[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /g/-related projects/groups please stop using Rizon for IRC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 314x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 314x468
Can /g/-related projects/groups please stop using Rizon for IRC? Some of the things that get done here seem interesting, but I am always disappointed to see that their main avenues of communication is one the shittiest, most cancerous IRC networks to ever exist. I liyerally cringe just when I read "Rizon".

Please change your ways.
>>
>>52521562
You sound like the autistic one.
>>
Aww what's the matter son? You want it to be on Freenode? Sorry about that. You see, this site was founded by people that watch that anime, for people that watch anime, and they are generally already connected to Rizon because of this, so it's really easy to just make a channel on the server they're already on. It's not like we're purposely doing it just to piss you off or anything, you're just the minority here.
>>
>>52521636

This isn't /a/, faggot. But fine, if being an anime watching little bitch is more important than having a successful project, continue using Rizon and alienating talented people.
>>
>>52521704
>talented people
debatable
>>
>>52521704
It's so easy to blame unsuccessful projects on something silly like "using the wrong IRC server". How about we just accept that /g/ just cannot get together and do anything without it turning into a shitfest/clusterfuck? Because that's the honest truth of it. It has nothing to do with the fact we enjoy Japanese animation, it's just we cannot fucking agree on anything, everyone's a paranoid neckbeard with their own ideas of perfection that don't mesh together and eventually it all falls apart when someone pisses in the pool in some way or another.
>>
File: 1367901115047.jpg (82 KB, 535x649) Image search: [Google]
1367901115047.jpg
82 KB, 535x649
>can this thing be not what it is
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 640x640
>>52521785
/thread
>>
>>52521636
is that what rizon turned into?
an anime shitfest?
i remember is was the place to go for "warez"
man, you fucking weeboos fucked shit all up.
>>
>>52521867

It primarily for fansub groups and *chan-related shit. It is a terrible ecosystem for any serious projects. Just based on my interactions across a lot of different places, the best developers/artists/etc. do not want to be part of a project that is going to be associated with the stereotypical anime-watching pedophile.

I'm not saying you have to use Freenode, but literally any network is better and h
>>
File: ichijo.png (676 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
ichijo.png
676 KB, 853x480
>>52521905
you obviously don't belong here and should go away forever please
>>
>>52521930

Been here longer than you, newfag. Go
>>
>>52521867
Rizon is the server that every fansubbing group uses and has been for like...jeez I don't know, gotta be over a decade or more by now. Even generic sounding channels like #news are anime channels. It's also used by gaming groups and other weeaboo types.

I remember #lurk was on IRCHighway, but that went defunct like 5 years ago or something; I don't think anyone uses that server anymore. I still miss that one. There was another big anime server back in the day, but I just can't recall what it was.
>>
>>52521946
I've been on 4chan since 1998
>>
File: yotsuba010038.jpg (84 KB, 443x445) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba010038.jpg
84 KB, 443x445
>>52521905
>do not want to be part of a project that is going to be associated with the stereotypical anime-watching pedophile
the fuck are you doing on /g/ then?
>>
>>52521946

And you're still complaining.

If you weren't a newfag, if you've been here any length of time, you'd learn to ignore shit you don't like.
>>
>>52522044

Clearly you are a newfag, go back to reddit.
>>
File: shit.jpg (80 KB, 599x854) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
80 KB, 599x854
>>52521562
ur right
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.