[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Verizon shill Ask your questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: 3457435387.png (1 MB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
3457435387.png
1 MB, 1024x640
Verizon shill

Ask your questions
>>
>>52094588
I bricked my phone trying to unlock the bootloader. What are the chances that Verizon will replace it under warranty?
>>
>>52094588
Why haven't you killed youself yet?
>>
im assuming you're just a nigger selling phones/plans at a store in a mall

you have nothing to contribute
>>
>>52094588
>Another brand attempts to copy the Apple Store aesthetic

At least the red looks better than Microsoft's rainbow of fail uniform inconsistency
>>
>>52094614
Less then zero. Corporate stores are told not even to touch them the moment it is discovered they have been tampered with. Even if someone does a warranty exchange the moment it arrives at the warehouse and is inspected, they will charge you $350.

>>52094615
Making too much money and I generally enjoy myself.

>>52094625
Red and Black and White. It is pleasing on the eyes. Plus they encourage us to wear red and black sneakers so they are pretty comfy.
>>
If I raped one of your employees in the store would that void my contract?
>>
File: 1029834908732.webm (301 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1029834908732.webm
301 KB, 500x375
If verizon EVER offered unlimited high speed lte again, how much do you think they would charge a month? $200? $300?

I'm currently paying 60$/month for unlimited high speed lte with boost mobile and use 20 sometimes 30GB of internetz a month.
>>
>>52094649
It doesn't turn on at all or anything though. For all they know, it's a dead phone.
>>
>>52094675
Literally never ever. Now that the carriers can no longer fleece people on minutes and texts and contracts. The only thing they can use as leverage for more monthly income is data plans. Unlimited plans are unsustainable. If they make them so expensive only the assholes who run their entire apartment complex off a hotspot then it is pointless and against only puts stress on our network for the benefit of few. If they make them cheap then no more profits.

>>52094701
You can try and sneak it senpai but phones that don't turn on period are either water logged or tampered with. Once they eliminate one they will assume the other.
>>
Why do you lie about that $300 Visa Gift Card? Fios was installed in our area two years ago and no one here ever got the card from signing up. This seems to be a pretty common theme.
>>
>>52094588
Any way to actually get a Lumia 950 / 950XL to activate on Verizon? The radio is there, but I seem to recall some politics between Verizon and Microsoft...
>>
>>52094752
No idea on that senpai. Our location and area doesn't offer Fios so I am not at all knowledgeable about the service or promotions. Sorry if you had a bad experience though.
>>
Thank you for being the nicest isp in my area
>>
File: 1408773121793.gif (34 KB, 800x399) Image search: [Google]
1408773121793.gif
34 KB, 800x399
>>52094779
>windows phone
Why would you ever want to do this to yourself?
>>
>>52094796
As opposed to what, exactly?

Every app I use is available in the Win ecosystem. A large portion of the work I do is not available outside of the Windows eco-system. (Exchange MAPI, EWS, some active-sync)
>>
Blackberry Priv when?
cost?
Other terms we should know?
>>
File: 1357470633845.gif (957 KB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
1357470633845.gif
957 KB, 375x211
>>52094842
I had to use the Lumia 735 for 3 months as a work device. On average it crashed 6-10 times a day. Doing the most simplest of tasks.

>Answer a call?
crash
>Send a call?
Crash
>Open the settings menu?
Crash
>Move an app?
Crash
>Go to turn off the power?
Crash

IT CANNOT EVEN TURN ITSELF OFF WITHOUT CRASHING

That OS is an unstable buggy steam pile of wet shit and all 3 that I was forced to sell against my strongest recommendations all came back within the 2 week WFG.
>>
>>52094588
Do you have more pictures of that beautiful black woman?

I'm sorry G but ever since i had my Jamaican girlfriend, i am diamond hard for black booty bitches.
>>
>>52094727
I think it's clearly sustainable but companies wouldn't be able to jew us out of so much money. Each cell tower probably has a 1Gbps fiber optic connection capable of sustaining 100 customers at ~10Mbps of constant downloading if they were close to the tower.

Most places aren't that packed and most people also rarely have their phones downloading stuff especially at high speeds.
>>
>>52094906
AT&T only

:^)
>>
>>52094912

I had a Lumia 520 for about a year and it literally crashed once

Seems like yours was faulty
>>
>>52094912
Sounds like you had a bad device. Hardware failures != OS failures.

Mine have been rock solid for me.

925 --> 1520.3, with an M8 Win in there somewhere for good measure.
>>
>>52094588
Been looking to switch carriers, any free phone or shit with a contract or something? New phones are expensive.
>>
>>52094906
Soon™

>>52094930
I work with 5. The only attractive one is a mutt and flat as a board. I would recommend "blackbootybitches" in your google search.

