[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it as easy as using Tails, or am I forever in the botnet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Tails_screenshot.png (126 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Tails_screenshot.png
126 KB, 1280x800
Is it as easy as using Tails, or am I forever in the botnet? Realistically how far can someone go to browse the interwebs anonymously?
>>
Tails along with not logging on to anything is your safest bet without making your own custom linux set up with stuff like i2p and freenet instead of tor
>>
>>52342150
i2p has literally no content
How is freenet?
>>
There's no way to spoof where you're at so an account login would look like someone else? Or do they just link any login to you
>>
>>52342117
You first need to determine who you are trying to hide from.
>>
>>52342177
Freenet is an inferior technology that doesn't even support dynamic websites.

>>52342283
NSA.
>>
>>52343158
How many millions of dollars are you willing to spend?
>>
>>52343210
As many as are needed.
>>
>>52343237
Start building a trustworthy chip fab that won't put backdoors in your hardware.
>>
>>52342177
freenet has no content either. my point only was that they are even safer than Tor. which they are, they have no content though.
>>
If you have access to Internet you are compromised.
>>
>>52342187
>There's no way to spoof where you're at so an account login would look like someone else?

Well, if you keep separate users, emails and everything for secure surfing then it might be ok. Just don't contaminate. It is very easy to mix up one day and log on to your anti-government twitter account without tails and then you messed up and will be spending the next 15 years in a american-style torture dungeon.
>>
>>52343269
Or just use old hardware dating back to the times before modern backdoors.
>>
>>52342117
pedoshit gb2 /a/
>>
>new hardware
>fresh OS
>go to airport
>use open wifi
>browse tor
>no one will ever know it's you
>>
>>52343323
Enjoy the 4 bit experience.
>>
>>52343393
It only has to work as an isolating proxy that you can hide the actual workstation behind.
>>
>>52343393
freedom aint free
>>
Browsing the web anonymously isn't that hard part. The hard part is acting anonymously. Subtle behaviours can give your game away.
>>
File: 1447023551601.jpg (76 KB, 750x516) Image search: [Google]
1447023551601.jpg
76 KB, 750x516
When I try to boot it up on my pc with a usb stick, I get a message upon start up that unauthorized changes were made to the BIOS/UEFI, and it doesn't allow me to boot up into tails. When I try it on my laptop, it works, but I can't connect to the internet for some reason, wirelessly or with a cable. I'm illiterate when it comes to understanding networks, MAC's and IP's and how to configure them, but I still think it would be easier to solve the connection problem on the laptop than to fiddle with the pc to get access. Any advice?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.