[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/ 2015/12/cock-li-e-mail-s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: vc-copy-640x361.jpg (29 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
vc-copy-640x361.jpg
29 KB, 640x361
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/cock-li-e-mail-server-seized-by-german-authorities-admin-announces/

COCK.LI FAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
good thing german authorities have no idea how computers work.
they'll put it in a room with the others and never touch it again.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1242x2208
>using a kuck.li email address
>being a retarded 4chan memer
>>
>>51987219
>It’s raining dicks right now.
>>
I only use to for non-important shit.

Anyone using it for important shit gets it.
>>
>8*chan
No one cares
They had it coming
>>
>>51987219
But I want to help vincyboy out somehow. He's done som much for us, and is so cute and nervous there he sits alone in his Romanian bedroom. He hardly even knows anyone in Romania! Let's at least send him a present or smthng. Or have some sticky to commerorate him.
>>
>>51987557
at least he's got some legal guidance.
>>
>>51987557
>wanting to help a memefag redditchanner cancer
Disgusting
>>
>>51987652
He's done more than you ever will in you entire life.
>>
>>51987634
Yeah, she's cool. Way to go in getting her aboard.
>>
>>51987668
He enabled cyberterrorists, actual terrorists, pedophiles, and Channology 2.0
Think about that, he's been helping people who are responsible for us losing freedom on the internet.
>>
>>51987711
Wait, what? I'll bite. Do you not see the obvious irony in what you're saying?
>>
>>51987219
>novelty
fuck you
>>
>>51987711
>He enabled cyberterrorists, actual terrorists, pedophiles, and Channology 2.0

Uhh what, hes made it very clear that he complies with any law enforcement and subpoenas. Anybody using his servers for those activities is a dumb shit and will go to jail very quickly.
>>
The only thing I used mine for was signing up for websites and shit with
My inbox is 100% spam
>>
>>51987652
cock.li started here u fgt
>>
>>51987727
Do you think PRISM, the PATRIOT Act, and CISA would have existed if people didn't abuse the internet to further their own violent and malignant goals? We wouldn't be living under heightened surveillance if these sort of people weren't committing acts of terror and mischief on the internet.
>>51987735
And he should accept full responsibility for acting as a medium for making those communications possible. He should be made an example of to prevent other people from creating abusable services.
>>
File: angela_merkel_careta_6_junho0.jpg (912 KB, 4179x2616) Image search: [Google]
angela_merkel_careta_6_junho0.jpg
912 KB, 4179x2616
>>51987219
Angela's gonna read my 20 throwaways,
>>
I hope they like my 15 mail accounts for all those suspended twitter accs
>>
>>51987768
pretty good impression of a gov't lackey.

it's a good reminder that people like that exist.
>>
>>51987711
by your definition so did gmail.
>>
>>51987768
FBI get of my /g/.

You''re basically saying he shouldn't have made a service giving us freedom, because that also gives terrorist freedom to terrorise so we don't get our freedom. #trump2016
>>
>>51987801
Google can be held responsible if they actively allowed people to use their services for malicious acts. But they at least take down accounts that are known to break laws.
cock.li has not and now must pay the price
>>
>>51987768
Found the fed
>>
>>51987828
There is no such thing as freedom, only absolute anarchy. And anarchy has no place in our society.
>>
>>51987219
If you use PGP there's literally no reason to worry about the content of your mail being seized.
>>
free my nigga vince
>>
>>51987845
If you read my post again really carefully, you'll notice that it actually made fun of the term freedom.
>>
>>51987768
>And he should accept full responsibility for acting as a medium for making those communications possible

Why don't we start fucking telecomunication companies too while we are at it. I mean, the last few attacks were possible because a few fuckers got organized using text messages right?

there's a lot of bad shit in the world, assholes bombing random people and then there are ignorant asshats like you just talking bullshit, wasting space, air and food, just because.
>>
>>51987894
And I don't believe in the same freedom that you do. The freedom I stand by is the freedom to enjoy your rights as a law-abiding contributor to society, not the freedom to do as you please without consequence.
>>
>>51987834
>Google can be held responsible if they actively allowed people to use their services for malicious acts.

as far as I know people can and do send fake bomb threats using gmail.

