[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Phone doomed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans again by delaying Windows 10 Mobile. All three of them are really pissed!

http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/20/microsoft-fails-windows-phone-fans-again-by-delaying-windows-10-mobile/
>>
>tfw Samsung and Apple dominates Southamerican market
>tfw in my country we can't get Windows Phone smartphones anymore ;_;
>>
>>51979098
Better than pushing out a buggy, phone-wrecking update that halves the battery duration and makes everything lag.
>>
>>51979227
>southamerican
Who cares about your third world country.
>we can't get Windows Phone smartphones anymore
You don't even have international delivery? How shitty can your country be?
>>
>>51979244
I meant on retail sellers, of course we can buy them by international delivery.
>>
>>51979240
aka Android 5.0

>memory leaks everywhere
>battery life ruined
>>
>>51979244
>Who cares about your third world country.
It's funny because Windows Phone fans are moslty from POO IN THE LOO land
>>
>>51979268
Then why the fuck do you care?
>>
>>51979291
Sure, and most Nokia dumbphones are still distributed in Africa, doesn't make them any worse.

The windows phones aren't even commercialized in the country I currently live in, doesn't prevent me from enjoying it.
>>
>>51979287
I didn't say it :^)
>>
>>51979294
They killed Nokia for nothing and now Microsoft phones are dying
>>
I feel 0% remorse for ditching that dying platform

Microsoft keeps fucking it up over and over
>>
>>51979328
Honestly I wouldn't be against a third party for the smartphone market.

Between Apple which is for faggots and Android that can be laggy as hell, I can feel a little desperate. I mainly use a WP nowadays, and I appreciate the speed. It just works.
>>
File: Steve_Jobs_Headshot_2010-CROP.jpg (2 MB, 3259x3194) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Jobs_Headshot_2010-CROP.jpg
2 MB, 3259x3194
>>51979364
>It just works.
>>
>>51979098
shit sucks. but early 2016 is not that bad, at least all WP8.1 devices will get an update to 10.
Still sticking with my Android for now. MS compromised a lot of things, that made WP unique, in favour of Android and iOS solutions. We'll see if it pans out.
>>
>>51979377
Yeah, but for real.
And without having to pay a kidney to have a locked apple phone.

Just buy a 100$ Nokia WP, and you're good to go for everything. (Except games, but who the fuck cares about games on phones)
>>
>>51979380
>at least all WP8.1 devices will get an update to 10
nope
:^)
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/01/every-windows-phone-8-phone-will-get-windows-10-except-the-ones-that-wont/

Read somewhere that among others 4GB models 100% won't get it

And 512MB RAM models will get a trimmed down version
>>
>>51979328
They didn't kill Nokia, Nokia killed Nokia, they fucked around with Symbian and MeeGo, while HTC and Samsung flooded the market with cheap shitty android phones. When they finally killed Symbian they had no chance in Android market, everything was dominated by Samsung and no one could keep up with the arms race. MORE CORES! MORE RAM! BIGGER SCREENS! still lags.
>>
File: 3146.middle.PNG_2D00_550x0[1].png (6 KB, 316x528) Image search: [Google]
3146.middle.PNG_2D00_550x0[1].png
6 KB, 316x528
>>51979364
>I appreciate the speed
>>
>>51979410
This, the OS is smooth, but it isn't fast

Fucking shit animations that take way to fucking long

Source: Former 830 owner
>>
>>51979404
like I said all WP8.1 devices will get 10. If you're a Verizon customer, you brought it on yourself. And even then they can push out update. MS is updating everything and trimmed down version, that works similarly to your old OS, with support is better than deprecated OS.
>>
>>51979438
>I said all WP8.1 devices will get 10
except the 4GB models

those won't get it at all
>>
>>51979410
>loading
can't give enough fucks. what drives me crazy is
>Resuming
>>
>>51979402
>100$
My 60€ Lumia 520 is enough for all my needs.
It's like magic, better than my previous 220€ android by a mile.
>>
>>51979380
>MS compromised a lot of things, that made WP unique, in favour of Android and iOS solutions
Care to expand?
Do you mean going from 8 to 10?
In which case, what things?
>>
>>51979291
Even us Poo in loo people don't give a fuck about Windows phone now. iPhone for life. Got tired of installing Nightlies and Kernels like a dumb fuck.
>>
>>51979098
>murifag
in the rest of the world market share is actually quite significant.
>>
>>51979450
Right?
Maybe if you want to spend your life on your phone you'd want a 800$ android with a 50cm screen, okay, but if you want to just use it, watch videos, read the internet, shitpost 4chan, talk with people, meh. Take a WP.

Also, WP is great for technical retards. Buy an android for your grand mother and she will never get it.
Buy her a Windows Phone, there won't be an issue.

