[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Did I fuck up? >4Ah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: xiaomi-redmi-note-3-2.jpg (32 KB, 395x600) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi-redmi-note-3-2.jpg
32 KB, 395x600
I just bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.

Did I fuck up?
>4Ah battery
>2GB ram
>fingerprint reader
>aluminium
>160€
Can't really find a better phone for that price
>>
u did good fami
also where to cop for this price?
>>
Where did you buy it from?
>>
I've been considering that exact phone for a while, it looks bretty gud on paper and it's got glowing reviews

Hell, it's $100 cheaper than the Mi Note, looks better, and has a larger battery. 2GB RAM is enough these days, right?
>>
>>52632709
Not at all, you did well
Specs are great for the price
>>
>>52632709
>guys guys, I just bought this
>guys?
>did I do got?
>am I a good goy?

also
>fingerprint meme
>aluminium meme
>>
>>52632793
>fingerprint meme
It's great to just have to touch the back of your phone to turn on the screen instead of pressing a button and dragging your password.

>aluminium meme
Metal > plastic
>>
>>52632793
>implying fingerprint security is an issue when Jamal steals your phone
>>
>>52632729
>>52632765
oppomart
>>
Where did you find it that cheap?
>>
i've been looking at the Redmi Note 3, but how the fuck does the network banding work? I don't have a clue about this shit

I live in the UK, how do I find out if the phone will even be compatible here?
>>
>>52633974
Check on the sellers spec sheet, two European 4g bands are missing
>>
File: asdasda.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
asdasda.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
Where do I buy those from in Europe?
All I find is scammy online stores in obscure locations.
Why can't Xaomi keep up with the demand of those devices?

also how is the bloatware on MUIU 6?
>>
>>52633974
>>52634234
wait I also want one and I am in the UK. What do I need to check to make sure it works?
>two European 4g bands are missing
what does this mean?
>>
>>52634769
First guy here, I looked some stuff up and apparently the Redmi N3 covers UK LTE bands 3 and 7.
O2/giffgaff use band 20 exclusively, so 4G isn't compatible with O2's network, but EE, Three, Vodafone should all work

http://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/
800MHz is band 20, 1.8GHz is 3 and 2.6GHz is 7
>>
>>52634825
I am looking into Redmi 2 Pro.
That is helpful. So it works but not with all carriers.

So I should check the phone if it has the frequencies that are shown on the link and then check with the carrier too?
>>
>>52634743
In Poland there aren't any problems on the Polish e-bay equivalent. Most sellers are reliable and sell from locations within borders of the country. Hell, I've bought Redmi 2 yesterday.
>>
>>52634911
Yeah check the specific frequencies on the phone's spec sheet (under FDD LTE I guess?) and then check the carrier frequencies with that link I posted

I'd look up some UK centred reviews as well, they often indicate compatibility with UK networks
>>
>>52634743
>Why can't Xaomi keep up with the demand of those devices?
No idea, I think the Redmi seriers are the first ones who Europeans are actually buying. The company isn't many years old so maybe they haven't had time to launch in Europe yet.
>>
>>52634825
>>52634911
actually I found the info from the seller I am looking at.

>This phone will only work with
>2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
>3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz TD-SCDMA 1900/2100MHz
>4G:FDD-LTE(B3/B7) TDD-LTE(B38/B39/B40/B41: 2555-2655MHz)

...a little help please? I am moving to Edinburgh, not sure it this makes any difference.
>>
>>52634955
Do you even use 4g?
>>
>>52634934
Redmi 2 Pro guy here. How is the OS and the bloat?
>>
>>52634743
>>52634978
Just check youtube. Fucking bloat criers. MIUI is superior to stock android
>>
>>52634948
They won't officially release their phones and tablets in Europe because Apple would tear them a new one in the courts. East Asia doesn't really respect patents and copyright.

Really it's /g/'s paradise.
>>
>>52634955
some more info.
>The SIM slots does not distinguish between main SIM card and vice SIM card, any SIM card slot can choose 4G, another SIM card support 2G, does not support CDMA network.

>>52634969
No. I don't even care. My android says H, H+ or 3G. Not sure if H+ is 4G but it is more than enough to find my way on google maps, send emails and browse 4chan.
>>
>>52634955
What network are you on? Because that will support EE, Vodaphone and Three.
>>
>>52632709
Dunno, I got the redmi note 2 and I don't regret not waiting for the 3.
>>
>>52635030
H+ is basically 3G on steroids, it's still 3G but faster

Honestly if you don't crave or have a use for 4G I wouldn't worry about it, and it means you can use any network on the redmi 2 pro
>>
>>52635033
Don't have yet. Moving to Scotland next month from Netherlands.
>>
>>52635093
thanx famo.
>>
I read that it doesn't support the UK on the first time setup process or something and you have to input another country. Does that causes any problems with language inputs, english fonts on menus/icons etc?
>>
>>52632768
2 GB ram is fine
>>
>>52635143
No, stop worrying. The only thing that's not working 100% are some 4g connections
>>
>>52632828
Polycarbonate has higher tensile strength flexibility and durability than aluminum.

Companies use aluminum because its cheaper not because its more durable. Even the highest grade aluminums are not as good as a quality polycarbonate plastic.
>>
>>52635254
Not denying that polycarbonate is more durable. but I think manufactures use aluminium because of aesthetics rather than a desire to screw over the consumer.
>>
>>52635254
Implying I give a single fuck about strength flexibility, it's not like I drop my phone all the time.

Alumemeium looks and feels better.
>>
>>52634978
I am waiting for the phone to arrive. National mail is shite here

.>>52634999
Why MIUI is better than stock? I'm quite interested, please elaborate.
>>
>>52635966
>Why MIUI is better than stock? I'm quite interested, please elaborate.
More features, faster and it doesn't look like shit
>>
>>52635979
Well thanks anon. I honestly thought it was another bloated version, but I haven't used android in a while actually. I now have the Lumia 925, which was driving me nuts for the past year. I previously used Galaxy Nexus though. By the way, how much Android improved since Kitkat?
>>
>>52636078
It improved quite a bit. Design has gotten a lot better imo
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.