[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Razer Black Widow mechanical keyboard a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: rbw.jpg (302 KB, 1440x955) Image search: [Google]
rbw.jpg
302 KB, 1440x955
Is the Razer Black Widow mechanical keyboard a meme?
>>
>>51950537
mechanical keyboards aren't memes, but things Razer makes *are* memes, so yes, it's a meme
>>
if it has razer branding or LED's, it falls under the category of a meme.
>>
>>51950537
using a razer black widow rn. yes it's a meme but it's a sexy meme
>>
They're not terrible, but don't buy one. You can get plenty of better keyboards that are sub-$100 on amazon or the mkb website.
>>
>>51950537
Its a solid keyboard, would have gotten a better one but in the asshole of ass end of eastern europe that's what i could easily find.

I am typing this on it.
>>led meme.
Well fagots if you type in a dark room and misplace your fingers led makes it easy to reorient them.
>>
Logitech G710 (blue switches) is going for $60 at best buy, just go pick one up.
>>
>>51950537
Its just that usually you can get better stuff at a cheaper price. But if you can say.. get a price match at walmart and get one for 99 bucks or a 100 bucks then its fine.

Also, it matters how much you like the aesthetics.

Not a meme, just probably overpriced.
>>
File: @tobysad2.jpg (77 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
@tobysad2.jpg
77 KB, 500x313
no led on fn key, unplayable
>>
>>51950587
i dont understand why razer is a meme, can you explain to me?
>>
>>51954887
overpriced. You're needlessly paying for a lot of marketing - it's like buying tylenol instead of generic painkillers.
the aesthetic is a step beyond just rice
they make you register on their site before you can download drivers
not better-built or more capable than comparable products from other companies
>>
>>51950537
Anything Razer is a meme, you're buying overpriced "gaymur geer"
>>
>>51955646
And that 3rd party software.
>>
the razer uses it's own brand of key switches, not cherry. i don't mind the feel of them but when you're paying that much for a keyboard, you should be getting some sort of standardized product.
>>
>>51957364
Saging this reply so it doesn't bump, but Razer uses Kailh switches, which are cherry clones (which is not a bad thing). They're slightly different in that they have a higher actuation point I believe, but they're made by Kailh and very comparable to cherry. They're very good copies and more than likely indistinguishable from each other to most users in a blind test.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.