[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do they get that much storage onto such a small device?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 200gb-sandisk-micro-sd-thumb-1.jpg (105 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
200gb-sandisk-micro-sd-thumb-1.jpg
105 KB, 950x534
how do they get that much storage onto such a small device?
>>
They use the atoms
>>
>>51967221
mind=blown
>>
>>51967172
Very carefully.
>>
They don't. The card has an integrated 4G radio that connects to cloud storage that gives you the fixed size printed on the card whenever the card is powered on.
>>
File: toshiba-mmc-stack.jpg (66 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
toshiba-mmc-stack.jpg
66 KB, 600x330
>>51967172
They use a really simplistic form of NAND flash. Multiple dies of these NAND cells are stacked up and connected together with simple wire bonding. The dies are so incredibly thin that a dozen or more of them can get stacked up and their height will still be imperceptible.
>>
>>51967293
No shit. Nigga
>>
>>51967172
magnet
>>
File: microsd.png (42 KB, 740x228) Image search: [Google]
microsd.png
42 KB, 740x228
>>
>>51967304
+1 insightful
>>
>>51967304
So they could actually fit even more in one card.
>>
>>51967457
Yes, the only thing really holding capacity back is the economics of it. The more dies in the stack the more chances for something to go wrong, so they're more expensive.
>>
https://www.sandisk.com/about/media-center/press-releases/2015/200gb-sandisk-ultra-microsdxc-uhs-i-card-premium-edition

>SanDisk achieved this capacity breakthrough by leveraging the proprietary technology developed last year for the 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card, and creating a new design and production process that allows for more bits per die.

>“We continue to push technology boundaries to deliver record-breaking solutions that transform the way consumers use their mobile devices,” said Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk. “By focusing on achieving new capacity and speed milestones, we are able to deliver trusted mobile memory solutions that give consumers the freedom to never stop capturing, saving, or sharing – with the benefit of fast speeds to transfer it all quickly.”

>Ideal for Android™ smartphone and tablet users, this Premium Edition microSD card combines
>>
>>51967495
That's what they want you to believe. The real reason behind it is to keep making profit by gradually releasing cards with more memory.
>>
a $30 Lumia 640 and a $100 200GB MicroSD btfo an iPhone classic.
>>
>>51967579
I have a $30 iPod Classic in the mail that's getting a 128GB mSATA SSD. I could install a 256GB+ SSD and BTFO the Lumia.
>>
>>51967532
this
>>
>>51967579
The fuck is an "iphone classic"?
>>
>>51967503
>breakthrough
>leveraging
>proprietary technology
>record-breaking
>solutions
>consumers
>milestones
>deliver
>trusted
>mobile
>solutions
>consumers
>Premium
>>
>>51967803
The retard forgot to put a comma in between.
>btfo an iPhone, classic
>>
>>51967172
Just ordered one of these. I hope that my Moto G 2014 won't have any compatibilty problems. Really looking forward to having my whole music library with me on the move though.
>>
What's the physical limit of storage we can put on those?
>>
>>51968010
Try Google or another search engine.
>>
>>51967306
i fuckin hate black people

anyone who talks like this deserves the electric chair
>>
>>51968030
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>51968030
Once we get to atom level.
http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/smarter_computing/article/atomic_scale_memory.html

It becomes more of an issue, for now you could stack around 2-4tb on them, but error rates would be insanely high
>>
>>51967341
He lost it up his asshole.
>>
>>51967886
>trusted
>premium
16gigs SanDisk recently crapped the file index out on me. 1/3 0 byte files. Had to recover them in kali.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (48 KB, 848x431) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
48 KB, 848x431
>>51968466
Every time I watch a video about silicon valley companies there is always a Indian.
>>
>>51967289
You are just as bad as reddit.

>newfags laughing at le meme
>haven't even been around 2011 when it was top meme on 4chan before reddit and 9fag were even a thing
Shit, I probably have saved rage comics with OC 4chan material that predate your first visit.
>>
>>51969080
no
>>
>>51969136
Keep denying it buddy
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.