[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QA testing at Google.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1445560989397.gif (3 MB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
1445560989397.gif
3 MB, 336x335
I have an interview in 3 hours. They are requesting for native level of english, a tiny bit of SQL, javascript, html and css.

Any last minute advice/suggestions/requests??
>>
>>52099601
>QA testing at Google
are you kidding me
>>
>>52099601
>Any last minute advice
poor in loo and do the needful
>>
>>52099601
learn english
>>
>>52099610
Why lol, it's my first job

>>52099629
I'm far from an indian currynigger though

>>52099633
Don't worry m8 I got that covered :^)
>>
>>52099638
>requesting for native level of english

No you don't.
>>
Make sure you know basic SQL/JS/HTML/CSS?

Do you know the differences between all the joins in SQL? If not, you haven't prepared well
>>
>>52099601
explain inner join
>>
did they give you any requirements?

I'm doing a side job next to university, and I'm half implementing and half testing new things. Can be incredibly boring, e.g. just clicking through the application and checking if everything still works, in different scenarios (user, admin) etc. But having knowledge of Javascript and CSS (and your browser's console and inspector) can help identifying and formulating bugs. If you are testing apps good luck.
>>
>>52099686
An inner join is a link between two tables sharing fields, right?

>>52099672
How many are there exactly? I've seen inner and outer joins.

>>52099696
Not really, I've only been contacted by two headhunter companies so far, nothing directly from google. Just now they arranged a group interview with me and a bunch of other people (there are 5 QA testing positions available).

I don't mind it being boring, but what about testing apps? Is it that bad?
>>
>>52099767
>I don't mind it being boring, but what about testing apps? Is it that bad?
It's more complicated to debug when it crashes and does weird stuff, I only programmed and tried to debug apps myself a few times but web applications are way easier (most of the time at least)

Maybe they don't even need/want you to get very technical, then it's just "test this new feature" and doing click-throughs. Try registering invalid usernames, empty fields, crash the app with a certain input or key combo... I guess. The term "QA testing" is not very specific.
I think they might give you more technical and specific tests if you prove to them that you know that stuff ("user xyz has this bug here, can you try to reproduce this?")
>>
>>52099855
Any recommendations, then? Typical tester jargon or anything of the sort? Or could you share some procedure for simple tester tasks?

What I mean is, I've looked up stuff like regression, test plan and strategy, bug life cycle and so forth. Is there anything else I should know?
>>
>>52099880
>Is there anything else I should know?
Every company does it differently, but here's what it could look like (very basic example):

>1. Visit 4chan.org
>2. Visit the /g/ technology board
>3. Create a new thread by selecting an image and writing some text into the text box, click "post"
>Expected result:
> - Your thread was successfully posted
> - Your text is there where it's supposed to be
> - The image is where it's supposed to be, the thumbnail was created successfully
> - Your new thread is listed in the thread / board overview
> - Your thread is listed on the 'new activity' box on the front page
> ...
>10. Repeat the same steps as moderator/administrator

You see it can get quite detailed if you want it to, could be just a sheet of paper with checkboxes, could be the same test procedure but on multiple devices, app versions, operating systems... you know. It helps to know some terms. Those that you liste are good enough, I think you will understand the rest in context, or just ask.. as I said every company does it differently and might use a different software for documenting bugs.
>>
>>52099972
This is one popular bug tracking software btw, might be worth taking a look, don't break a sweat if you don't understand it (I think even most professionals don't know what all these buttons do)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/what-is-an-issue-270829373.html
>>
>>52100000
Is it JIRA?

I'm familiar with JIRA as I've been posting cyanogenmod bug reports for fucking ever.

Also thanks a lot for your input!
>>
>>52100022
yes that's jira
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.