>>52094953
>>52094955
Co-worker from teh same class got stuck with the same device. Same issues. Either there was an entire batch that was faulty or you seem to have had incredible luck.

>>52094983
We no longer do contracts. Any phone you get that is "free" with a contract is such a cheap phone that you are getting swindled paying the higher monthly contract prices.

Way we do it now is call Device Payment. Take the total cost of the phone and chop it up 24 times. You then pay it off month by month instead of all at once or doing a contract and still pay for 40% of the total cost. As a benefit you get a lower monthly line access to compensate. Overall it typically saves about $100-200 rather then doing a 2-yr contract and requires nothing upfront.

We are running a promo almost constantly where you get $300 credit for starting service if you give us a working smart phone, even if it is only worth $20. That is a nice little kick start. Also we're launching a contract buyout program soon so if you got time left on the clock we might pay it out for you.
>>
>>52094588
When are you faggots going to bring back unlimited data? Your data caps are a joke and its what drove me away in the first place.
>>
>>52095059
this
>>
File: 6857637456.jpg (36 KB, 390x414) Image search: [Google]
6857637456.jpg
36 KB, 390x414
>>52095059
>>52095087
>bring back unlimited data
It will literally and I mean literally never happen. The only reason you can get unlimited from Sprint is because it is a fucking hoax.

Yeah sure "unlimited data" at speeds so slow wikipedia pages take 10 seconds to load. If you got an unlimited Verizon plan never ever ever drop that shit. Unlike the other carriers we do not throttle anyone, including the unlimited customers. Hell they can even upgrade now and keep their plan.

Unlimited data brings no profits and an assload of strain on the network.
>>
>>52095104
>Strain on the network

Not my problem.
Im not interested in taking Verizons fat cock up my ass when I go over their pathetically small data limit.

Sure T-Mobile throttles me after 20gb but they dont tell me to pay more to keep getting data.

What you fags do should be considered a crime.
>>
>>52094727
>>52094701
>>52094649
>>52094614

Cool story bro, I brought in a bricked phone claiming it "died and won't charge".

Replaced under warranty.

This was a couple years ago and policies may have changed, but the rep I talked to didn't give it a second thought.
>>
File: 1398242945990.gif (2 MB, 158x246) Image search: [Google]
1398242945990.gif
2 MB, 158x246
>>52095147
>not my problem
Well it is Verizon's problem and since it is the goal of a business to make money we are not going to simply give you unlimited data cheaply and at high speeds for nothing other then pleasing some faggot who thinks he is entitled to the world.

Also you make up .02% of our consumer base. Mass majority of people use 2-3 gigs per line. If you think our rates are unfair then simply go to another carrier. It is a free market.

>>52095191
He certainly can try. Just giving a heads up that they do check that shit. I've only been with the company 8 months but so far I seen dozens of cases of people trying to sneak tampered/damaged devices through warranty to get that replacement charge.
>>
>>52094588

Do you guys ever drop peoples monthly bill or give more data or any incentive if a loyal and reliable (always pays bill on time) customer says they are considering switching carriers?

I know Comcast has done that for me in the past. I called them up and said "x competitor is offering a better deal, could you guys match that or lower my bill at all?" and they dropped it $15/month to keep me. Does Verizon ever do anything like that?
>>
>>52095104
>hoax
ayyy lmao. Then why am I getting 10-20mbps of download speed even though I've already used over 100gb of data? I've never experienced slow speeds with sprint, ever.
>>
>>52095249
Aww too bad, guess The only other two options to throw money at are sprint and t-mobile. Have fun not getting my money.
>>
>>52095301
Nothing will get you to a live person and a better deal faster then saying "I want to cancel service". Do it right now and you'll probably get a juicy deal to keep you if you have tenure and good bill payment history. I would say call in though. There are customer retention teams who's sole purpose is to make you happy. If you go in a store they will mostly have offers that deal with upgrades rather then monthly discounts or credits.

>>52095319
I am literally happy you are leaving faggot. We have to deal with twats like you every once in awhile and I can already tell you not a single person gives a shit about you. I'll try to save a decent person who wants a better deal. Not some fatass NEET shithead that thinks he deserves to be worshiped and penny pinches everything. Let the other carriers suffer your patronage.
>>
File: 1445641731697.webm (52 KB, 224x198) Image search: [Google]
1445641731697.webm
52 KB, 224x198
>no more unlimited lte plans
fucking dropped
>>
>>52095365

Oh yeah, I would definitely call. I know those in the stores would just embarrassingly try to up-sell. My bill is pretty high because I went when there weren't any promotions (needed a new phone / plan right then and there, dumb I know). You think a $20/month discount would be doable even if I've only been with VZW for like 3 years? I do have a spotless bill history.
>>
>>52095406
Whats your current plan/lines/contracts senpai?
>>
what is a device fee and why do you have to pay it? not a verizon customer but sometimes i get curious and make a plan that is similar to my T-mobile family plan and it is easily twice as expensive as what i am paying.
>>
>>52095436
>device fee
You mean that random $7 in the taxes and such? Officially it is become our network is larger and stronger and ever expanding so every customer pays a sort of house tax to keep the network ever expanding and updating.

