[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple, arguably the most influential tech company, is beloved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: womenwhocode1.jpg (123 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
womenwhocode1.jpg
123 KB, 750x563
Apple, arguably the most influential tech company, is beloved by women. Why doesn't Apple employ more female engineers and coders? Do you think this uneven representation is an issue?
>>
that hardware is worth more than a pile of drugs, and it's just sitting there on the table surrounded by clueless idiots.
>>
Because they care about quality.
>>
macbooks are the best laptops
they're beloved by anyone who likes laptops
>>
>>52199178
edgy
2 reddit gold have been deposited into your unemployment fund
>>
https://www.apple.com/diversity/
>>
>>52199076
fuck you and this female coder thing. movies drove women out with le nerd meme, not us.
>>
>>52199076
>Why doesn't Apple employ more female engineers and coders?

Because decent ones are extremely hard to find, and a company that cares about profits is not going to hire down.
>>
File: 1449700302549.png (210 KB, 1074x1825) Image search: [Google]
1449700302549.png
210 KB, 1074x1825
>>52199262
>a company that cares about profits is not going to hire down.
ayy
>>
Honestly all these diversity in the workplace faggots need to spend 10 minutes thinking about what they're doing first. If they really want diversity they need to target the TV shows that teach kids that computers are for autistic white male nerds. Artificially forcing diversity at any later stage is just going to reduce quality, make it more difficult to hire people and cause massive backlash.
>>
File: 1449706795154.jpg (857 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449706795154.jpg
857 KB, 1920x1080
>>52199282
At least that explains this.
>>
>>52199291
this is the result of a clash of interests, jews want to make goys feel bad about being smart, and large tech corporations want more people to employ
>>
>>52199310
this is why apple should just make laptops
>>
Beloved? I absolutely despise them. Their products are overpriced and their entire campaign is dumbing down technology.
>>
File: a65.jpg (31 KB, 479x376) Image search: [Google]
a65.jpg
31 KB, 479x376
>>52199282
>24% hispanic/black
>35% women
>>
>>52199480
old cs skins were best skins. Why now in CS:GO is everyone the same? I wish they'd allow you to choose :D
>>
>>52199225
>having a page for this
>>
>>52199076
>is beloved by women
Because everything just wörks, thanks to nerdy males hat developed them.

>Why doesn't Apple employ more female engineers and coders?
Because this >>52199310 then happens.

>>52199215
>Macbook 12
>only 1 USB-3.1 Typ-C
Yeah you must love buying 90€ adapters.
>>
>>52199552
it's a laptop, not a desktop
why would a laptop need more than one usb port?
>>
>>52199225
>logging employee's ethnic backgrounds.
>" We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of race, age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation."
Lel
>>
>>52199614
Unless you're a tech illiterate normalfag who browses facebook as a main activity on your computer (i.e. Apple's main customer) one USB port isn't enough.
>>
File: 1428708478213.jpg (56 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
1428708478213.jpg
56 KB, 800x517
>>52199614
Good goyim
>>
>>52199614
>does not have more than one pheripheral
poorfag detected
>>
>>52199076
the women in that photo are not programmers, the one on the bottom right is looking at a craigslist ad for fucks sake (ffs)
>>
>>52199310
can someone explain to me why this pic is a meme. Is it because of the retarded charging ports?
>>
>>52199076
>Why doesn't Apple employ more female engineers and coders? Do you think this uneven representation is an issue?
Not at all. Woman simply aren't interested in these fields. Those that are, are completely miserable. Women have an innate desire to care for and nurture, as such, fields such as nursing are more appealing to this sex.
>>
>>52199650
>>52199687
>>52199698
tell me what you would need more than one port for

your desktop obviously needs 4-6 ports for keyboard, mice, printer, etc but a laptop is not a desktop and shouldn't be used that way
>>
>>52199784
+ the sticking out battery

>>52199826
Wireless/cable mouse + an USB HDD/Flash Drive? Hooking up 2 HDDs/FDs to copy files?
>>
>>52199826
>he let's them tell him how to use his laptop
Good goyim

But seriously, a mouse is an absolute must for anything other than mindless scrolling. Since Apple likes to advertise for the creative crowd, I'll name Photoshop or Logic as an example. Nobody seriously uses those without a mouse. But what if you want to use an USB stick? Or connect a hard drive? An e-banking stick? A graphics tablet or midi keyboard?
>>
>>52199910
And actually, many people do use a laptop pretty much as a more portable desktop.
>>
>>52199937
But those people won't buy a macbook 2015... If they want to use their macbooks as desktops they would rather buy a macbook pro
>>
>>52199974
OK I will give that to you, I actually don't know shit about Apple products. 1 USB port only just send beyond stupid to me.
>>
>>52199220

Nice double-leddit post.

>>>r/mra faggot
>>
>>52199480
I bet they're in unimportant/non-vital positions though.

I genuinely wouldn't trust anyone outside of White/Jewish/East Asian males for tech work.
>>
>>52199076
>employ more female engineers and coders
Apple is already circling the drain. thatll clinch the deal.
SJWs = Death
>>
>>52200023
>trusting the joos
>>
>>52200042
"trust" in the sense that they will be able to complete the job they're assigned to.
>>
>Do you think this uneven representation is an issue?

No. The representation is NOT uneven. The ratio is not representative of the general population, but it is representative of the population of engineers. Employing an equal number of men and women would be uneven representation since the pool of male engineers is much larger.