Also, if you have a Nokia WP, you can drop it, it won't shatter.
>>
>>51979463
mostly UI. like gestures, they removes some of them, I don't have a full list. They switched design from gestures and that tapestry thing to simple screen with a hamburger icon where you get all your options. They switched from their philosophy to give user as much screen space they can to more conventional philosophy of having UI element on screen to not scare iOS and Android users away.
Right now it's closer to a Android with WP launcher\themed ROM than to WP8.
>>
>>51979500
>Also, if you have a Nokia WP, you can drop it, it won't shatter.
this.

basically android phones are spec driven: moar coares, 3-4GB of mem now (just stop and think about that), 20+MP and they're still worse cameras than a Nokia Pureview.

It's the ultimate consumer product.

I'm glad not all phones makers turned into chinaphone resellers.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (63 KB, 693x618) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
63 KB, 693x618
>>51979098
>>
>>51979500
>Maybe if you want to spend your life on your phone you'd want a 800$ android with a 50cm screen, okay, but if you want to just use it, watch videos, read the internet, shitpost 4chan, talk with people
I mean, what else is a smartphone for?

Check mail.
Check rss feed.
Make calls.
Send messages.
Lurk 4chan while waiting the bus/the doctor/whatever.
Take the occasional picture/video.

I don't get for what reason people drops 300$ or more on a device that does this couple of things. I really can't imagine for what other uses they need a more performant, bigger screen device.
Not even baiting. I'm legitimately curious.

>>51979516
Thanks.
If it's like that, I think I'm going to stick with WP8.1
>>
>>51979536
>curryniggers all use android

that's why your data is so inflated towards lagdroid
>>
>>51979594
if you're using Android you're either buying top of the line device or suck a dick with laggy shit and dropped support after 3 month.

I have a flagship device I don't really need, but good screens and decent, not even great, specs are more of a flagship thing, almost always first thing they axe is screen and I don't like that.
>>
>>51979490
>Got tired of installing Nightlies and Kernels like a dumb fuck
On Windows Phone? Are you eating you're own shit back?

>>51979500
>Also, if you have a Nokia WP, you can drop it, it won't shatter
I can confirm this. My 930 feels like a fucking brick sometimes.

>>51979516
>Right now it's closer to a Android with WP launcher\themed ROM than to WP8
I'm fucking pissed with MS for this. I mean, 10 on PC is okay, I guess, but it's a disaster on phones.

>>51979534
>basically android phones are spec driven: moar coares, 3-4GB of mem now (just stop and think about that), 20+MP and they're still worse cameras than a Nokia Pureview
They have to take into account the poor design of the system. Fuck has to run on a gazillion devices, ffs. No wonder it's not optimized anywhere.
>>
>>51979625
What is /g/'s obsession with poo people recently?
China has more people, what does Chinese use? Android?
>>
>>51979651
you're right, but it's also mostly poo in loos that review those phones on youtube hence you tend to associate android with curryniggers.
>>
>>51979651
Haven't you heard? /g/ is actually /pol/ tech.
>>
>>51979639
I like android, I really do, you can do ANYTHING on it, it's great if you want to experiment and stuff.

But the OS doesn't get old well at all.
You won't recognize your phone six month after usage. Gets laggy as fuck, you might need to change rom, worry about updates and shit.

If you just want a phone for doing normal stuff, WP is great.
>>
>>51979676
I do like the freedom Android gives the user, but it's so poorly implemented that I'd rather stick with WP.

>But the OS doesn't get old well at all.You won't recognize your phone six month after usage. Gets laggy as fuck, you might need to change rom, worry about updates and shit.
Why is that?
>>
>>51979098
>wanting windows 10 on your phone
>wanting windows period
>>
>>51979651
/g/ is not a tech board. It's simply people from /v/ and /pol/ who recite propaganda , some of which is far outdated, blindly sd arguments.
>>
>>51979410
w10 has massively cut down on these even in the insider preview. thanks for playing tho, but try again.
>>
>>51979745
true, but android suffers from the classic jack of all trades master of none syndrome...
>>
>>51979981
You mean windows 10 that got delayed?
>>
>>51979315
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51980684
I like the classics
>>
>>51979404
>>
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 396x385
>>51980702

>not using the smiley with a carat nose :^)
>>
>>51980564
W10 is out for new Lumas, MS pushed update to AT&T and unlocked phones at the same time. Maybe their reasoning of going with AT&T wasn't pure bullshit.
Old models will get their update next year, but people can roll into Insider program if they want it now.
>>
>>51980878
>using the reddit-toad
:^)        :^)        :^)
:^) :^) :^)
:^) :^) :^)
:^) :^)
>>
>>51979536
Funny. You can actually see when apple released a new device. And after a while people switch back to android ?
>>
>>51979594

>I don't get for what reason people drops 300$ or more on a device that does this couple of things. I really can't imagine for what other uses they need a more performant, bigger screen device.

Did that once. Bought a 500€ device. Never again.
>>
>>51980878
>>51981088
>>
>Windows Phone doomed?

It was never alive to begin with
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.