[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
France looking to ban Tor and free wi-fi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 24
File: french.jpg (44 KB, 440x340) Image search: [Google]
french.jpg
44 KB, 440x340
After the recent Paris terror attacks, the French government is proposing to forbid and block the use of the Tor anonymity network, according to an internal document from the Ministry of Interior seen by French newspaper Le Monde.

That document lays out two proposed pieces of legislation, one around the state of emergency, and the other concerning counter-terrorism.

In the former, the French government is considering to “Forbid free and shared wi-fi connections” during a state of emergency. This comes from a police opinion included in the document: the reason being that it is apparently difficult to track individuals who use public wi-fi networks.

The latter piece of legislation, meanwhile, says the government is considering “to block or forbid communications of the Tor network.” The legislation, according to Le Monde, could be presented as early as January 2016.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/after-paris-attacks-proposed-french-law-would-block-tor-and-forbid-free-wi-fi

Looks like liberté does not exist on the French network.
>>
Terrorists are actually winning. We're losing all our liberties one at a time and nobody will stop politicians because they're doing it for our "safety".
>>
instead of expelling the muslims and refugees, they blame technology. cant wait to see the day that europe becomes a brown shithole and that the countries no longer natively european
>>
>>51729638
No, they blame privacy and freedom of information. It's even worse than blaming technology.
>>
Thread theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ocE12lWOs
>>
>>51729530
mostly because the general population literally has no understanding of what botnet is they only care if the government can see their dick pics

>related
https://youtu.be/XEVlyP4_11M?t=1470
>>
File: we never sleep.jpg (60 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
we never sleep.jpg
60 KB, 280x280
>>51729530
The government will protect you. There is no need to be concerned.
>>
>>51729814
tfw no pics of my dicks
>>
>>51729814
fuck, start at 23:30
>>
File: best gun.jpg (20 KB, 440x270) Image search: [Google]
best gun.jpg
20 KB, 440x270
europeans gave up their guns in the 90s because muh violence
europeans gave up their free speech in the 00s because muh racism
europeans gave up their privacy in the 10s because muh safety

eanwhile tens if not hundreds of thousands of muslim shits are invading every city, town and village over there

you reap what you sow I'm just happy I live in a country where I can own pic related while privately shitposting about the muslim menace on the Internet using tor
>>
To all the French posters here, make no mistake: your government will take everything away from you. First it was the guns, now Tor. Why not also ban "extremist literature"? There is no Freedom of Speech in Europe especially in countries where Holocaust denial is illegal.

It's only going to get worse, go read Fahrenheit 451 to see what's in store for you. I'll plug Neil Postman's "Amusing Ourselves To Death" and "The End of Education" as well.
>>
>>51729872
It's happening here too, though. This is a global pandemic of authoritarianism, under the auspices of fighting terrorism, all in order to make sure we can't possibly pose a threat to our oligarch masters.
>>
>>51729530

>Terrorists are actually winning.

Hate to sound like conspiracy theorist but, someone is winning, but is it the terrorists?
>>
>>51729872
Should citizens be able to own bombs and nukes too to protect their freedom? Where's the line between ARs and explosives?
>>
>>51729920
you guys seem to think that assault rifles are somehow going to be effective against these perceived oligarchs. To say nothing of the immensely lopsided firepower between ARs and other weapons (e.g. biological, chemical, etc...) which are only prohibited by governments and therefore easily disregarded if it becomes preferable to abrogate that agreement, institutions - which are deeply invested in status quo leadership - will work to prevent people from disrupting that power structure.

And I'm not just talking about the DMV revoking your license, but Equifax and whatnot tanking your credit score and misreporting your history, or the IRS auditing you, revoking your passport, and variously ruining your life bureaucratically.

We live in a world where guns only do you any good when you and a bunch of other niggers are having a skirmish. This notion of posing a threat to oligarch masters is not just naive, but dangerously so.
>>
>>51729951
politicians are winning, the public is losing, terrorists are only the catalyst to this outcome
>>
They made an ass out of themselves by failing to prevent a large attack despite massive surveillance projects and now they're using it as an opportunity to gain more control.
Criminal lowlife parasite politicians, I wish the time of these shitfuck democracies would come to an end already.
>>
File: 1449354762400.jpg (33 KB, 324x371) Image search: [Google]
1449354762400.jpg
33 KB, 324x371
>ban tor
>terrorist will use proxy to connect to the tor network making themselves more secure
>>
This always happens after some terrorist attack.