The problem is that women are discouraged from going into engineering by bad parenting, bad education, and peer pressure. The discrepancy in hiring we see is just a symptom. We should work on the REAL problem rather than blaming companies for hiring good people.
>>
>>52199076
Fuck off social justice parasites. If women want representation they need to take stem classes and apply themselves. Forced representation just means someone who works harder gets fucked for absolutely no good reason.

MERIT.
>>
>>52199076
>Apple, arguably the most influential tech company, is beloved by Koreans. Why doesn't Apple employ more Korean engineers and coders? Do you think this uneven representation is an issue?

No. I'm a gook and I don't give a shit. Any company I purchase from does not need to represent my identity.
>>
>>52200235
Or ya know...stop telling women what the fuck to do with their lives. Can we try that? If they don't want to be engineers what fucking business is it of yours? And what possible fucking right do you have to 'correct' it?
>>
>>52199282

Wow. I'd love to see a more detailed breakdown of that data.

When I said decent ones are extremely hard to find, I wasn't kidding. The only women I ever see apply to work in development at my employer are Indian or Asian, and even then they are the minority by far. It seems we just don't get that many resumes from women.

Women for some reason tend to shy away from the STEM fields, which is odd given that women account for the majority of university students these days. You would think Universities would spread students out more, and encourage them into fields that fit their talents.
>>
>>52200376
>The only women I ever see apply to work in development at my employer are Indian or Asian

That's not to say there's something wrong with that. A few of the Indian women I work with totally run circles around me, technically. If I had to say something racist, I'd probably say that Chinese women tend to think they're perfect, when in fact they kind of suck at their jobs. lol
>>
>>52200474

Although, is picking on a specific nationality racist? Probably not. Oh whatever. This social justice shit is bonkers.
>>
>>52199076
Many women get jobs in industries where they are likely to meet wealthy, educated men who are good marriage prospects.
With this in mind, OP, would you like to re-frame your question?
Let's face it, most IT guys are dorks.
>>
>>52200657

The wealth doesn't outweigh the dork? Damn it.
>>
>>52199893
>Wireless mouse + an USB HDD/Flash Drive?
what is bluetooth

But yeah, one port is retarded, they should've at least added another one on opposite side for symmetry, or make a separate magsafe charging port.
>>
>>52200737
it does but only when you make at least seven figures. Most IT guys only make 6.
>>
And not a delete key to be found
>>
>>52200810

I'm shit out of luck then. Well fuck. Only another 800k to go.
>>
Because when less women actually show interest in STEM fields, you can't get what isn't there.
>>
>>52200810

You're probably right. Just look at Elon Musk. The guy is super awkward, has the social skills of your average autistic /jp/ poster, and was regularly beaten up in school, but he's gotten the pussy and procreated more times than most tech nerds.
>>
>>52200910

Yep and it's a race for companies to get any women that graduate the STEM fields in order to banner out "DIVERSITY".
>>
Who care if they are men or women .
That is just some stupid shit right there when i sit down with an app the last fucking thing on my mind is .. hmm i wounder what cunt created this ??
i only think that if the app sucks
>>
>>52202767
>I'm not really a misogynist! I only call them cunts when their app sucks according to my standards!
>>
>>52202799
Not that guy, but I call any idiot who makes a stupid product a cunt. Especially when they were hired primarily due to their gender.
>>
>>52203909
>When someone is hired because of their gender they're not qualified!
>I call them a cunt!
>I'm not misogynistic!
>>
>>52204175
Cry me a river you sjw cunt.
Spewing out the misgony card does not make you right, gender quotas are bullshit period.
People should be hired by their skills not their gender.
>>
This has been repeated 1,000 times but I'm gonna be number 1,001. They need to hire competent people regardless of gender and shouldn't focus on fulfilling some diversity quota. If a woman is a good engineer, well that's good. If there is a man that is better then he is going to get the job and vice versa.
>>
>>52204458
see
>>52199282
>>
>>52204305
this.
>>
You're talking about a group of people that like/want things simply because they are expensive and/or other people have them

Just look how nuts they are with
>fashion
>handbags
>jewelry
>shoes
>>
>>52199282
So they don't count the asians in China. The percentage would be way higher
>>
Woman don't know what they want until they have it in their hands and believe it's disposable.
IE: They get the newest iPhone and treat it like a pre paid go phone until the new iPhone comes out.
>>
>>52199076
No it is not an issue. Hiring under qualified candidates won't improve profits
>>
>>52204494
That pisses me off but they're probably just doing that to appeal to progressives for that sweet SJ money.
>>
>>52200317
Not all Asians have internalized racism and self hate issues like you do.
>>
>>52199076
Because gay men are less privileged and better at software development.
>>
>>52199076
Women are better at multi-tasking and manging operational side of the company. They are also good at customer service and organizing things.

That doesn't mean they can poke their noses in every field, particularly STEM fields. If women and men had similar thought processes and capacities, the STEM fields would have overwhelming number of women and we won't have to force them into the industry and colleges through quotas.

They are not interested because it is beyond their capacity to understand. So photos like the one OP posted piss me off so much because they are just sitting there like decorative ornaments to pacify the feminists who are foaming in their mouths.
>>
>>52204889
>If women and men had similar thought processes and capacities

There would be no equality bullshit, it'll be go in, do work, go home.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.