[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://mega.nz/#!8gBzVJpK!XE-vsq53 mDkRNDk0vTwvKKheyS-29hvF4NNmzYD2mus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: mega.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
mega.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
https://mega.nz/#!8gBzVJpK!XE-vsq53mDkRNDk0vTwvKKheyS-29hvF4NNmzYD2mus

So I'm trying to download this file. When I download it through FF, it freezes at about 1%, and Chrome freezes at 3%. The FF or Chrome apps do the same. I tried MegaSync, but it freezes at about 9%. This isn't the first file I've had this problem with -- pretty much anything over 400 MB will freeze before it finishes. I tried reclicking the download link, but that only unfreezes it for about 5 seconds before it freezes again.

Is it something with my computer, with mega, or both?
>>
>>51918439
>using mega
>>
>>51918454
Not OP, and serious question:
What's the good alternative?
>>
>>51918439
maybe you only have 400 mb free diskspace op
>>
>>51918439
I'm not gonna bother downloading the whole thing, but it's working fine in Chrome for me OP.

You probably did something stupid to your computer
>>
>>51918454
>>51918525

I wish I had a choice. The uploader refuses to put it on a torrent, and nobody can even download the file. If someone with a super fast Internet connection can download it before it freezes and uploads it to a torrent, I'd be more than happy to seed it.
>>
File: 1448729739576.png (38 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
1448729739576.png
38 KB, 300x229
>>51918583

>using chrome
>>
I frequently have similar problems with Mega. A download will get to some random percentage and then freeze. I had to stop using it entirely because it was happening too often.
>>
>>51918609
I take it you use the browser developed by a company full of SJWs with unremovable extensions that pay that company to be bundled?
>>
Protip: Crappy computers with crappy internet connections can't download from mega. Get a better computer.
>>
>>51918648
this
>>
>>51918487
Pls respond
>>
the reason is that mega uses your browser cache to download files. when your cache is full it stops downloading

you should donwload it from an external program, you can use megasync which is an official program that syncs your account with a folder in your computer so you import files to your account instead of downloading them and they get downloaded automatically

or you can use unofficial programs such as jdownloader
>>
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megalinkdownloader/

Alright, I found this third party mega downloader program. It supports pausing and restarting without risk of losing the file (which shouldn't even be a thing), and it hasn't frozen yet. I'll come back in an hour or two and post in this thread my update to see if it's still working.
>>
File: 1450356333673.jpg (17 KB, 769x278) Image search: [Google]
1450356333673.jpg
17 KB, 769x278
downloads fine in ff using extension.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.