[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart Phones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_ozPQvEFJ.jpg (89 KB, 736x488) Image search: [Google]
4L_ozPQvEFJ.jpg
89 KB, 736x488
Which one of these four should I get, I have an experia z1s right now and it's fine but I've got a free upgrade so I'm gonna use it, any opinions or suggestions highly appreciated.
>>
The one that actually fits in your pocket.
>>
>>52269717
>>
I have the galaxy s6 and im enjoying it, would reccomend.
>>
>>52269740
Lol wtf newfag.
>>
Xperia Z5
>>
>>52269796
>>
>>52269786
My bad I'm just learning this app
>>
>>52269835
Get the iPhone, sell it with your Z1, don't open it, buy an iPhone 6s or 6s+ and kill yourself.
>>
>>52269850
>this app
>using clover
Die
>>
>>52269912
Actually it's fortune you fuckin nerd, god damn u nerds are ridiculous, all I wanted was some suggestions from some tech savvy people and it's just shit talking from kids that have never even kissed a girl
>>
>>52269880
The iPhone I was gonna get in the first place was the 6s and why the kill yourself??? Having a rough day of worthless nerdrum and beating off to that anime Pedo nonsense?
>>
>>52269680
>S6
Good camera, but shitty baterry.
>LG G4
Good camera + manual controls + Sd card + removable battery, but dat LG bloat.
>HTC
Lol no.
>Iphone
Overpriced, but works well.
>>
are you into homosex?
>>
>>52270073
Welcome to /g/ enjoy your stay
>>
Htc one uwotm8
>>
>>52270131
Thank you for an actual reply bro, seriously, I have it down to the G4 or the iphone6s......which would you choose of those two, I will either be jailbreaking or rooting btw, so the bloat ware on the G4 really isn't an issue after the root
>>
How about a priv nii~~
:3c
>>
>>52270217
I feel you man it's ridiculous, I wish someone who come out with a 4chan type site that could somehow have a legit age requirement system
>>
>>52270073
Learn how to read first
>/g/ is not your personal consumer review site
>>
>>52270288
Okay nerd thanks for the lesson on 4chan etiquette, hahahaha
>>
>>52270317
Go back to reddit, read the rules of the board faggot
>>
you seem like enough of a normie newfag that you would enjoy an iphone. at least you can actually hold it, so that's something positive about it I guess.
>>
Can someone please help me.
First time post.

I got the Z5 premium for christmas and today it stopped charging. I did nothing to the phone. It was next to me on my bed while charging from the laptop. I turned the lap top of which also stopped the charging of the phone. However when I woke up today my phone wont charge no matter how. I tried different methods and different chargers.

Also fuck sony.
>>
Nexus 6p tbhfam
>>
>>52269680
>I have an experia z1s right now and it's fine but I've got a free upgrade so I'm gonna use it

It's not free ya dingus.
>>
Why not get a nexus 5x?
>>
>>52269680
All four are overpriced. Get something Chinese.
>>
>>52270543
Like an iPhone?
>>
>>52270541
people will think that I'm poor if I get android.
>>
>>52270638
Arguably HTC and Motorola are Chinese (RoC and owned by PRC) and the iPhone is made in China, but I meant a mainland Chinese brand.

Xiaomi, Meizu, OnePlus, LeTv, Lenovo, Elephone whatever.
>>
>>52269680
The g4 if you like practical features. If you're a faggot, get the iPhone
>>
>>52269680
It depends on what you prefer.

Personally I'd take either the HTC or the Samsung. Heck, if I get it for free, I'd get the Samsung, since if it gets burn in, at least I didn't pay for it.
But if I had to pay for it, I would get the HTC, if it's heavily discounted (like about 300 bucks). You get decent performance in the best designed smartphone body and the best front facing speakers. And soon, it gets Marshmellow. But the camera is kinda meh, still usable if you shoot manual.

The LG is just ugly with those convex top and bottom sides. Plain retarded design.

The iPhone is probably the phone with the least flaws, but also the most limited in terms of customisability, if you're into that. So, you get a nice toy which can only be used as Apple wants you to use it. And personally I don't like that rounded-edges body with pillow-shaped icons. Looks retarded. It does have one of the best cameras. So, if you want that and don't want iPhone, go for the Samsung.