The US government pretty much spied on everyone and everybody/anything with NSA and shit.

People get scared, they are more likely to say 'yes' to laws that invade privacy
>>
Eh. Didn't the terrorists in France use normal cellphones and no encryption?
>>
>>51729976

There are many lines between ARs and nukes. Efficacy. Ability to use without harming bystanders. Utility. Etc.
>>
>>51730178
Yep. They used unencrypted SMS messages and met up in person to discuss things.
>>
It's kinda funny when the government tries and blocks **high tech stuffs** like encryption/TOR/... Where as the actual terrorists use low tech stuffs like call phone to communicate.
>>
>>51729994

A single AR isn't effective. 300 million, however, represent a relatively significant bulwark against overly overt and direct government oppression.
>>
File: Thought-Police.jpg (16 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
Thought-Police.jpg
16 KB, 261x193
>>
>>51729994

Firearm ownership is mostly symbolic, I'll give you that.

But regardless, it's a tool that is made commonly accessible. Every revolution in the past 300 years (including the ones in America and France) had one constant: firearms. An off the shelf hunting rifle is enough equipment to "liberate" things like artillery cannons and mortars from a supply depot. From there, things can escalate.

Furthermore, the "symbolism" aspect isn't one to underestimate. My government, more importantly the people who live around me, trust me with a device that can be used to kill lots of people. They trust that I'm not going to do that, and I trust them back. You don't have that in europe, people there can't even trust each other not to say "naughty" racist or sexist things.

Also, here in the US we still have cash. People can live with shit credit. Most people can live if they're locked out of their ATMs (I know a lot of people who use cash checking stores instead of bank accounts). In europe, you're cashless now. Everything is electronic, through your phone even. All it takes is one phone call to your bank to destroy your life. As for passports, most Americans don't have them anyway because America isn't a place Americans abandon.

Of course, the latter points (except the one about europe being cashless) are moot when the current people running the government are dead set on shrinking it, even if it means multiple shutdowns to get their way. The government fears the people because when the people get pissed off, they vote for austerity.

tl;dr America wins again
>>
File: golden lel.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
>>51730349

oh shit that's right europeons aren't even allowed to physically hold the currency they are paid in

why the fuck is this failure of a continent allowed to exist anymore? It truly is pathetic how quickly and how readily europeans sold themselves out
>>
>>51730349
As an american, you're a retard.

Did you learn nothing from the NSA disclosures?
>>
>>51730375

Mainly because there are still 3 worse continents.
>>
>>51730236
You're talking about militarizing literally every single human being in the country.

Let's ignore that many of these people are children - hardly eligible nor physically capable of operating an AR effectively - and that WAY more are elderly to the point of being incapable of operating an AR despite being eligible. Let's even ignore that many more are enlisted servicemen necessarily fighting *for* the government.

Let's further ignore that there's nothing for which we have 100% or even 80% consensus. In even the most one-sided ethical dilemmas, you'll probably have 30% opposing the other 70% for some crazy reason.

In a scenario like the one you've described, where more than 90% of the nation by population wants to secede, they kind of just have to do it. The challenges are mostly bureaucratic at that point. The <10% of people who disagree with this uprising can be arrested so trivially that it might not even require firearms.

The argument you and others lay out for ARs sounds increasingly like a wishful wet dream where you get to be the protagonist in a post-apocalyptic dystopia. The world doesn't look like that and it probably never will.

The injustices you hope to overcome are institutions, not armies. Even if you kill a hundred key people in this delusional fantasy of yours, the bureaucracy that you feel so oppresses you will fill those holes in the blink of an eye.
>>
>>51730381

I learned to vote Tea Party.
>>
>>51729920
> This is a global pandemic of authoritarianism

Strangely similar to almost exactly one hundred years prior...
>>
>>51730400

You're reading way more into what I posted than was there. All I was saying is that there are 300+ million privately owned guns in the USA as of today. If you don't think that is a check on overtly oppressive government, OK, I guess. But for me, I don't think it's a coincidence that the USA is also the country that allows the freest speech on the planet, or that it's avoided some of the so-called 'nanny-state' laws that most other developed nations have implemented.
>>
File: Fm6bbbkjb.jpg.gif (435 KB, 245x118) Image search: [Google]
Fm6bbbkjb.jpg.gif
435 KB, 245x118
>>51730409
Wow. I honestly don't even know how to respond to that level of stupidity.