Unofficially meh. There is no way to truly calculate those costs and it is most likely just a rough guess then a finely calculated fee.
>>
>>52095419

I'm on the "new" plan you've been talking about since I split from my family plan back in May. I've been a customer for about 4-5 years but I guess technically this is the first bill in my name. But I have been paying into the family plan for 4-5 years and it's been flawless since.

It was originally 2GB/month with an Iphone 6 64gb on that no down payment plan or whatever. I kept going over and bumped it up to 3GB/month; still barely enough. It's $125 a month for 3GB including paying for the device. Feels like I'm getting fucked with all the crazy promotions elsewhere and the fact I didn't really catch ANY deal when I signed up. If I could get it closer to $100/month then I think it would be a bit more in line... but still not close to the other carriers. Or, if they got me up to 5GB a month at what I'm at then maybe that wouldn't be so bad. I'm traveling for the holidays and will likely go over my 3GB limit, that means I'll be paying fucking $140!
>>
>>52095480
>$45 for 3gb data plan
>$20 for having the smart device on that plan
>$27-31 for the device payment
Roughly $96 before taxes. I am guessing you also have insurance for $9-11 a month so I would say you're spot on friend.

What you have to remember about that extra $27-31 a month is you would be paying that anyways with a contract. With a contract your phone would be a flat $40 a month so there is a $7-11 dollar difference that makes it appear higher. However you have to remember you didn't pay for 40% of the phone outright the day you got it.

So the bill feels high but that is because you are used to paying massively upfront and having a slightly lower monthly bill.

Still you can give a call in and see if you can get at least something to sweeten the deal but far as I can figure it you're on the best we got.
>>
>>52094912
735 is budget shit my Verizon 928 and icon are still in full fast sexy working order...I did upgrade to the s6 edge
>>
>>52095548

Yeah man you nailed it. It's true I didn't drop $300 on the phone right then and there and I get that. I'll call and see if I can at least get a free GB or two.

Also, 27-31 x 18 is $486-558 versus the $300 I could have dropped up front. Aren't I getting a little screwed there? I mean I signed up for it, but I'm curious why you're saying it's the same, cause I'm under the impression they're getting more. Does that monthly "discount" offset that? Seems like bullshit!
>>
>>52094588
Being a shill is not the same as being an employee.

Shill implies some sort of advocacy. I'm a Telstra Employee, but I am not an advocate of Telstra.
>>
>>52095480
> paying $120 a month for 2 phones (paid outright) and 6gb to share between them

How did you fuck up so badly
Oh wait do you ever reapond "yes" to those "hurr de durr youre a valued customer want moar data for free?" SMS messages? I think thats helped me some

Customer for 3 going on 4 years now
>>
>>52095628

I know anon. That's just what they had. I read through everything and kinda bit the bullet cause I wanted Verizon, that phone, and on that day. There would have been a gap in my service otherwise and I was starting a new job and couldn't do that. After the fact I start seeing boatloads of promotions (for Verizon and others!) with way better deals. That's why I'd like to say to them "yo, hook it up or I'm having Sprint pay my ETF and buy my phone". Apparently doing that will get me some leeway.

Thanks OP. Any other tips for this would be awesome
>>
What does this shit mean? I just switched from Sprint to Verizon and it is giving me warning.

I am on some Verizon business plan so I am not sure what my plan is but I am sure it is above 2GB.

Also, if I go above data plan, does Verizon have data cap?
>>
>>52095583
Ok let me put this in a more visual format

Contract
>$45 for Unlimited Talk/Text 3gb of Data
>$40 line access fee to have device on plan
>$0 device payment
>$300 down to pay for phone
>$45+$40+$0=$85
>$85x24months=2040
>$2040+$300=$2340
So $2340 over the course of 24 months plus buying the phone

Device Payment
>$45 for Unlimited Talk/Text 3gb of Data
>$20 line access fee to have device on plan
>$27 device payment
>$0 down to pay for phone
>$45+$20+27=$92
>$96x24months=$2208
So 2208 over the course of 24 months without that upfront cost

Device payment doesn't always save a ton but it is in fact cheaper and allows you to get phones without a huge upfront charge. That is the entire reason they went with device payment. They can get rid of the contract and the dreaded 24 month shackle ETF while still getting roughly the same value back over the course of a standard contract length.