>But they at least take down accounts that are known to break laws.
> cock.li has not and now must pay the price

I don't know if he did and neither do you..
>>
>>51987934
That's up to the courts to decide. The fact that they have not shut down the service entirely during on-going investigati
>>
How the fuck is this allowed

Do they tap every single phone when someone calls a bomb threat?
>>
>>51987926
see
>>51987894
>>
>>51987711
nice victim blaming shitlord.
>>
oh no the german police can read all the spam from that bestiality site
>>
>>51987219
he did not use any form of disk encryption for mailboxes...!?
>>
File: 2015_11_17_06.39.19.png (502 KB, 720x535) Image search: [Google]
2015_11_17_06.39.19.png
502 KB, 720x535
>>51987557
I get that he lives in romania right now, but does anybody know where? I mean at least a city or something? I live in Romania too and I'd like to meet the guy, as long as he's not too paranoid about me being an undercover cop or something like that.
>>
>>51987961
Yes, we do
>>
>>51988135
From Vincyboy:

Hi,

Pardon me while I abuse the newsletter mailing list for something
personal briefly.

In a bit over 3 months I am moving to Bucharest, Romania. I am hoping to
meet at least one person from Bucharest, to help answer the questions I
still have about Romanian customs, help me decide on which area to move
to, and maybe be IRL friends with :3

For an overview of why I'm moving, I've written up most of the reasons here:
http://vc.gg/blog/im-moving-to-romania/

If you or someone you know lives in the city, I would very much
appreciate making your/their acquaintance! Please respond to this E-mail
or add me on Jabber: [email protected]

La revedere,
Vince
>>
>>51988103
no because it's kind of impossible to implement with the standard email servers that are available, I think he said that somewhere also in the FAQ
>>
>>51988172
read it again, I'm not talking about encrypting individual mailboxes by a mail daemon like sendmail but the drive/mount point that they are located at. it's possible for any application, since it's done on a system level.
>>
>>51988208
oh I see, no idea then
>>
>>51987219
I literally have joke accounts in it, except maybe one where I use as an openshift acct
no biggie

I also encrypted (with pgp) mails that needed to

Im safe :)
>>
>>51987768
>And he should accept full responsibility for acting as a medium for making those communications possible

Soo the US POst should all be criminialized because Anthrax got through during 9/11 and people died?

You must be a retard
>>
File: 1322771372841.jpg (13 KB, 236x222) Image search: [Google]
1322771372841.jpg
13 KB, 236x222
>thinking they'll read through all your junk mail

Having a database dump in the hands of the feds is still safer than having that shit on gmail.
>>
>>51988171
Well shit. I'm in Iasi, and Bucharest is ~5,6 hours away. Anyway the link 404's for some reason. I would advise against Bucharest though. It's cluttered, confusing and the people generally suck. Quiet and relaxed is what attracts people to Romania. Bucharest is anything but.
Although if he's looking for work, Bucharest might be a good choice.
>>
>>51987926
Fed shill pls go

Tfw america was doomed the moment we dropped the articles of confederation for the conshittution
>>
Didn't have anything sensitive in my account.
>>
you faggots realize he read your emails right?
>>
>>51989268
No fucking shit. Nobody uses cock.li for anything serious do they?
>>
>>51987845
Bootlicker/statist detected
>>
>>51987668
>reads people emails
>has abused people's email services on multiple occasions
>a good guy

haha
>>
>>51989268
>you faggots realize he read your emails right?

