[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How happy/unhappy are you with these drivers, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
How happy/unhappy are you with these drivers, /g/?
>>
I'm holding out, still using drivers from a few months ago on my 290x.
>>
It just werks for me.
>>
>>51913298
breddy gud, it removed framedrops in war thunder in my hd 7790 oc'd, it runs cooler too.

it went from 76°c to 73°c max.
>>
>>51913360
I noticed that while I get lower framerates with ass creed syndicate, max temps are about 70c, while 15.7 and 15.11.1 beta give me 75c.

Another thing is that profiles for me don't seem to work 100% of the time. I wish there was a way of globally forcing shader cache to be enabled, or being able to cap the framerate because that shit ain't working for me through any profiles.
>>
cool name
>>
>>51913298
In order for me to be happy/unhappy about something, it would first have to exist.
>>
>>51913550
Epic, simply, epic!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruCr6OXbK5E
>>
>>51913586
Using an old meme to mock something eh
>>
I notice alot of stuttering with r7 370 but its still a fairly new card so hopefully it gets ironed out
>>
>>51913298
Pretty happy. It just works, is fast, and easy to use.
>>
Fine for me haven't run into any problems,even with my modded games everything runs fine.The UI is pretty fluid to navigate and the specific settings for AA you can put on a game is pretty handy.
>>
Pretty happy. The program overhaul was a nice welcome change too.
>>
>>51913298
Don't have any issues, but all I have is an APU
>>
I rolled back to 15.11.1 Catalyst. Both versions of Crimson are awful and suffer from crashing, fan issues as well as core downclocking which results in stuttering regardless if vsync or frame rate limiter is enabled or not.

Radeon Groups "6 driver releases" each year will also include betas. they're also counting the current two releases towards next year.
>>
>>51913298

Much happier than before. They also work better than Nvidia's slow Control Panel.
>>
Will they make my future r9 390 a BBQ?

I will get one very soon, and I don't want it destroyed in the next month getting it.
>>
>>51913298
Quite happy actually, freesync is better now, no crashes, i played fallout4,acs and jc3 in sequence on 390 at 1440p it ran surprisingly good.
I upgraded from 770 two months ago though, one more thing madvr runs better on AMD card.
>>
I'm using the beta drivers (because of the legacy compatibility) and I love em, specifically because of the temps.
Also they look good.
>>
Guize we are gonna revamp our drivers promise!
>Fix a 10 year old cursor corruption bug.
>Introduce a few new GPU hangs.
>Rename the drivers and shitpost on news sites.
>Still no drivers.
>>
>>51915041
Do you ever notice how you feel relieved when an AMD card doesn't crash?

Buying AMD is basically being a cuckold. Mentally you know you aren't worth more.
>>
>>51915331
>>51915352
anger a lot.
>>
Useless...
>>
>>51913298
Buddy of mine tried it out then immediately started playing Fallout 4 at the time he didn't know it but the fan limited it self to something ridiculous like 20% power maximum it crashed to a black screen. now his graphics look messed up no matter what he's doing even on the desktop so I'm pretty sure the new drivers destroyed his video card by overheating his r9-290. He is trying to get a gigabyte RMA right now.
>>
>>51915775
How much is nvidia paying you to shill this hard?

>buddy of mine
>immediately started playing Fallout 4
People can smell a shill post from a mile away.
>>
>>51915352
>>51915331
How do I shill like you?
>>
>>51913298
i didn't notice anything. the new UI is okay tho not better than before and i'm still waiting for VSR support for 21:9 monitors. meh.
>>
I don't know, I use Linux version of the driver, they fixed something making Unity games unplayable, so I'm satisfied.
>>
>>51915775
The card will not go over 95C. It'll throttle to keep itself below 95 degrees. If it ever hits 98C, it'll shut down.
The card will do fine running extended periods of time at those temps.
It probably just shat itself for unrelated reasons.
>>
>>51915932
You know whats sad about the current state of affairs in game development? People use nvidia specific api calls in their games as default and then blame AMD for not supporting nvidia's closed source bullshit. There should be more transparency between game developers, games engine, and the gpu company. For example, Unity should disclose that its specifically tailored to use nvidia api calls and therefore should state AMD cards are not supported.
>>
>>51916003
not that anon but consider that the gpu core is not the only thing that can die on a graphics card.
>>
>>51913298
Using them with my 380. I see no difference
>>
>>51916040
I'm aware of that. It's annoying to see "the way it's meant to be played" on the loading screen with this shitty green logo.

However, the Unity thing was a bug in the engine, I believe.
>>
>>51915775

Why would someone tell lies on Malaysian origami BBS? There isn't even a significant market here. Fuck off
>>
>>51915848
>>51916003
If this is true for his case then it's the drivers fucking everything so either way it's shit. And this is not a ATI vs 3DFX augment I have both and like both when they work I even like Matrox
>>
>>51916046
You have to physically fry vrm for it to die though, it is very hard to do on modern cards specially on proper vendor non reference. Gigabyte in that case?
Look i couldn't even burn the 560ti from gainward(of all possible shitty vendors it is the worst one) 2 years ago - it ran 90C all the time and fan neared jet engine sounds, i sometimes played for 14 hours a day, since 2011 to 2014.
I sold it recently, still working fine.
>>
>>51916123
>it's the drivers fucking everything
I'd suspect the buddy of yours fucking everything with some shitty config, or OS junked to hell etc. etc etc
>>
>>51916184
sure sure.
but even tho the core can run at that temp and can be throttled, the fan speed doesn't increase accordingly in this case. wich could easily result in the vram or vrms overheating. or even solder reflowing.
>>
Feel good using catalyst
>>
>>51913298
Are they better than Catalyst? Catalyst fucking sucked.
>>
>>51916184
I fried a zotac 580 with mild periodic overclocks "I think" it started artifacting with straight lines then just wouldn't work. Fermi was super hot though so I just equated it to that
>>
>>51916229
>or even solder reflowing.
190C? Not sure if this is possible even if fans stop completely
>>
>>51916255
That's my point, fermi was very hot even under full blowing fans and cards didn't die from overheating.
OC is sort of special case though, who knows what went wrong.
>>
>>51916229
I was thinking of trying the oven trick if he can't get an RMA I tried the card in my extra AMD machine and got the same results when dragging windows it tears and leaves behind ghosts. If it was me I just buy a new one and forget about it but this guy doesn't work so he's broke dick.
>>
>>51916040
>People use nvidia specific api calls in their games as default and then blame AMD for not supporting nvidia's closed source bullshit.