Careful with that back glass, though, I heard it can crack quite easily.
That glass, the amoled screen (burn in) and the mediocre battery life and lack of microSD are the reasons why I made a compromise and got the HTC M8. I may not have a great camera, but at least I have microSD card tray, great stereo speakers and all-metal body with an original design, not some chink knock-off of iphone. But that's just preference I guess. I also liked the gunmetal grey and hated the colourful models, so again preference. You might get bored of owning a dark grey phone in time.
>>
>>52270907
One more thing: both the HTC and the Samsung are superslippery. The HTC all-metal body feels really premium and smooth in hand, but realistically you won't keep it outside a case when you go outside, or else you might drop it. Same for the Samsung. So, you get a phone which looks and feels premium but you might only enjoy that feel only when you're using it in an environment where you won't drop it (like office or home).
>>
>>52270907
Thank you for the actual informative response, price isn't an issue for me, considering that would you still recommend the htc?
>>
>>52270482
I know that man, I just meant that my phone was a bit outdated and I'm due for an upgrade, and the price/money is not an issue for me, it's a damn new phone not a new boat
>>
>>52271101
It's between the Samsung and the HTC. I'd say the Samsung has less issues than HTC. But it lacks the mSD card tray. So, maybe you should just go to a store where they have these models and play around with them and see which one you like.

If you decide on the HTC, make sure you test the camera or speakers, make sure you don't get a defective unit, because their quality testing doesn't seem to be very good (they had many returns, if I'm not mistaken).

Overall, Samsung is a safer choice, but consider the HTC too if you absolutely need the greatest front-facing speakers, the mSD card and you like their metal design. Otherwise, if you can live without the mSD and ordinary speakers, but you want a good screen and camera, the Samsung might be a better choice.

The choice is yours, nobody can decide for you, then you get mad if you don't like it.
>>
>>52270655
Then you've already decided for yourself. Why even ask?
>>
OP... get Meizu pro 5
>>
>>52269680
huawei p8 @300 euro
>>
>>52271532
Damn that thing is nuts
>>
>>52270246
If you don't need to care about the money the I phone is an option. However I personally prefer android and would recommend that.
>>
>>52271626
yus, im getting one next month
>>
>>52271201
Thanks for all the info dude, I think I'm gonna go with the galaxy
>>
>>52270655
The flagships from Samsung and HTC are just as expensive as the iPhones. I think the Note 5 is more expensive (?), not sure.

It's just that iPhones got more hyped in the media and culture, but they're mass-produced goods just like any other. And they actually give you less limited options if you want to customise them.

The new Samsung flagships probably look better than iPhones, but you'll have to deal with the risk of having a glass back.

So, yeah, now you see why people buy iPhones... because they don't want to bother with customisation or handling these risks or potential flaws. They want a phone that just werks and since they're tech-illiterate, the lack of customisation options doesn't bother them.
>>
>>52271630
I've never tried rooting an android phone, do u have any experience with it, and if u do what are some of the cooler things to do with a rooted android phone, does it give u something like cydia after u root it?
>>
>>52271663
*iPhones give you more limited options for customisation, not less

my mistake
>>
All those phones fucking suck. Get a nexus.
>>
>>52271694
If I got an iPhone I would be rooting it, so customization options would be fine
>>
>>52271830
>Muh jailbreak
>muh 4x4 icons
>muh filter-approved Instagram wallpaper
>muh minimalist icons
tìps hacker fedora*
>>
>>52271691
Not him and I don't own a G4, but I've read that rooting the G4 is easy as fuck. Even Verizon gets the love. T-Mobile also gets twrp, so you can install a different rom if you wish.
>>
>>52269717
>tfw they could all fit in my pocket at the same time

When will this meme die already?
>>
>>52269774
>galaxy s6

No SD Card slot, fucking useless.
>>
>>52270246
>G4 really isn't an issue after the root

You'll want to read XDA Devs G4 section first then, because the G4's rooting options arent exactly stellar at the minute.
>>
>>52270435
Try a different charger? surely you have literally thousands of the damn things lying around by this point?
>>
>>52269912
What the fuck
I don't even know if this is bait
>>
>>52270541
>nexus 5x?

