[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two things I want to ask: I picked up a wireless card + pcie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Two things I want to ask:
I picked up a wireless card + pcie x1 adapater for it but it does nothing and makes my video card error out (flicking fans) when it's set on the board
Is it fucked /g/? Can my board not take it? I have an ASUS H87-M+

Also trying to find decent software to monitor network usage/implement data caps
>>
>>52058836
you have any other devices to use the adapter with? I'd bet the adapter is shit or became shit over time.
>>
Mini PCIE slots also have USB ports. If your card is internally an USB one, the adapter won't work with it.
>>
File: WP_20151225_20_42_59_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151225_20_42_59_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>52058864
Nah. My old motherboard got rekt so I can't test anything.

Haven't yet tried switching the screws on the adapter. There were two long screws that came with it for mounting the full-to-half bracket, then two short screws that came with the card. The long screws didn't sit completely in the adapter, and then made the bracket rise a bit above the adapter when screwed to the card. I would've thought the plate would need to contact the screw holes for it to ground right, but all it does is make it sit awkward.
>>
>>52059083
yeah I'd try the shorter screws.
also check the condition of the slots both in the adapter and the MoBo, make sure everything is clean and visable.
>>
>>52059125
aight, im gonna shut it down to work on
>>
File: WP_20151225_21_07_43_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151225_21_07_43_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
shit
>>
>>52059280
oh, that happened to my old GPU all the time. it should screw back in
>>
File: WP_20151225_21_15_40_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151225_21_15_40_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>52059295
shit
Also pretty sure I had the mounting bracket upside down, wew
>>
>>52059389
looks like a ground, so it should go back together and function as long as one of those screw post things are still attached. the other one will dangle but it should be fine.
>>
>>52059461
Ok yeah, that's the ground I was talking about before. However now I can't reverse the direction of the mount, which would've probably helped seat the card better
So, I'm stuck with a manual 1/16 drill bit until I can find some really tiny pliers or something
>>
>>52059461
Yeh, it's fucked senpai

I'll just go buy a USB Bluetooth dongle then
>>
>>52059522
The wireless card should still be good though. If I pick up a cheap adapter it'll be fine
>>
>>52058836
Just get a normal desktop wireless card you mongoloid.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.