[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Declaring my major next year. Electrical Engineering or Computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Declaring my major next year.
Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering?
meme degree vs. meme degree
>>
Ay my university, both majors are in one program. It's not until our last year that the EEs and CEs take separate courses (there's only like 3). Check if your university is the same, that way you can easily do both and be a professional meme memer

Tl;dr: do both if you can
>>
>>51871734
same here but only for the first year
>>
CS with EE minor
>>
What do you want to do? The question should answer itself
>>
>>51871620
i'd go with EE because it's a more mature discipline, which helps employers know what they're gonna get out of you.

all those meme degrees with fancy dressing (CS, biotechnology, etc) complicate things, and make it more difficult for employers to know what you can offer them, making the degree less marketable, and less valuable.

>>51871797
fuck that, minors are worthless. you'd be better off just taking an internship or another co-op instead.
>>
I'd also go with EE and specialize in CE if your uni offers it.
Here's a question for you /g/. I'm a CS major that also really enjoys math. Should I double major, its only an extra semester at my uni?
>>
>>51871734
I would jump at that chance.
Mine is kind of the same way, except the split up is earlier on I believe.
There is so much overlap between the two and the information I receive varies so much.
At first I heard that stuff like CPU architecture and microprocessing, which is what I am interested in, exist in both EE and CE. Now I am hearing that EE consists only stuff like basic circuitry and design (like CE), but later you transition only to stuff like signals, telecommunication, etc. or big power systems, staying away from computers entirely.
Honestly I am still very ignorant about it.
The only reason I am hesitant not to go into CE is that I always hear that CEs have a harder time finding jobs than EEs. Is this true?
>>
>>51871844
do you plan on only working 1 job? then why pay twice as much for it?

major in EE because you can still get a job programming provided you have some form of experience. it doesn't work the other way around.
>>
>>51871900
I guess you're right. I just really like math. I'm taking a bunch as it is, and wondered if it would be worth it to get another degree for them.
>>
>>51871933
just learn it on your own, or go back once you have some money saved up

college isn't about education, it's about getting a job
>>
>>51871995
Thanks anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.