[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here use Hackintosh? I'm looking to give it a go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1659908.png (140 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1659908.png
140 KB, 1680x1050
Anyone here use Hackintosh? I'm looking to give it a go. Install Windows, Hackintosh and a >linucks distro all together for a l33t hacking machine with three separate operating systems rather than one like faggots have. Is it possible to tri-boot with Hackintosh included?
>>
>>52127967
Well you need a macintosh in order to make a bootable OSX usb, so if you don't you're fucked.
>>
>>52127967
Mac is for video editing
Windows is for gaming
Linux is for l33t hacking
>>
File: 3.iCloud-it-just-works.png (111 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
3.iCloud-it-just-works.png
111 KB, 500x257
OP here. I would seriously like to know if tri-booting is possible. I've only heard of people installing two operating systems, never three.

>>52128009
That sucks. Does the update application / file Apple provides only work once? If I somehow manage to find someone willing to let me mooch off their El Capitan update thing, would they not be able to update for themselves afterwards?
>>
>>52128169
erm, it's just because the usb maker is only available on osx and uses a specific set of tools to make it bootable. You need the program in order to make a working usb that can boot off OSX.

However, if someone would lend you their mac or something for a half-hour, you could run unibeast and get it no problem. If you're updated to the latest version, youwon't be able to get the file off the apple store, so you'll need to torrent it or something.
>>
>>52128242
Ah, that doesn't really answer your query.
No, it won't restrict them from doing anything after running the program.
No, you can't get the file off the apple store if you're on the latest version.
Yes, you can torrent it off some sites, so you aren't screwed.
>>
>>52128242
>>52128282
Okay, fantastic.
>>
>>52128009
Download a VMWare OSX image, you can pass a USB stick through to it and make a boot disk if you download the installer from the App Store, just like on a real mac.
>>
>>52128009
>being this retarded
you can get a program that reads the mac os. then install mac os on a usb.
>>
>>52128169
OP, torrent Snow Leopard, and install it inside VMware or Virtualbox. You can download El Capitan, and work from there.

Also, just run Linux in a VM - it's not like you're going to gayme on it anyway
>>
OP here. Thank you all for your responses. I will pirate Snow Leopard and run it in a virtual environment to acquire El Capitan.

Linux will be installed along with Windows and El Capitan, Hackintosh edition. It'll be a tri-boot arrangement. Three operating systems on one drive, how mad is that?!
>>
>>52127967
I tri boot win 8.1, gentoo on a mbp
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.