[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arch user are like vegans and atheists. They can't keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: CWe97p2XIAATMPw.jpg (33 KB, 499x452) Image search: [Google]
CWe97p2XIAATMPw.jpg
33 KB, 499x452
Arch user are like vegans and atheists. They can't keep it to themselves or they will explode.
>>
That applies to most freetards
>>
>>52026741

No, only Arch. I know plenty of Slackware, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Suse users who just use it for real work and stfu. Arch babbies think they've accomplished something by using it.
>>
Wats wrong with talking about something that you like?
>>
>>52026791
You end up sounding like a literal sperg
>>
>>52026722
i use arch
i never tell anyone
i keep it off desktop threads cause well i have my rice i like it i dont need their input
>>
>>52026722
What's wrong with him?
>>
sounds like hipsters in general.
same shit with fountain pens and whatnot
>>
>>52026834
>i use arch
>i never tell anyone
>>
>>52026834
i see... you were almost exploding. now you've regained some youth!
>>
>>52026819

what's wrong with people like you thinking it's "sperg"?
>>
>>52026869
well someone asked so i said something but normally i dont even have a logo up arch is just linux
>>
File: 1436296125773.jpg (20 KB, 354x459) Image search: [Google]
1436296125773.jpg
20 KB, 354x459
>>52026834
>i use arch
>i never tell anyone
>>
I use Arch, and tell everyone.

I’m a hardened NYC cynic, and often tend to be quite direct, I have found that my acerbic wit, elitist tone, or often-perceived combative or dismissive verbiage can easily undermine any advocacy efforts I put forward for Arch use and a free software lifestyle. I have found the most success speaking unemotionally, with fact-based information, in a non-partisan fashion, and reaching out to people at moments when they are most open to a “learning moment”.

Some of what we in the Arch community do could easily be interpreted as combative, or at the least, dismissive, especially when “shouted”: “get over yourself”, “grow up”, and “end of story” are terms that tend to close off people and make them less receptive to anything else being said, regardless of the other contents value.

You have to realize we are passionate about Archand all it represents, and that is a good thing, as we certainly need passionate advocates, but passion CAN be still be well expressed in other ways that don’t work against the message she is trying to deliver; That Arch users are thoughtful, rational, sensitive, caring, and fact-based people trying to make a better place for themselves, and the planet at large, and that many of the myths people hold regarding Arch are just that: myths, and that through thoughtful, measured introspection, others can be shown how moving to Arch can benefit them, and the planet, without any perceived sacrifice in performance or enjoyment.

Hope that helps
>>
SKYRIM FOR LINUX WHEN? FUCKING WHEN BETHESDA YOU GREEDY STUPID WORTHLESS FUCKS I HOPE SOMEONE SHOOTS UP YOUR HEAD QUARTERS FOR THIS BULLSHIT
>>
>>52027001
fuck you i use arch cause its easier to setup how i like it than ubuntu/debian

only fucking reason
>>
It's like their religion
>>
>>52026764
>>52026741
Arch users and freetards are not equivalent.
>>
>>52026722

Tell me one distro that packages and updates the nVidia driver like Arch linux does.
>>
>>52027978

>Arch shills for Nvidia proprietary garbage
>this is a feature
>>
>>52027978
How does Arch package the freedom-hating nVidia driver?
>>
>>52026834
>i use arch
>i never tell anyone

SERIOUSLY!!!
>>
>>52027995

Well, the alternative is subjugating myself to Windows, or nouveau. Also I really like the ForceFullCompositionPipeline option, which gets rid of screen tearing on openbox without a compositor.

>>52028039

Relatively minor conveniences like you don't have to add extra repositories such as rpmfusion on fedora, and the driver is kept up to date within a few days, which was useful when I bought my graphics card when it was new. The module is also compiled and kept up to date for whatever version of Linux is in the repos which is nice because every other distro just makes you use DKMS.
>>
>>52028155
>Relatively minor conveniences like you don't have to add extra repositories such as rpmfusion on fedora, and the driver is kept up to date within a few days, which was useful when I bought my graphics card when it was new. The module is also compiled and kept up to date for whatever version of Linux is in the repos which is nice because every other distro just makes you use DKMS.
Debian unstable is just like that, except for DKMS but that just works
>>
>>52027978
OS X
>>
File: 1450765247117.png (393 KB, 428x510) Image search: [Google]
1450765247117.png
393 KB, 428x510
>>52028155
>Well, the alternative is subjugating myself to Windows

Using Linux should be about caring for absolute freedom in software and not just about hating on everything Microsoft and then using the next worse thing.
>>
>>52028171

Yeah, I've used DKMS in other distros, it works completely fine.

Also, I'm browsing the Debian sid packages and they don't seem to have 358.16

>>52028214

I would use BSD if I cared about absolute freedom
>>
>>52028214
Not really, one can choose it to avoid the botnet meme, but they're just retards.
>>
>>52028238

appendix.
Here's my source,
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/nvidia-driver
>>
You seem to have mistaken a small portion of arch users, atheists and vegans for arch users, atheists and vegans as a whole.
>>
>>52028238
>>52028269
https://packages.debian.org/experimental/libgl1-nvidia-glx
>>
>>52027001
This. Arch is simply a superior distribution. We're doing you a favour, anon.
>>
>>52028348
Too bad Arch is extremely bloated compared to superior distributions.
>>52028098
>>
>>52028320
>https://packages.debian.org/experimental/libgl1-nvidia-glx

It's dick waving at this point, but Arch's non-testing repo is still newer.

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/nvidia/

compare with with the Debian experimental package and nVidia's stable release

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/95159/en-us
>>
>>52028362
Thankfully I don't use non-free software anyway
>>
Arch is a meme distro that has 0 advantages over other distros as far as freedom, security or performance is concerned.
>>
I'm not religious, never have been, family isn't either. I don't talk about my religion or lack thereof.
>>
>>52028360
Nice meme.

>>52028386
Arch is minimalism done right with excellent user documentation. It is not the most secure, nor free, nor offers best performance, but it can be configured to perform well in any of those categories because of the total control you have over your system.
>>
>>52028451
>Arch is minimalism done right
You mean bloat done right.
>>
>>52026834
archuser time: 50% debugging OS, 25% ricing, 25% productive time
>>
>>52028451
>Arch is minimalism

NOOOOOOOPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>52026722
why is he salty
>>
>>52026791
>>52026884
No one really wants to hear it and you end up pissing of people. You're on the same level as Jehovas.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.