They of all people were the ones who most fervently accused Snowden of being a traitor, all because he exposed crimes that the government was committing. Such disgusting hypocrisy
>>
>>51730457
>They of all people were the ones who most fervently accused Snowden of being a traitor

They are? I don't keep up with the Tea Party, but I have a hard time believing that.

My impression of the Tea Party is that they're the ones holding huge rallies bitching about government interference, next to a well-maintained road with a sidewalk and traffic light, orderly driving due to enforcement, standing on a manicured public park lawn.
>>
>>51730448
I assumed that you meant people, not guns. We only have 2 hands, and if you mean to buy up 300 million assault rifles and for the fractional group of gun owners to wield all of them at once, you're retarded.

I'm only reading into your post enough to disentangle this insane mental model justifying AR ownership as anything other than a symbol that happens to occasionally cost a bunch of innocent lives because that symbolic gesture also means arming fucking crazy people. If you're too scared to face that, don't make the argument for ARs in the first place, or at least don't take us down this specious "rise up against the government" route.
>>
>>51730487

A chunk of them are (the 'tax-revolt' types that don't really have any philosophical underpinnings to their beliefs other than what they hear talk radio hosts say). The libertarianish half of the Tea Part generally like Snowden, though.
>>
File: rioter green shirt molotov.jpg (69 KB, 379x293) Image search: [Google]
rioter green shirt molotov.jpg
69 KB, 379x293
>>51730400
What you're arguing is that violent revolution is not possible/practical, which is factually incorrect. There's really nothing to argue about here. A single digit percentage of the population usually outnumbers all the government enforcers in the nation. This applies to pretty much every country in the world, including the US.
Institutions are made up of people. A population that does not want to be controlled by an institution will not be controlled by it.
If the people are controlled, then it is only because they either agree with the system, or it is because they are too apathetic to do anything to change it.

>>51730487
Not him, but he's right. The Tea party as a whole only opposes perceived government intrusions that bother right wingers. Your average tea party member does not care about each individual constitutional amendment. They only care about a select few of them.
>>
>>51729792
under rated post.
>>
>>51730487
They're hypocrites. Both of our parties are absolute trash, and they only serve to provide the illusion of choice. Both the republicans and democrats need to go.
>>
>>51730518

You're again missing my point. It isn't that I (or any one person) can wield enough weaponry to even slow down the state for a second if it comes down to a pitch battle.

My point is, instead, that a significantly large portion of the general population being armed (in this case, somewhere between a third and half of all US citizens [conveniently for your 'two hands' example, there's about 2 guns for every gun-owner in the USA]) leads to a state that is more careful about implementing measures of mass-oppression than it might otherwise be.
>>
File: IRA Patrol.jpg (45 KB, 590x342) Image search: [Google]
IRA Patrol.jpg
45 KB, 590x342
>>51730400

>You're talking about militarizing literally every single human being in the country.

All it takes is 1/10th of the population to successfully wage a long-term civil conflict. It only takes about 1/4th to fuck with the government internally (via their local Sheriffs see the shitshow in Muertta, CA last year), and 1/3rd to completely make the government your bitch.

Regardless, there is literally no problem in arming most Americans. The only Americans who don't have guns are faggot city dwellers in San Francisco and New England. Everyone else, including the people who work all the blue collar jobs that keeps their lives comfortable, have guns. Multiple guns even.

It doesn't even have to be organized, just dipshits making bombs in their basement and shooting at government employees from car trunks. Everyone would be a target, IRS workers would get murdered in the middle of the night, police officers who cooperated with the feds would get their families killed. Every uhaul truck would become a bomb, every car trunk a sniper. Americans didn't forget the Troubles over in the UK, it would go down exactly like that.
>>
>>51730539

I'm confused by your response. We were discussing the Tea Party, and now you seem to be talking about Republicans and Democrats.

