[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My DVI Cable may have given up the ghost. Sometimes, if left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Desert.jpg (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826 KB, 1024x768
My DVI Cable may have given up the ghost.

Sometimes, if left to sleep, the monitor would say "No Input Signal" and the only way to wake it would take the DVI Cable out of the monitor, then plug it back in.

Now the same thing happened, this time the old method hasn't helped. There's not even the "Device unplugged/plugged in" noise coming from the speakers, though it works for other devices like the mouse.

And turning the PC off and on again hasn't helped.

I could buy a new DVI cable and VGA backup after Uni (hence the sample picture) But is there something else that could be causing this?
>>
help
>>
>>51856468
>But is there something else that could be causing this?
It's unlikely yo be your DVI cable. If it was, the image would be consistently fucked.
It's either your graphics card or your monitor. I'd start with trying to connect a different computer to that monitor.
>>
>>51857239
That

That doesn't sound good.

Could dust be an issue?
>>
>>51857279
>Could dust be an issue?
Probably not, but cleaning can't hurt.

If I had to guess, I'd be suspicious of the monitor itself. Still, test all three.
>>
>>51857314
Only got one monitor, one PC.

If I have to send it end for repairs or something, may as well, I'm heading home for a month with laptop in tow.

It's just, a new DVI/VGA cable is the least expensive of my options of:

>Replace monitor
>Replace GPU
>Replace mobo
>>
>>51857424
Do you have a TV or a console or a DVD player or anything else to test with?
>>
>>51857544
Most I could do is ask one of my housemates if they have a double monitor they could lend to see what the issue is. Whether the monitor (Doubt) DVI cable (Hope) or PC (Worry)
>>
>>51856468
>My DVI Cable may have given up the ghost.

Why are other german posters allways retarded?
>>
>>51857936
>allways
>other german posters
>>
Approx.2 more hours till o get home and see of these cables help things
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.