feel like saying: "Yeah like you're a fucking tech, right? Then you fix it."

Happened the other day when the guy's wireless wasn't working. Fn+F2 and it was back on.
>>
>>53066345
or if they study something at the university. Or have a relative that works with webdesign or whatever.
suddenly all they say is the god damn truth.
>>
>>53066403
>My son is a computer engineer for Boeing, therefore he knows why Internet Explorer isn't working.
>>
>>53065866
This is a thread full of whiners.

>waaaaaaa my first world problems
>>
Customer comes in
>throws tantrums about not paying for reinstallment of windows
>Tell her it's possible to do it at home
>she says no way, but her daughter is the manager for IT at the hospital, with responsibilities of keeping over 1000's computers up and running.
>tell her kindly that it still doesn't change store policy
>after 30 min of arguing she calls her daughter and hand forces me to speak to her daughter
>daughter tells me to do it for free, starts belittling and tells me how to do my job
>ask daughter if she's able to change hospital policy
>she says it's not relevant
>tell her that I understand that the price might seem high (polite insult)
>she says: "NOT AT ALL!, but it's not necessary!"
>she tells me about the 1000's of computers she has to keep working and that she can't fix it because she doen't have a clean image to her mothers computer
>Tell her, but that's not a problem at all. See a consumer product already have a partition with an image, it's called recovery partition and that she can access it with the press of one button
>She's intimidated and tells her mom to pay up
bitch didn't even feel comfortable starting up recovery via a hotkey
"keeping 1000's of computers up and running my ass"
>>
>>53066562
what are you, from india or something?
>>
>>53066591
DESIGNATED
>>
>>53066591
No, I just understand that if you chose to work in a field that requires interaction with retards then you shouldn't bitch when they act retarded.

It's a first world problem because you're bitching about the fucking job you picked.
>>
>>53066650
They aren't bitching about their job you fuckwit, they are complaining about assholes who can't into common sense let alone logical thinking which looks like a pretty legitimate thing to complain about.
Quit spouting reddit-acknowledged memes you fagtron.
>>
>>53066650
But I like my job. I'm sure you'd be amazed if people refused to pay you for food if you had a restaurant because you made it so fast. Or not pay you for a haircut because there were no line.
>>
File: 1394267207137.jpg (8 KB, 175x250) Image search: [Google]
1394267207137.jpg
8 KB, 175x250
>>53066688

>>waah waah
>>I need to deal with actual people in real life sutations
>>waah waah

>>They aren't bitching about their job

Ok lol.
>>
>>53066688
But anon it's their goddamn job to do exactly that. What the fuck do you think customer service is? To service the customer.
>>
>>53066732
Thanks for proving my point, scumbag.
>>
>>53066711
Sure, but I wouldn't post greentext stories on /g/ to make myself feel better and superior.

I wasn't defending a customer's dumbshit free IT ideology, I was just saying you guys are a bunch of whiners.
>>
>>53066780
we have a /g/ proffesion

Go whine about whining on other thread's instead of bumping this thread you don't like
>>
>>53066732
>people pick a job and whine about annoying aspects of it
>people visit tumblr and whine about SJWs
>people read news and whine they're about events they don't like
>visiting a whine thread and whine about the whining
>herp derp it's there just accept it
>>
File: rattled.jpg (50 KB, 800x813) Image search: [Google]
rattled.jpg
50 KB, 800x813
>>53066565
>she says no way, but her daughter is the manager for IT at the hospital, with responsibilities of keeping over 1000's computers up and running.

mfw 2 techs. LT says "Currently monitoring 642 computers at 41 locations for 30 clients.

Some days we can barely keep up.
>>
File: 1448059609256.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448059609256.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>53066780
>I wouldn't post greentext stories on /g/ to make myself feel better and superior
>>
OP here. I wasn't even whining or making a greentext story to feel better or superior. I just thought I'd share this epic logic failure for some laughs.