I wish I could remember the source. This American Life, Planet Money, or another podcast I listen to... It went into detail about how Republicans and Democrats conspired to eliminate independent candidates from their "debates". Also, how the debates became a complete joke where they're fed vetted questions that they can spout sound-bites in response to.
>>
>>51730577

>This American Life, Planet Money

NPR is seriously garbage, you've completely disqualified yourself here. It's been shit since Stern left in 2008.
>>
File: top cucks.png (543 KB, 684x887) Image search: [Google]
top cucks.png
543 KB, 684x887
i've never used it and i don't support banning it

but let's be honest, there isn't a single legitimate use for it
>>
>>51730534
All I can say is that you don't seem to have read the whole conversation, or you're suffering a reasoning blind spot some other way.

If people just have to will themselves not to be controlled by institutions, then we agree that firearms as a means of rising up against institutions is a bullshit argument. If you're arguing instead that some combination of rising up against a despot and willing one's community to reject institutions is needed, then we can have that debate once you can overcome the fact that myriad bureaucracies like the ones in which we live are piecemeal and not monolithic. If you have a problem with the way finances are run, which building are you going to burn down? The one running the NYSE? Nasdaq? The IRS? Or are you and a few hundred like-minded hippies going to gather in Central Park and form a cloud of hobo gas while you all chant and practice urban commune governance?

Guns will play a marginal role, if any, in any coup that may come to pass. They'll be something for people to hold in retrospective paintings.
>>
>>51730605
>you've completely disqualified yourself here

That's really pathetic. You don't even know the source material and you're already closing yourself off.

NPR still has the best news coverage I've heard in the US. Also, they're the only media company that I heard actively defend No Child Left Behind in their summary discussion leading up to a presidential election.

I can't stand their pretentious Sunday programming, though. That idiotic "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" where they're all oozing pampered liberal goo and chortling like a monoculture. "Republicans" is an actual punchline to their awful jokes.
>>
File: french national soccer team.jpg (75 KB, 652x366) Image search: [Google]
french national soccer team.jpg
75 KB, 652x366
>>51729431
>french.jpg
The more muslims your country has, the less freedoms it has.
>>
>>51730557
>leads to a state that is more careful about implementing measures of mass-oppression than it might otherwise be.
This is demonstrably not true though. We have enough guns to arm every person - including babies - out in circulation, but I can't imagine a more aggressive, brazen system of mass surveillance than the one the NSA has been running. If there was any fear of citizen backlash, I don't see it in their actions.
>>
>>51730653

I don't understand those photos. It always looks like the guys in front are getting fucked by their boyfriends.
>>
>>51730649

>Also, they're the only media company that I heard actively defend No Child Left Behind in their summary discussion leading up to a presidential election.

that's an absolutely fucking appalling thing given that the NCLB is partially why K12 education is so shit these days

by the way their "news coverage" is someone repeating reuters/AP stories then their commentators crying about Trump (today's show, they spent an entire fucking HOUR crying about his 9/11 muslims lie because they were so assmad over it)
>>
>>51730655

Immediately the CCTVs that are omnipresent in English cities spring to mind. There are other examples too.

Also, note that I said *overt* government oppression. NSA surveillance is not overt. And even past that, many (unfortunately, in my eyes, at least) don't consider surveillance to be oppression.
>>
File: 900px-Nrol-39.jpg (339 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
900px-Nrol-39.jpg
339 KB, 900x900
>>51730557
>300 million guns
>state more careful about implementing measures of mass-oppression
lolok
>>
File: joiewf.png (230 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
joiewf.png
230 KB, 1280x960
Reminder that the NSA actively tries to infiltrate and fracture dissent movements with pointless arguments.
>>
>>51730675
>that's an absolutely fucking appalling thing given that the NCLB is partially why K12 education is so shit these days

Nope. The criticism was universally that NCLB was cutting funding. In fact, it was actually increasing funding, just not as much as people wanted.

>by the way their "news coverage" is someone repeating reuters/AP stories

Oh no, they read reputable news? How terrible.
>>
>>51730685
>>
>>51730712
I'm pretty sure the US has more government-owned CCTVs (and higher number per capita).
>>
>>51730655

>If there was any fear of citizen backlash, I don't see it in their actions.

And what would those actions be? They haven't done anything lately. They've been quiet.

