[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turns out Libreoffice is perfect replacement for Ms office. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: vs.jpg (34 KB, 819x351) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
34 KB, 819x351
Turns out Libreoffice is perfect replacement for Ms office.
What's does /g/ has to say?
>>
I'm a freetard and even I have to say that LibreOffice's font rendering kinda sucks.

Like, "it looks like there's a space between two letters in that word" when viewing at 75% kind of sucks
>>
I've always hated MS Office. Its so slow and bloated, but I'm forced to use it for interop. I resort to Office Live for most tasks to keep that cancer off my hard drive but this is even slower and it also messes up .docx layout.
2/5 bravo Microsoft
>>
>>51859648
Maybe versions previous to MSO 2013.
>>
>>51859648
Keep telling tgst yourself. I had the doubtful joy of using LibreOffice and that thing sucks. Like really. Formatting and layouting text makes you feel like you are back in 95. stuff like opencl support in calc ia good, but useless when using the software in general is maximum pain in the ass
>>
>>51859679

>LibreOffice's font rendering kinda sucks.

Pretty sure that has nothing to do with LO, but with your fontconfig.
>>
>>51859648
Never used MS Office, even back then at high school we used openoffice. I remember our sysadmin was a chubby neckbeard, I guess that explains it.
>>
>>51859771
>chubby neckface
Top kek.
>>
>>51859648
i agree
proof: my completely tech-illiterate family used to use ms office, i switched them to libre because they didn't want to pay for the license nor use it pirated and - contrary to my expectations - i have not had a single complaint or even question in over 3 years.
>>
>>51859648
>Turns out Libreoffice is perfect replacement for Ms office.
Welcome to 2005.
>>
>>51859795
forgot to add: my computer illiterate father uses it on his work pc as well, he runs a small logistics business, the office person who helps him out uses it as well with no introduction, same story.
>>
troll thread? troll thread
>>
Libre has worked fine for everyone I replaced it with. But they are puzzled at the occasional layout fuckup with .docx files.
>>
WPS looks thousand times better than Libre

Chink botnet? Maybe. But i don't give 2 flying fucks if those chinks are keylogging my data, they can't do shit at the moment
>>
>>51859831
Even MS Office fucks up formatting if you don't use the exact same printer with the same size pages.
>>
libre office 5 is pretty fucking terrible compared to earlier versions.
seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to get rid of the quick menu for font size?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 600x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 600x312
>>51859648
Everyone's missing out.
>>
>>51859679
has anyone got any suggests for good font rendering on linux?
>>
>>51859806
In your dreams freetard
>>
>>51859915
infinality
>>
>>51859648
>perfect replacement
Overstatement.

As a normie, it's fine. As a small company that only types a couple documents whose formatting isn't quite important, it's fine. For any regular company or serious desk jobs which gets to interact with other people who happen to be using MS Office, it's a nightmare.
The slight differences in formatting, off by a couple pixels or micrometers, are enough to fuck up big and well-tailored documents, which makes references to a particular page aswell as 1:1 copying impossible.
Unless everyone uses LibreOffice, including clients, there'll remain differences between the two, and when you send a document to a client and it displays like shit on his Office, he'll put the blame on you.

And then there's still the UI, which pretty much visually mimicks Office but completely overlook the functional aspects.

It's great on many aspects, but not exactly fit for business yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 541x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 541x700
>>51859901
this. Pages + Libre Office is bae, no need for macroshit jewffice
>>
>>51859648
I fell for the libreoffice meme. It sucks ass, fucks documents up.

either go for MS Office, or iWork.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.