[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, I need your help. I am a noob pleb trying to build a gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: peasant.jpg (45 KB, 250x414) Image search: [Google]
peasant.jpg
45 KB, 250x414
/g/, I need your help. I am a noob pleb trying to build a gaming PC. Logical Increments doesn't work for me because some of those parts are difficult to find in my shit hole country. So I went with what I could find in computer shops. Could you tell me if these parts are compatible? I think pc part picker says everything is cool except for something between mobo and gpu (like mobo may need an update or something). Anyway, here are the parts I picked so far so I gotta know if they fit before going further.

Processor: i5 4690K 3,5 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte MB GA - B85 - HD3 - A, LGA1150, Intel B85
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart 730 (thinking of going with 620 w to save money)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS 9800
Graphics Card: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX950
Case: Thermaltake V3 BlackX

Please, help I am pretty much lost in all of this.
>>
You have the wrong mobo. You need a am3 or am3+ mobo for the 4690k
>>
>>51809277
This OP, you won't be able to get the full potential out of your CPU
>>
>>51809277
>>51809307

So, what you are saying is, it could run, but not reach the potential of the cpu?
Tnx dudes. Is there anything else wrong? Any suggestions for a mobo?
>>
>>51809344
It may not run at all, since if you run it on a 1150 board like the one you chose you'd have to depin the mobo
>>
>>51809402
Okay. Damnn, I feel like I should educate myself more before buying. Any good guides? Sure, I will google it, but I wanna hear suggestions.
>>
>>51809344
They're trolling. am3 and am3+ are AMD motherboards. Your intel CPU won't fit.

Your current motherboard is fine.
>>
>>51809452
Don't listen to this dude am3 will work the best in your use case if your gaming
>>
Why the fuck would you troll you mega autists? If you are bothered by someone asking for help say it or direct them to a place intended for helping beginners. Jesus fucking christ.

>inb4 LOL he got butthurt on internet xD

>>51809452
Is it though?
>>
>>51809553
DESIGNATED
>>
OP, if you're really concerned about the compatibility of your CPU with your MOBO, particularly regarding the am3/3+ socket deal, you could just google it. Better that than take the advice of the nerds on here.

...Just sayin'
>>
>>51809239
The processor you picked has an unlocked multiplier, but your board has a B85 chipset which doesn't support overclocking by multiplier.
You're overestimating the power this build would draw. As it is, it would run fine off 350W.
I suggest you get a non-unlocked (non-K) CPU, a PSU at around 500W and use the money you saved to get a better GPU.
>>
>>51809926
Im actually gonna take time to try and get some better knowledge about this but Ill try to get some quick answers here. Which chipset DOES support overclocking? Also, is this build good at all? Could it run new games on lets say medium settings?
>>
Go with AMD if you're in that price range.
Don't listen to these faggots and their housefire meme.
I'm running a reference r9 290. It isn't bad at all.
Occasionally sounds like a fucking rocket tho...
>>
The only trick that works here is to go. "this is the best system for under $Xxxx. You guys can not do better. Just brag and people will be triggered and try to one-up you. See if there is a better choice available to you
>>
>>51810268
>Which chipset DOES support overclocking?
Only Z chipsets support overclocking by multiplier. I think some non-Z LGA1150 boards support it unofficially, but if you want to overclock it's not really a good idea to cheap out on the board.

>Also, is this build good at all?
For gaming, the GPU is a bit on the weak side combined with this CPU. As long as you have a relatively recent Intel quad-core, the GPU will be the limiting factor most of the time. Getting the more expensive unlocked CPUs is not necessary if you're on a budget.

>Could it run new games on lets say medium settings?
GTX950 should be fast enough for medium settings on new games. Just google the benchmarks really.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.