You people whining about whiners are probably the dumbasses that we have to deal with in our field and your anuses are now prolapsed after seeing what really think of your bullshit and logic failures.
>>
>>53066815
Her daughter didn't do any of the job. She just someone who manages the technicians.
In fact she said: "I'd do it but I don't have a clean image for my mothers computer" We only got for hospital pcs
She didn't even what a partition was
>>
>>53066843
Yes, that is what I said.
>>
File: 1447652370636.jpg (101 KB, 410x973) Image search: [Google]
1447652370636.jpg
101 KB, 410x973
>>53066882
>he doesn't even know how to quote other posts
>>
>>53066345
Wait what's wrong with some guy handing you his broken computer and then saying "well...I think it's a hardware issue. Thank you very much."

He was just making a suggestion as small-talk because he doesn't know. That's why he brought it to you.
Does that really irritate you?
>>
>>53066345
...that is technically a hardware issue
to him, it wasn't working as intended, thus an issue.
It was due to the hardware being switched off.

See, there's a difference between being a shitty customer and a shitty, narcissistic holier-than-thou tech.
>>
>>53067051
>"well...I think it's a hardware issue. Thank you very much."

Said no customer ever. It's more of a presumptuous:

>I know what the problem is, so fix it.

They don't understand there's a certain procedure to get from point A to point B and are mad because it takes longer than expected.

All they need to do is tell me what's wrong with the thing, and not waste my time by giving me this long story about how they figured out what the problem is when they're not even qualified.
>>
File: 1431158408427.png (73 KB, 201x226) Image search: [Google]
1431158408427.png
73 KB, 201x226
>>53067246

>>qualified

You do realize that ,realistically, no formal education should be required to do menial tasks such as yours?
>>
>>53066940
>Yes, that is what I said.
>>
>>53067246
>geek squad
>qualified
top kek
>>
>>53067282
Menial tasks that people like you can't even do.

Most of the knowledge and qualification comes from day to day experience and being in-the-know. I barely used anything I learned in college.
>>
>>53067358
We are a managed service provider that does some in-shop work on the side. Kill yourself.
>>
You sound like an ass bro, get of your high horse.
>>
File: 1444050759451.gif (906 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1444050759451.gif
906 KB, 500x349
>>53067364

You mean common sense, which is the only requirement to complete a menial task?
>>
>>53067391
Why would I kill myself? I'm a cloud solutions architect and you work for an MSP and do desktop shit.
>>
File: D6OLc39.gif (2 MB, 330x204) Image search: [Google]
D6OLc39.gif
2 MB, 330x204
>>53067502
>i'm a cloud solutions architech
>>
>>53067558
Why so mad? I'm grossly overpaid for the work I do and never have to deal with retards with laptop problems.

You should apply yourself and get out of your shitty role. You could be putting together my data centers instead of desktops.

pic related, typical lazy Friday for me
>>
>>53067707
That's not my only role in the company though. It's just one of the things we do for advertising/good public relations more than anything.

You get pretty jaded dealing with that side of things over the years. Feels pretty good to rant about it on occasion.
>>
>Tfw write software for a living
>Tfw people who know how to do basic computer matienence calling themselves "techs"
>making 10 dollars an hour fixing computers for angry grandmas and dingbat
>>
>>53065866
>write software for a living
>Tfw betas dealing with grandmas who run Microsoft XP for slightly above minimum wage call themselves "techs"
>>
>>53067921
>t. Pajeet Echwanbi Pooinloo
>>
File: pajeet.png (546 KB, 629x454) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.png
546 KB, 629x454
>>53067921
>>
>>53066940
>Yes, that is what I said.
>>
File: help.jpg (24 KB, 464x353) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
24 KB, 464x353
>family owns a pc repair shop, I help out some days
>fat man walks in, obese and heavy breathing.
>he came to pick up his sons laptop(high school kid)
>laptop had physical damage and was burnt out from overheating and constant use
I had called the guy up before the repair giving him 2 options.
1: try to fix as is with no new parts for $150
2: order in a new motherboard and do a complete fix for $350 (I had no idea how expensive the m/b for this laptop would have cost).
>fat fuck goes for the cheaper option
>i fix it but there's some permanent damage, when you turn it on (not standby) the screen takes roughly 3 minutes to come on but everything else works fine.
>guy comes in to pick it up, I open the laptop and turn it on to show him
>constantly bitching "if it takes so long to turn on what am I paying you so much for"
>laptop turns on after a couple of minutes and show him it's working fine
>give him the laptop and he starts bitching about how it's broken and it was new when he brought it in (corners chipped and broken off, scratches, etc)
>tell him it's his sons fucking fault for damaging the laptop and I've done nothing to damage it
>he gets mad, says if he finds out I damaged anything he'll be back with his friends
>pays up while bitching "what am I paying you for if it's not working)
>he goes round back to his car, gets in.
>his son was waiting in the car, I could hear them talking in the back because they're so loud.
>dad is having a go at the kid for giving him the broken laptop after kid fesses up it was like that and making dad look bad.
>mfw this entire ordeal

