[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, hopefully I don't catch a ton of shit for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: robotarm-400x218.png (106 KB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
robotarm-400x218.png
106 KB, 400x218
Alright guys, hopefully I don't catch a ton of shit for this.

Basically I am doing a Gofundme to afford the machinery and equipment necessary to make prosthetic limbs. The plan is to use the CNC mill and 3D printer to make other things I can sell to fund the creation of the custom prosthetics, so that I can give them away for free, or at least at a very low cost.

The problem being that I have had no luck getting any donations, despite trying to build up a social media following.

So I guess my question is where are some good places, or people I can talk to to get my campaign out there and funded?
>>
File: idups.png (125 KB, 404x272) Image search: [Google]
idups.png
125 KB, 404x272
why don't you put your own money in it or ask your bank to invest in your business?
>>
I didn't exactly grow up in the best climate for a good education and thus don't have a very good job, and my credit is pretty shitty right now. So unfortunately a loan is out of the question, or I would totally go that route.
>>
Move out to silicon valley bruh. Plenty of upstarts there, but more importantly, people who are willing to throw money around like party confetti
>>
>>51757665
show us the URL

i can chip in a few
>>
>>51757665
you're an idiot
>>
>>51757841

Go fund me dot com backslash freeprosthetics

Thanks man, even a couple bucks is greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the ridiculous link, 4chan keeps saying my posts are spam.
>>
>>51757850
Care to elaborate?

If you have any questions about the campaign I'd be happy to answer them.
>>
>>51757929
What experience do you have in building limbs with 3D printing equipment/programming them so they'll work
>>
>>51757952
I am still learning about the muscle sensors and motors to make robotic prosthetics.
But I have experience in working with a CNC mill, mostly to make gun parts and knife blanks.
I learned how to use Autocad from my stepfather, and I am currently learning Blender.

I've been working with metal in different ways most of my life. I'll be new to 3D printing, but I know a decent bit about it.
>>
File: 1422838252633.png (10 KB, 334x229) Image search: [Google]
1422838252633.png
10 KB, 334x229
>>51758042
Don't you think you should put that somewhere on your gofundme page
>>
>>51758068
This is a fair point. Brb.
>>
>>51757899
>Go fund me dot com backslash freeprosthetics
>backslash

Why do people do this? Why throw in the 'back'? It's extra work, and it's COMPLETELY FUCKING WRONG.

Surely people understand that / is simply "slash"? I mean, it's what you would actually WRITE naturally, isn't it? And \ is unnatural, never used in writing, and only used in DOS and character escape sequences.

Do dumb people think that "backslash" sounds more technical, or something? Like the Facebook morons who post hilariously dumb pseudo legalese about not giving permission to Facebook to use their data? Or the dumb kids uploading pirated content to Youtube with a "legal sounding" disclaimer, as if that somehow gives them magical protections from the law?
>>
>>51758258
Well that was silly and unnecessary.
>>
>>51758258
you're right, but some people are stupid. just ignore it.
>>
>>51757790
>I didn't exactly grow up in the best climate for a good education and thus don't have a very good job

so what your saying is you want to be the faceman of a product you couldn't even fathom how it operates?

what you're saying is you want to sit on your ass, collect a check and make money the rest of your life?

so what you want is to pretend to help people when you cant even help yourself.

so what you're saying is, you're retarded?

anyone want to add to my goofundme proving op is a faggot?
>>
>>51758416
>Well that was silly and unnecessary.

Why? I'm trying to understand why people go to GREATER EFFORT to be wrong.

>>51758433
>you're right, but some people are stupid. just ignore it.

I want to understand what leads people to expend more energy for no reason.
>>
>>51758483
My what a cynical little shit you are.
No, I fully understand how prosthetics work. Just not mechanized prosthetics, but I am in the process of learning.

What are you doing with your life? Aside from shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>51758556
as long as you don't have the skill to actually build them, you can't expect people to support you. there are a lot more experienced people who would be better qualified for this.
that being said you don't need formal education. just learn how that shit works before asking for money.
>>
>>51758556
i'm a software developer making 50K a year
i smoke weed every day of my life

i taught myself what i needed to know and help various local startups go from nothing to a full fledged platform, your areas lack of education is not an excuse.

if you want to start a company you need to know how to operate and create your product.

you cant beg people for money to learn, most of that money then goes to waste because of all the wasted hours it took for you to learn, making it an investment nightmare that will never be in the green and a company that will flop.

No ones just going to give you the capital to start a company like this considering you have zero experience.

if you want to do this go work for one of the thousands of companies already doing it and making millions.
>>
>>51758690
>as long as you don't have the skill to actually build them, you can't expect people to support you

This. OP has to demonstrate competency in the areas required to build prosthetics.

Has OP worked for someone else in the prosthetics industry? Does he have any degree(s) in related areas? Has he partnered with doctors and studied the needs not being met by current solution providers?
>>
>>51758716
>you cant beg people for money to learn

But I have an early demo for my 100% science-based dragon MMORPG!
>>
>>51758716
Implying someone would hire me when I have "zero experience". Kinda contradictory.

And I have all the necessary knowledge to make prosthetics from the get go, it's robotic prosthetics that will take time to learn. I'm not going into this uneducated like you seem to believe.
>>
>>51758801
>Implying someone would hire me when I have "zero experience".

Pretty sure he implied that someone would hire you once you demonstrated capability and ability to deliver value in that area.

You seem to have missed his critical sentence:

>i taught myself what i needed to know and help various local startups go from nothing to a full fledged platform,
>>
>>51757665
first thing you should do is get your paperwork in order and register as a non profit so you can have proof that you're legit, and also consider kickstarter instead
>>
>>51758846
Kickstarter actually declined my proposal. They said projects that are "intended to cure an illness" aren't allowed.
I tried to appeal it but they still rejected it.
>>
>>51758526
Bro you sound really autistic
>>
>>51759031

You sound lazy. Get off /g/.
>>
>>51757665
you sound like an illiterate teenager on your page and your description basically screams "I'm totally unprepared and don't know how to do any of this shit but I promise i'll do it if you give me free money" Fucking learn your shit first OP, give them examples of your work, pictures, videos, something that makes them feel like your gofundme isn't a fucking scam cause it sure as hell looks like one
>>
>>51759050
Suck my dick fuccboi
>>
>>51758556
its not shit posting if he's telling the truth, you have no proof of qualifications to handle such a business idea.
>>
Well this is about what I expected out of this thread, so at least I'm not disappointed.
>>
>>51759539
What you got was reality.
>>
Get a video up with a working prototype attached to someone missing an arm and you might get some funding. Otherwise people aren't gonna pay you to purchase machinery When they're unsure if you even know how to use it
>>
>>51757899
>freeprosthetics
Care to make a video?

Remember dude, I'm sure you're legit, but FYI, you're competing against this:

gfm matthewparkes

gofundme c SaveEJ_Fund

If I had cash, and i knew more about your background, i'd help you bro.

If you don't get a stroke of luck - check for hackerspaces in your area.... many of them have 3d printers you can rent.
>>
>>51759882
If this doesn't pan out, which it doesn't look like it is going to currently, then I will see about renting or using someone's equipment to make a prototype and try again.
>>
I'd get prototype prosthetics and stick them on a special cat or turt in need, post it to reddit and link to your gofundme.
>>
>>51759902
Sucky sucky my Hindi cock you piece if shit
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.