[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy this /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: rpi2b.jpg (228 KB, 628x458) Image search: [Google]
rpi2b.jpg
228 KB, 628x458
Should I buy this /g/?
>>
>>52511001
>>
>>52511001
what is it?
>>
>>52511389
A meme
>>
>>52511389
Reverse search is your friend desu
>>
>>52511001
No, you should get a Pi zero.
>get chastity belt/cage depending on gender, some vibrators, a heart rate monitor
>vibrators and heart rate monitor are hooked up to Pi zero
>Pi zero is configured to shut off the vibrators if you get to aroused and are close to orgasm
>vibrators are positioned in chastity belt/cage at sensitive locations
>bonus points if you add a wifi or 3g/4g dongle and set up a website where people can vote on how long you should be kept horny and denied the ability to orgasm or if you should be stimulated to orgasm repeatedly
>have fun having no control over your level of arousal and when/if you orgasm and being completely at the mercy of others
>>
No, it will collect dust if you don't know exactly what you're getting it for.
>>
>>52513271
The raspberry pi 2 is Fast andwork very well
>>
>>52511412
Or...you know...image names...
>>
>>52511001
Sure
>>
>>52511001
Yes! You can build a super shit NAS with it!
>>
>>52513431
This.
>>
You could do a lot with it mate. It's basically a cheap server. Here are some ideas:
VPN server
Mail server
Web server
Torrent box
Usenet box
HTPC
Tor entry node
NAS (LAN and WAN)
DNS resolver
VoIP server
Music streaming
>>
>>52511001

Hey OP, I bought a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB and so far its been a really fun experience tinkering with the different OSes and software.

I would absolutely recommend getting one if you want a small computer that you can "break" as much as you want. What i mean is that if the Pi crashes, you can just format the SD and install a fresh OS.

I do NOT recommend buying one if you're just going to install an emulator or something and never touch it again.

Hope I helped and good luck.

Bump.
>>
>>52515596
>no 1Gbit ethernet
>no SATA or USB3
>NAS
>>
If you want it, buy it
>>
>>52515897
>>52511001
Yes and if I may offer a suggestion, run the os from usb stick. It doesn't corrupt as easy as the sd card and is faster.
>>
>>52515996
you can run OS from usb stick? why do they even have a SD card slot available then?
>>
>>52515945
I can get ~8 MiB/s of transfer speed, mate. For me that's enough for streaming full HD videos wherever I am.
>>
File: 1449524620148.jpg (15 KB, 131x225) Image search: [Google]
1449524620148.jpg
15 KB, 131x225
>>52513271
Wow that's hot. Would this actually work?
>>
>>52516044
So it won't occupy the limited number of ports on it.
>>
>>52516077
That's cool, but sometimes you're copying files and don't want a video to copy as long as it would play.
If you want a cheap nas, find an used netbook with GigE.
>>
>>52516044
The pi has to boot from sd. That's how it's build. Idk why they made that choice. So what you actually do is put the boot partition on sd card and the other partition on usb. I corrupted a few sd cards, but since I switched to usb 2 years ago it has never happened.
>>
>>52516111
If gige is more important then why not the $49 opi plus? It has 2gb ram and a quad core arm processor. 3.3w tdp.
>>
>>52516140
How would you boot otherwise? Only other sane option is built-in flash, but that's expensive. It was a good choice.
>>
>>52516111
>That's cool, but sometimes you're copying files and don't want a video to copy as long as it would play.
My Pi is a torrent and Usenet box already, I'm not copying anything to it.
>If you want a cheap nas, find an used netbook with GigE.
I'm not stealing any, mate. And a Pi 2 is below $50 all inclusive.
>>
>>52516044
SD is for booting the OS, and any free space is counted as internal HD space.

USB drives just add more storage space.

Would recommend getting a 32 or 64GB MicroSD for your Pi.

I using an 8GB and the OS takes up almost all the data and the Pi bitches at me about being low on storage every time I save a picture.
>>
For me I found it one of the most usefull tools to sit and start advancing my AI programing skills!

Very easy to begin and a few sources are available online!!!

http://pybrain.org/

https://rdmilligan.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/pybrain-on-raspberry-pi/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=56480

Now I have 4 working as a neural network performng tasks from simple mathematics to deciding how to divice a file in 3 so they can transfer it faster via teh network...
>>
>>52516178
Forgive me, I'm not criticising, but tried to point out that you still need sd card to operate the pi.
>>
>>52516221
>USB drives just add more storage space.

No, you actually can run the OS from there. Faster and more sable.
>>
>>52516398

Ill have to try that. I really thought that you could only boot from SD.

Thanks!
>>
>>52516798
You still need an sd card.
Google "raspberry pi usb cmdline.txt" or similar, that will get you started.
>>
>>52513271
but whores all around the world use it already

they put it in their vagina or panties and its bluetooth or wifi controlled, people who tips money on the cam can control power
>>
>>52511001
I use mine as a Kodi client box and a game emulator.
>>
>>52511001
no
>>
>>52511001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H19z1X3V4UQ
>>
>>52517177
But is that just when they're on camera or is it for a day or more when they're trying to go about their normal day, and is it just a set level of stimulation whether they orgasm or not or does it dynamically adjust to keep them right on the edge? I've read about girls barely being incredibly horny by the end of the day with just a vibrator on low, imagine being kept right on the edge for hours at a time.
>>
>>52517355
None of those are running Raspberry Pis
>>
>>52513943
Usb 2.0 kekaroo
>>
>>52511001
That's not a /g/
>>
These little shits are awesome

Just finished a script that downloads all episodes of a series, it'll be doing that straight for the next three weeks
>>
>>52519512
mind sharing?
>>
If you have to ask you don't really need it.
>>
>RPI
nah get something better unless you have to.

>tfw have to buy RPI 2 B for a class
>>
>>52516077
I get 9-10MB/s over with a usb hdd plugged into a 20-30$ router which i use as just a switch/samba server. Pi is ok, but i would not spend more than 15 on one.
>>
>>52511001
No.

I was going to use it to run plex to a TV without wires. I ended up figuring out my chrome cast does a better job. I have a pic and a zero with nothing I feel like doing. Most of my ideas are better with different hardware.
>>
File: PINE64.jpg (97 KB, 640x446) Image search: [Google]
PINE64.jpg
97 KB, 640x446
no buy the pine64

http://pine64.com/
>>
>>52521836
>http://pine64.com/
>BE THE FIRST TO GET UPDATES FOR THE PINE64 64-BIT SINGLE BOARD SUPERCOMPUTER. SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER NOW!

>supercomputer
>$15

I don't like the marketing. It feels they think I'm dumb
>>
>>52511001 Yes deer soup
>>
File: poackets.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
poackets.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>52511001
if you have a purpose for it.
Mine is hooked to an arduino and serves as a frontend.
>>
>>52520495
Cool, I did that too for a while. I'm using my Pi now for a lot more than just a NAS (see >>52515596 it runs everything listed). I couldn't possibly do that with my SOHO router, not even with OpenWrt.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.