You mean NVAPI? because everyone can download and use that and AMD has the equivalent, also the API is just plugins to run the DirectX features set by Microsoft in Nvidia hardware, is not weird for the plugins to work better on Nvidia cards as the plugins are made specially for Nvidia hardware, just like how Mantle would run worse than DX11 in Nvidia cards because it was designed with AMD architecture in mind.

Obviously AMD also has an API and plugins to run the DX features in their cards architecture and obviously they are different from Nvidia's.

Microsoft work with DirectX is just to developed the features and set the standard in paper for what each feature should do, is up to the hardware vendor in this case Nvidia, Intel and AMD to make that feature work in their hardware.

What Nvidia did, unlike AMD, was developer their hardware with DirectX features in mind, this is why their are so efficient at some task and why Nvidia plugins won't work or run like crap on AMD hardware.

Word is that AMD API is crap and it won't even work properly in their cards unlike Nvidia's which has different plugins to do the same task just in case one of them don't work as you intended and they also have extensive support in case you need help.

If you mean GameWorks, well that is a NVIDIA feature, intended to be used with NVIDIA cards.
>>
>>51914840
They specifically said 6 WQHL drivers /year anon.

Also, just werks for me. I've noticed framerate improvements in several games, and a temp drop like most, and Crimson starts up way faster and seems more responsive than CCC, oddly. I like it.
>>
>>51916339
Talking out my ass: The Post
>>
File: nvidiots general.jpg (167 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
nvidiots general.jpg
167 KB, 900x900
>>51915331
>>51915352
>(You)
>>
>>51913298
I have it. Much better than the old software.
>>
>>51916655
uh huh sure.
>>
>>51916837
>yfw called out
>>
File: 1449525827496.png (60 KB, 860x650) Image search: [Google]
1449525827496.png
60 KB, 860x650
>>51913298
i have Nvidea
>>
>>51914863
No, only nvidia kill cards with drivers.
>>
>>51916900
You can download both APIs though, they are free to use.
>>
>>51913298
Happy the gui is nicer and I get 5-8 more fps than I did before.

The update was simple af too no issues what so ever so far.
>>
>>51913298
In OK with the new drivers. Haven't gamed much tho.
>>
>>51914863
I got a 390 a month ago, pretty happy with the card, and when crimson came out temps very rarely hit above 50c under load.
>>
File: nvidia rage.jpg (420 KB, 1645x457) Image search: [Google]
nvidia rage.jpg
420 KB, 1645x457
>>51915352
>Do you ever notice how you feel relieved when an AMD card doesn't crash?

Yeah, because I switched to one from my previous Nvidia card, which crashed all the time.
>>
>>51913298
It has some very nice features for me, but their implementation is quite buggy. DX9 FreeSync, custom resolutions and Shader Cache are all very nice for me. DX9 FS is obvious, custom resolutions are awesome because I can set my monitor to 48Hz for 24FPS video(using the 3rd party utility kills FreeSync, this way I get both) and Shader Cache does wonders in Witcher 3 in terms of stutter removal for me (though it's still pretty bad).

Profiles are quite buggy though, especially FRTC. Packaged up with FRTC is also their retarded power saving bullshit THAT YOU CANNOT TURN OFF. It's absolutely fucking horrible, I've seen my 290Xs at 600-700MHz while getting terrible, terrible stutter and frame drops. This is especially bad in old games that aren't very demanding, such as Supreme Commander for instance. If I don't lock the cards to max clocks the stutter is very, very bad in most games. The fucking retards could at least give me a checkbox to disable their stupid power saving crap. I want FRTC for nice and even frame times, not to save fucking power. Good thing the community already made a utility to keep the clocks up.
>>
I heard hd 6xxx series weren't supported but it still updated my hd 6570 for some reason.
Actually made battlefield 4 playable to some extent.
>>
>>51917790
>vista

8)
>>
The control center is a lot better but I swear I'm having slight stutter in some dx9 games. Might be placebo though but I haven't noticed a drastic difference. 380 4gb here.
>>
>>51913360
I remember back when I had a 7790. Then I wanted more power so I could play GTA V on something other than low settings and without all the graphical glitches. And fucking AMD discontinued the card. Tbh I think I liked it better than my 290x because I made the mistake of buying a diamond multimedia card.
>>
>>51913298
Unhappy my crossfire HD6950's are not supported anymore and the beta driver they released for it isn't stable enough
>>
Umm about the same, still have driver crashes at least once a day.
>>
new WHQL 15.12 crimson available nao
>>
>>51913298
I like it. The UI is better and noticeably faster. The Gaming Evolved recording features are neat as well.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.