[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell are Google possibly trying to learn from these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 435v53v.jpg (63 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
435v53v.jpg
63 KB, 396x594
What the hell are Google possibly trying to learn from these CAPTCHA? This is a technology question.

I understood the words and the street signs faggotry but this is driving me nuts, they must be a deeper reason for this? Is it trying to teach their algorithms differences between certain color combinations? What's it for?
>>
>>52128757
Shapes, maybe?

Either way, don't be a cuck, and switch to Legacy Captchas. Don't work for Google for free.
>>
>>52128757
it's christmas, so they're not being evil for a brief period
>>
>>52128757
they did this around thanksgiving with cartoon turkeys too

i think it's just a holiday thing. like, they're giving us easy af captchas as a sort of gift.
>>
maybe the captcha for once is not botnet

and just maybe the captcha isnt trying to steal information or learn from you
>>
>>52128757
i think they just do festive stuff sometimes. they had depictions of turkeys during thanksgiving
>>
>>52128788
Christmas isn't for 361 more days what are you talking about
>>
>>52128776
You don't have legacy captcha on the mobile interface tho.
>>
>>52128757
i made a google account to shitpost in the youtube comments, and for a few hours after logging into the account i don't have to do captchas.
>>
>>52128894
that's how they getcha
>>
How can one used kw9 or other Capcha broker for chan?
>>
>>52128757
>implying Jewgle doesn't analyze and store your comments when using captcha
>>
>>52128921
This. The sole purpose of the captcha on 4chan is to tie a user ID to every comment.
>>
>>52128911
this pls

i don't like being put to task by robots to identify images

words i was okay with
>>
>>52128871
But you can have it. I just tried it
>>
>>52129019
Fug, true. Last time I checked (many months ago) it was missing.
>>
>>52129077
I think that it was added after that sellout loser Moot left the building.
>>
>>52128797
And with no increase in spam. Remind me again why we need the hard captchas in the first place?
>>
>>52128911
>>alien dildos
>>guide to sex with Dogs
>>cuckholded by dogs
>>animu
>>xp

Seems like your average 4chan user right here
>>
>>52128757
Your confusion is in thinking that Google Captcha exists to train machines to distinguish. This image doesn't do that. This image is a simple Captcha test.
>>
Op, what simple rule would you use to distinguish the boxes? Can't use colors, straight lines differences in shape, consummate squares?. It works because it's super easy for humans and fucking annoying for computers
>>
>>52129137
So you solve more of them for Big Brother Google.
>>
>>52128911
>BearShare
>limewire
ah, good times
>>
>>52129137
because given time spam bot makers can easily crack this shit. They're all in the center and a diff colour ffs.

think before you post faggot
>>
>>52129902
I don't think you understand how difficult this is for a computer to distinguish. There's a reason why there are hands and bold regular patterns in the image.
>>
>>52129927
I'm very certain I could do this with a python script I could write within the hour
>>
>>52128871
You get paid for solving captcha?
>>
>>52130012
Do it then. I'll see you in two hours.
>>
>>52128757
it's to refine differentiation, that's why often the "gift boxes" are accompanied by other boxlike shapes
hory shiet I got that exact captcha, are you a wisard?
>>
Checking user's accuracy. They know what the answers should be, they want to verify they're getting real data from the outside world and how reliable users' answers usually are.
>>
>>52130115
If they know what the real answer is already, what's the point of verifying at all? There is no point. This is a simple captcha, nothing more.
>>
>>52129377
> doesnt know that image from 2 years ago
go newfag somewhere
>>
>>52128911
>trillian
damn havent seen that in years
what happen to it
>>
>>52130177
I think it's still around as payware
>>
>>52130143
Read again
>>
>>52128788
>JUST REMINDING YOU TO BUY YOUR GIFTS NOW
>N O W, GOYIM
>>
>>52130177
Why would you ever use that
>>
>>52128757
Better image recognition algorithms. Associating words to certain things in a given picture.

Back a few months ago Googles image recognition identified a nigger as a gorilla, (no joke look it up)

Top kek, just a theory.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.