Only comes in 32GB max capacity and has no SD slot.

Fuck that.
>>
>>52271532
>>52271626
>Meizu pro 5

Best thing about it is to root it all you do is open a Flyme account so the Chinese can steal all your details, and flip a toggle.

Ta-da, phone is now rooted.
>>
>>52273548
Animes eating up your GB's anon
>>
>>52271532
>Meizu pro 5

Reading the review on gsmarena it says the phone doesnt have an ir blaster or fm radio? what does that mean?
>>
>>52271532
Weird. Might purchase though screen is a bit too big
>>
>>52269680

Don't get the s6. The camera and build quality is good but the software is bloated and the battery is terrible. Besides, I currently own the previous flagship, the S5. If you care about android updates be prepared to flash shitty cyanogenmods because they've abandoned the S5 on 5.0 after 1 year.

I like HTC's build quality, software and speakers (had the m7 and m8), but the camera and battery in the new one are pretty mediocre.

Haven't had an LG but their software is like an even uglier touchwhiz clone and just as bloated. good features and hardware though.

iPhone is probably the best camera/speed wise, battery is pretty bad and the OS is really locked down.

I would wait another month or two, snapdragon 820 based phones are due out by then.
Depending on what HTC brings out, i'll get either that or the Xperia Z6 if that's out soon.
>>
>>52273548
>needing any more than 16gb
nice going moving over all your flac's, grats
>>
>>52275679
The fuck? 16GB? I needed more than that 8 years ago.

The fuck do you guys even have a premium smartphone for if you can get by on fucking 16GB?

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>52270131
Is the G4 bloat worse than samsung bloat?
>>
>>52275883
Who cares, you're going to root both of them anyway, arent you?
>>
>>52271830
>If I got an iPhone I would be rooting it

>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole to get basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while exposing all of my private data to russian hackers

ayylmao
>>
>>52269680
not saying that this board isnt full of neckbeards more transparent than clear water but welcome to 4chan m8, get used to it or get out.

also I'd get the LG G4. great screen, great camera, better battery life than the competition, UI is nearly stock, snapdragon 808 >810. the s6 looks like shit in real life imo and battery life is bad too, worse than that is the glass back being prone to break. though that AMOLED screen is beautiful and the camera is good and the SOC is very based.

the htc one m9 is the best in speakers and design but it pales in comparison to the others.

other than the iPhone of course which should be your last choice.
>>
>>52269680

I can't really say much about the other three, but don't get the G4, if it's anything like the G3 at all (it is) the battery life will be awful unless you turn the brightness down really low. I don't know if it suffers from the lagginess the G3 does either, but after owning a G3 for about a year I'm never buying an LG phone again until they sort this shit out
>>
>>52276110
Afaik neither is properly rootable or unlockable.

>>52275883
Only bloat on the G4 is carrier.
>>
Terrible information on here...

>>52276438
The worst thing about the Samsungs is the screen. Worst amoled they've put out in years. white balance is shit, terrible viewing angles (on an amoled, how the fuck did they fucking fuck that up, and ghosting.

>>52276501
The G3 was awful for sure, the G4 battery life isn't as good as it should be, but since samsung shrunk their battery it's still better.
>>
>>52269680
>free upgrade
No it's not. They just want to keep you on your current plan for 3 or 2 more years.
>>
>>52269680
Can anyone post that /g/ phone tier image? I need it for reference
>>
>>52276524
you can unlock g4 bootloader officially...
>>
>>52275820
Seriously, what is on your phone? I can't imagine ever needing more than 16gb unless you actually download music and movies and shit to you phone for some reason.
>>
Get an LG g4 I have one and it's great, screen is great, camera is great, and it's almost impossible to destroy, way better battery life than any of those other options too
>>
>>52276501
>>52276592
>G3
>Laggy
I guess you faggots haven't tried out Marshmallow? It's like a new phone compared to Lollipop and I'm getting 6 hours SoT.
>>
I have a G3 and was thinking about getting a G5 when it's released before the Marshmallow update. Now I'm thinking this thing might last a lot longer.
>>
Get in here fags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIxv1GU3jYg
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.