I swear the fat fuck was breathing so heavily he'd sometimes wheaze.
I got my money and he never came back though.
>>
>>53065866
Meth heads smell like cat piss not smoke you fucking moron
>>
File: mona lisa.jpg (29 KB, 308x393) Image search: [Google]
mona lisa.jpg
29 KB, 308x393
>>53066882
There are probably just one or two muppets whining about your post. Don't take it to heart, this is 4chan. It's their preparation for hanging themselves later tonight. Keep an eye on news stories about frogs who hanged themselves.
>The neighbors reported hearing a strange high-pitch sound late at night.
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" is how one neighbor described it, "it just went on for a moment, and then all went silent."
>"He didn't have a girlfriend", an old lady sitting on a bench by the entrance said, "it was quite sad to see him alone all the time. But he wasn't a bad person, it just isn't a world for his like."
>"He was very interested in computers and stuff" commented DeShawn Deedos Jr., a part-time postal worker living two floors above the deceased frog.
>"He once talked to me about something called Arsh Linnicks when he saw me with a laptop. I could tell he knew about it a lot. I think he a smart guy, nahmeen. He had a lot to offer, but he just had this way about him. People ain't understand frogs like him, nahmeen. It's tough to be a frog like that. It just hurt my soul to see how it all ended. Rest in peace, that's what I'm saying, he a good dude in heaven now, a frog angel, nahmeen."
>>
File: 1314539218247.jpg (14 KB, 280x215) Image search: [Google]
1314539218247.jpg
14 KB, 280x215
>>53066562
>>53066650
>>53066732

This must be the same type of military-grade retard that OP is opining about. He/she/it is probably just back from Geek Sqaud after having to suffer the indignity of having someone charge them for changing he/she/it's hard-drive fluid.
>>
>repairing broken computers when this middle aged woman walks in
>asks for "more ram harddrives"
>show her some cheap ram
>she wants me to install it
>whatever, easy money
>open up her dusty tower
>there's like 5 pill bugs dead inside the case and the sheet of dust is so thick that the mobo looks mumified
>"will the ram storage make the internet explorer faster or just office?"
>>
File: bladerunner pepe.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
bladerunner pepe.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>working for aol that was transitioning into broadband
>nice old lady calls up, saying that her internet is still as slow as before; thought it would be faster with broadband
>ask her to check which lights are on her broadband modem
>explains she cannot see any lights or anything called a modem for that matter
>explain to her that the modem is the black
box with some lights on the front
>'oh! you mean that thing that is still in the packaging?' she replies
>okay.bin

She was a lovely old dear. Fondly remembered.
>>
>>53067707
God those dells are cheap pieces of shit, but your using cisco UCS which are also cheap pieces of shit, so I guess it all matches.

Also if you arent using those 5ks for the unified ports, thats a bad decision.
>>
>Boss gets scammed by Indian "Microsoft" support guys
>He tells me
>gives me their info
>Run a quick whois on their website
>Call up a bunch of shady businesses in their area and start fights with people on the phone while declaring that they can come meet me at the scammer's address to settle it.
>Give anonymous tips about bomb threats with the scammer's address as the alleged base of operations.