Only issue is sometimes people forget that saving at the beginning and feel like they are just getting raped monthly. It is all the same just with a new packaging.
>>
>>52095685
Business plans are a separate division all together but if you go over data it will simply charge you $15 per gig. You are typically allowed to up or down your data to avoid overages though.
>>
>>52095664
Also the reason for that big $300 for new service! things exist is to attract customers from other carriers and to encourage new lines on existing customers. If you brought a $10 Lucky walmart prepaid into my store and added your son or sister or whatever. I could give you that $300 deal. For just standard upgrades the deals are never so juicy. New lines are the biggest drive of sales and the company. We make next to nothing on the phones themselves. It is new lines and data that drive profits. So don't beat yourself up over it senpai. You didn't miss the gravy train, your destination just isn't on that track.
>>
>>52095695

Thank you OP, that makes sense now. And I do have insurance on it (again, can't work without it).

Even with all that said, and me getting a fair deal, think I could squeeze another GB or two, or get a slight discount? I'd hate to sit on the phone and have someone explain this shit to me over and over again and not get anything.
>>
>>52095721
Thanks
>>
>>52095785
Call in to customer care. Say you want to leave verizon. Tell them you feel you are just not getting a very good deal after being with us 4 years. Mention the data prices. They will likely let you keep the $45/3GB and tack on some extra.

Don't be a raging cunt though or super aggressive. I used to work in customer retention and I can tell you that the best deals come when you are not a dick but still express interest in other carriers. So you can keep your current price but get those extra gigs you need without having to up. If you double down and want to go to 1 gig pricing and demand an extra 2 gigs you're going to run into more resistance.
>>
>>52095817
*T-t-thanks
>>
File: Screenshot_20151227-235706.png (148 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151227-235706.png
148 KB, 1440x2560
>>52095721
I just realized I forgot pic not that is makes a difference anymore
>>
>>52095837
Wut
>>
You guys used to be cool when you offered unlimited lte.
>>
>>52095821

Got ya. Yeah, I'm always very curteous as I've done shit like that before too. People who act like raging lunatics don't get anywhere. "WHY MY BILL SO HIGH THIS BULLSHIT SPRINT CHEAPER RIGHT?" I'm thinking of just saying that I'm looking into other carriers and want to at least see if you guys can offer me something to keep me otherwise I'll go back to the Sprint store tomorrow and do the damn thing. If not, I'll call you guys back tomorrow to cancel. If yes, I'll gladly stay. Simple and easy.
>>
>>52095839
Keep in mind the onboard data tracker isn't always synced with your actual Verizon billing cycle. The two do not automatically configure to be on the same dates. Download the My Verison app for an accurate look at your usage and remaining data.

>>52095878
Perfect. Unless you got just a bitter old gash on the line they will hook you up. Good luck friend. Also be aware this might only work once. It is standard procedure to notate the account on what the customer says. So if you cry wolf too many times they may stop trying to keep you. Still you're usually good for 1-4 tries within a week if you call a day apart or so. If no one previous gives up the goods.
>>
>>52095878
Or you could stop dicking around and switch to t mobile or sprint for unlimited lte.
>>
>>52095914
Thank you OP. I will do that.

>>52095915
I don't really want to but might if I save $50 a month. Verizon has great solid fast service where I'm at, where I'm from, and where I travel to. My friends and coworkers with any other carrier have gaps of coverage.
>>
T-Mobile shill here.
Brother-in-law was a T-Mobile shill and is now a Verizon shill.

Says you guys are pretty scummy but the money is better, so you have that going for you.
>>
>>52095965
Hello fellow shill.

Don't know if your BiL is a corporate or retailer but given my short time here I can tell you they care about reputation. NPS is repeated a dozen times a day and if you get more then 2 people a week giving you less then 6/10 you get a paddlin'
>>
File: Capture23.png (3 KB, 172x102) Image search: [Google]
Capture23.png
3 KB, 172x102
How often do you run across accounts like mine, op?

What's the highest data usage you've seen?

What do you think of the "1TB club"?
>>
>>52096138
Highest I've seen.

>1TB club
I think anyone who is a member of this club should order anything they want online since they are obviously in the know about what they are doing and are not going to buy a damn thing from the store anyways. May as well save us both some time.
>>
>>52094727
>Unlimited plans are unsustainable

This is what americucks believe
>>
>>52096240
>waaah waaaah the one LTE tower I installed to cover 10,000 customers paying $70 a month isn't enough
>here Mr. congressman accept this $10,000,000 check in exchange of your promise to appoint our old CEO as head of the FTC
>2 months later unlimited data plans are made illegal
god bless america
>>
>>52095914
Aaah that helps a lot

I knew there was no way I had only 2GB
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.