[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a company that offers services similar to digitalocean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (42 KB, 1123x468) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42 KB, 1123x468
Is there a company that offers services similar to digitalocean but isn't run by jews?
>>
>>52019365
If you think they are jewing, look at AWS/Azure.
>>
>>52019365
try kimsufi
>>
>>52019365
How is that jewing? That's a very reasonable price for the service they provide.
>>
>4GB RAM
>40GB SSD
>4x E5 Cores
>4TB BW
>1x IPv4
>OpenVZ/SolusVM
>$6.99/m

I think im gonna get this
>>
>>52019486
>OpenVZ
gag me
>>
>>52019504
as long as your provider isn't jewish it's fine
>>
>>52019512
>as long as you like using a decade old kernel it's fine
>>
>>52019512
It's not fine if you want to use a version of linux newer than 2.6.32
>>
>>52019534
>>52019563
>the kernel matters for running shitty django webapps

ayy lmao senpai
>>
>>52019585
>running shitty django webapps
Is this reddit again?
>>
just so you know, they dont actually charge you that amount a month, thats only based on average use
>>
>>52019660
>not realizing the real money is in shitty <FRAMEWORK> webapps

top pleb
>>
>>52019697
Production stuff should not run on unreliable shitty OpenVZ hosts. The only thing that would be running are the customers in a direction that is called "away".
>>
>>52019736
What would you recommend instead?

I'd rather not put down the cash for a dedicated server, so Xen or KVM?
>>
>>52019795
Depends on the application. My stuff runs in dedicated containers which are synced together on Digital Ocean. The floating IP thing is nice for a simple HA setup. I don't like having a single point of failure.

For a demo system, OpenVZ may be enough. But if you dont have a 100$ a month for halfway good infrastructure (that includes Off-Site Backup) then the app isnt probably worth it anyway.
>>
>>52019795
A KVM is fine
>>
>>52019878
That is sort of what I was originally planning to do, rent a dedicated server and provision containers in it myself for individual applications. It would’ve been too much time spent fucking around with server configs rather than building apps so I went with shitty VPSes.
>>
Evoburst
>>
>>52019365
You can get a vps with 4 times the ram, 10 times the bandwidth (but half the ssd space) for half the price from ovh, digital ocean is only good for their hourly plans
>>
>>52019486
>OpenVZ
>>
>>52019365
ive got a lifetime sub to the 2gb ram one for $100 2 years ago on sale.
>>
It's pretty decent. If you want to talk about "jewing", then...

https://mediatemple.net/webhosting/vps/developer/
>>
i don't get it, what's wrong with DO again?

still got my github bucks, and they only charge you for time used, so a server i setup for streaming and shut down a few hours later, cost me only 17 cents.
>>
>>52021188
9/11
>>
They offer like a free $100 to students
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.