Oh well in that case it's fine if a random government agency siezes the disks then.
>>
>>51989482
>>51989333
i remember i had a 4chan pass linked to my email and it was continousely being changed through my cockli. the cockli was very new at the time tho so it was definitely something their side. never used it since..
>>
File: DEPRECATED.png (173 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DEPRECATED.png
173 KB, 500x500
>>51987219
Hopefully the FBI will catch all of you degenerated pedos in the next few weeks.
>>
>>51987743
>not doing [email protected]
you can block .signupwebsite if you get spam
>>
Well, I don't use any of the cock.li email addresses, but if you faggots didn't see this coming, I feel sorry for you. Anyone who wants to continue operating with a website generally complies to "give us all of your data" requests. Unless you're encrypting your everything, you cannot expect your data to be safe on someone else's server.
>>
>>51989333
define serious, I never used it for anything other than verifying account creation for whatever site.
>>
>>51989506
explain
>>
>>51987219
>2015
>Trusting centralized anything
>>
>>51989390
[citation needed]
>>
>>51987219
what kind of autist names their service cock?
>>
>>51987768
Cock.li isn't encrypted or secured against law enforcement.
It's not le secret anonymous email, it's just email with a stupid hostname.
People using it for illegal activies might as well be using hotmail
>>
My mailbox is literally just his emails and some chink spam.
>>
>Cock.li was reportedly used last week to send a bogus bomb threat e-mail from "madbomber at cock.li" to several school districts nationwide, which led to the closure of all schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District. The New York City Department of Education however, dismissed the e-mail as an obvious hoax.
>>
>>51993463
'Murica at it's finest
>>
>>51993279
if you read statements from the founder it's clear that he's about as mature as a late term abortion. he calls it a "meme email service", which doesn't make any grammatical sense, and in response to questions from ars technica he said something like "tonight's forecast is raining dicks" or something.

you'd think a guy being pressured by law enforcement, and given a rare moment of attention from serious tech news sites, would make an effort to present himself seriously. if i were him, i'd be endearing myself and my cause to news organizations as actively as possible.

and i don't really want to hear any autistic faggots saying shit like "his cause is good so news agencies should just side with him regardless", because we all know that if you act like a faggot people aren't going to make any effort to look for reasons to side with you. i'm not saying he needs to go on a press circuit - just that he should not catastrophically sabotage himself.
>>
>>51993558
That video wasn't a response to ars technica. it was just a video he sent out by email and twitter and irc and presumably whatever other outlets he has to reach his users.
>>
>>51993558
His cause isn't good news.
He's literally running a meme email service.

That's what he is actually doing.
>>
>>51993733
I'm not sure what video you're talking about. I'm referring to
- well i can't link the ars technica posts, but there are two that have gone up lately related to cock.li -
which together give a not-very-inspiring impression of the guy.
>>
>>51993756
The video is linked in the article. The article even says
>concluded his video with this proclamation
and then the raining dicks comment
>>
>>51993819
>and in response to questions from ars technica he said something like "tonight's forecast is raining dicks" or something. >>51993558
that is false. the video is not a response to ars technica.
>>
What a fucking asshat https://cock.li/transparency/2015-12-15-subpoena/01-2015-12-15-150137-646805XXXX.ogg
>>
The guy runs an email service called cock.li and you can make an email address called cocksinmyan.us and you're complaining that he's immature?

Jesus christ
>>
>>51987557
>Let's at least send him a present or smthng
Like what, pizza? Socks?

>>51993558
>"meme email service"
Why not call it mememail then?
>>
>>51993877
Especially on 4chan of all places.
>>
Glad I'm a normal healthy minded individual who only browses worksafe boards and does not have a mountain of loli.

Also, lol to the infinity chan traitors / pedo / fedoralords they get what they deserve.
>>
>>51993558
>that one faggot who takes memes too seriously
>>
>>51987219
top kek

>US authorities took seriously bomb warnings from [email protected]

i remember that I used an account last year for something stupid.

Now German authorities know that I browse /r9k/.
Oh well.
>>
>>51987557
>I want to help vincyboy out somehow
I think he posted his personal bitcoin address on twitter at some point
>>
day after daymy <firstname>@airmail.cc becomes less and less desirable as a permanent email account
>>
File: retard.jpg (18 KB, 1001x40) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
18 KB, 1001x40
Why does this fag get such a hardon for cock
>>
>"It’s raining dicks right now. And the forecast isn’t that good either. There’s a 90 percent chance of dicks tonight and a 90 percent chance of dicks tomorrow."
>>
>>51988822
>Although if he's looking for work, Bucharest might be a good choice.

> Work
> Romania

Yeah sure, if he wants to be poor for the rest of his life. There is a reason why Europe is flooded with Romanian workers and vans.
Romania is a shithole, no offense.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.