I had fun today.
>>
Helldesk is living up to it's nickname as always, but even when you're off helldesk doing development retarded people can ruin your day:
>Job has offices organized in cubicles where everyone walking past can see into your working space
>Company has a policy that we can listen to music while we work, meaning that a lot of us brink in our own headphones
>People never steal stuff from desks or even borrow stuff from desks without asking so personal stuff like headphones are safe and people just leave them at their desks
>Company ends up hiring a landwhale niggeress trough some kind of company affirmative action thing as some sort of secretary
>Take time off to attend my grandfather's funeral in a different state
>Come back to find my headphones are missing
>Ask the guy in the cubicle next to mine if he's seen someone take them as they were an almost brand new set of Sennehiser 280 Pro's
>Tells me the niggeress came and took them the first day I was away despite him trying to tell her that it's my private property and you're now allowed to borrow other employees' personal items without their permission (was actually made company policy when we got to listen to music)

Cont.
>>
>>53071774
Contd.
>Walk over to see her working with my headphones on
>Tap her on the shoulder and when she turns around politely tell her that she's using my headphones and that I'd like them back
>"Well they're mine now! You'll get them back at the end of the day"
>Tell her that I want them now and that they're my property, not company property so she wasn't allowed to take them without my permission in the first place like my co-worker told her
>Gets all hissy and starts moaning about white people (you can probably guess where this is going)
>Tell her that I still want MY headphones back
>Goes "Well you little cracka", takes the headphones off, pulls a pair of scissors out of a drawer, cuts the cord and tires to hand me the headphones
>Don't take them, just stand there stunned over what she did before I tell her that she just broke a $100 pair of headphones
>Tries to tell me that it was my fault that she broke my headphones
>Do a 180 degree turn, walk out of there and head straight for the HR person on the floor
>Explain to her what just happened and she tells me that she'll take care of it
>Head to my cubicle and get started on working
>>
>>53071794[spoiler][/spoiler]
>Interrupted about an hour later by the HR person coming over and telling me that the niggeress had told her that I gave her permission to borrow the headphones in the first place and yelled at her
>Tell HR rep that she was the only one who raised her voice and that she took the headphones when I was out of state attending my grandfather's funeral so I couldn't have given her permission
>Co-worker who saw her take the headphones and tried to stop her confirms this
>Also show the same headphones for $100 on newegg
>Get back to work
>About half an hour later the niggeress shows up and starts screaming at me about how she's going to "whop my cracka ass" if the HR person goes trough and deducts my wage
>HR person contacts me via email the next day to ask what model it was again and promises to reimburse me for buying another set
>As promised, they reimburse me for a new set of the same headphones
A few weeks later the niggeress was also fired. Turns out someone who's actively hostile towards every single white person isn't a good fit in an 80% white company.
>>
>>53071815
>>53071794
>>53071774
Sounds like a really nice workplace, but seriously, why was she even hired, how was she hired, and what was her job?
>>
>>53071965
Not 100% sure about what she actually did, but apparently it was some form of secretary work and she was hired trough one of those "Whites and Asians need not apply" job adverts put up by the HR department on company management's request.

Wouldn't call it a completely fantastic place to work, some of the management really hates the fact that we're so white as a company and us developers draw special ire despite we're more diverse than most of the company.
>>
>>53072002
Consider yourself lucky to work in a place where HR actually does shit, and is fair about it. A lot of them would defend the black girl because muh diversity
>>
>>53066562
Actually I really have to agree with this anon. You wanted to work in IT and ended up with the geek squad. If you're unhappy with your station in life, which by the way, if you're working in retail it is your fucking job to eat shit shoveled at you, then fucking change your situation. Your certificate from the local tech school not doing anything for you? Then fucking reach down, find your balls, and get a fucking degree and a real job.
>>
>>53072054
quit tripfagging you dick
>>
File: Go_Away.jpg (11 KB, 226x225) Image search: [Google]
Go_Away.jpg
11 KB, 226x225
>>53066562
>>53072074
>Being this new
>>
File: 1412648389283-4.png (722 KB, 998x534) Image search: [Google]
1412648389283-4.png
722 KB, 998x534
>>53071774
>>53071794
>>53071815

In a just world, with a majority of reasonable people, these stupid bastards should be sent to a city run by their own kind so they don't have to mingle with their evil white oppressor. Also, fuck the stupid company for worrying that they ain't diverse enough. This is what happens when you kowtow to the boot of social justice and ignoring meritocracy.
>>
File: 594116701.jpg (14 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
594116701.jpg
14 KB, 200x196
>>53072090
Why?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.