Backlash manifests itself mostly as Austerity, which Americans have been voting for. People don't trust the government so they elect people that crash it into the ground. The government either stops being evil or it gets defunded. Obama is a shit joke of a president that can't stop being evil, so he's getting his shit kicked in from all sides.
>>
>>51730725
>They haven't done anything lately. They've been quiet.
They were quiet running the whole thing. Them being quiet isn't what I'm talking about. Their utter lack of restraint, documented in the files that have come to light, is what I'm talking about.
>>
>>51730712

See part 2 of post you are responding to:
>and even past that, many... don't consider surveillance to be oppression.
>>
>>51730739
Then what sort of oppression are you referring to that happens in the UK but not the US? We're objectively being monitored more actively.
>>
>>51730712
The government (i.e. NSA and GHCQ) taps into private sources of data, and then also shares what they learn back with the companies. In the current climate of corporate fascism, the lines between government and corporation have gotten a lot blurrier.
>>
>>51730738
There was no backlash over the NSA disclosures because the media either didn't report on the story or called Snowden a satan-worshipping, baby-eating traitor.
>>
>>51730738

>muh restraint

Literally the only problem with the Snowden fiasco was that Kieth Alexander lied to the Senate back in 2013. He got away with it because at the time both the White House and Senate were run by Democrats that obviously didn't want to implicate one of their own (Alexander, who would then state that he was under orders from Obama). It's straight up Democrats being corrupt and spineless, nothing more. Had Snowden happened a year earlier or a year later Obama would have either been booted out of office, or we'd have a Romney booting out Alexander before having Obama brought up on criminal charges.
>>
>>51730724
I'm pretty sure you're a faggot, but without proper documentation of your statements I can only verify you're merely retarded.
>>
>>51730349
>In europe, you're cashless now. Everything is electronic, through your phone even
>US of A in charge of understanding other countries
>>
>>51730807

in sweden there was no cash anywhere when I was there
>>
>>51730756
If we're opening that door, then the NSA is, again, way more aggressive than the GHCQ is.

If all I'm doing is getting you worked up into an anarchist's fervor, let me bring you back down: we can - at best - agree that there is qualitatively no difference between the GHCQ's monitoring and the NSA's (maybe there are little measures where one ekes out ahead of the other, but for my money I'd say the NSA is worse; if you disagree, we'll just have to agree to disagree). You have yet to provide any tangible example of other ways that governments oppress their people - and I would argue that a person experiences qualitatively as much "oppression" living in England as in the US (maybe they have to pay for more permits, or pay a higher tax rate - those are inconsequential policy decisions in this estimation).

Given all that, what are our 300 million guns safeguarding? A protective layer from tyranny that the English seem to have satisfactorily safeguarded without all those guns? Do we need the symbolism of assault rifles for people to sleep at night? Maybe those people will learn to take some Ambien before bed, if it means we're generally making it harder for autistic kids to grab their parents' guns and shoot up a bunch of people.
>>
>>51730779

this america doesn't have an nsa problem it has a democrat/Social Justice Warrior problem
>>
>>51730712
>Britbong pulling the "at least we aren't the US" card

The UN privacy chief has some strong words on that.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/24/we-need-geneva-convention-for-the-internet-says-new-un-privacy-chief
>>
>>51730891

>UN privacy chief
>taking anything the UN says seriously
>>
>>51730816
>in sweden there was no cash anywhere when I was there
how the fuck do you pay for things then?
>>
>>51730840
>>51730925
Hello NSA >>51730693
>>
>>51730913
The problem with the UN is it has no teeth, but he is dead right about the state of surveillance.
>>
>>51730925

they wanted me to use my phone

I didn't buy anything outside of nigger street vendors that used euros
>>
>>51730951

UN = SJW, anti GG

fuck 'em

>sage" (b for not vidya related
>>
>>51730954
Not to self: NEVER visit Sweden.
>>
>>51729872
Tor nodes are banned on 4Chan
>>
File: JUST_DO_IT.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST_DO_IT.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
I'm done with this fucking country
>>
>>51729431
>proposing to forbid and block the use of the Tor anonymity network

Jesus fuck, not even the U.S. government has gone that far. And we milked 9/11 for all sorts of shit.
>>
>>51730995
moot was the biggest hypocrite alive. faggot gave a talk on anonymity at TED and then he curtailed it as much as possible on 4chan. I'm glad he's gone.
>>
>>51729814
>posting john oliver
15 year old please go
>>
>>51731021
NSA pls >>51730693
>>
>>51731059
Not to mention the U.S. Navy is the biggest financial backer.
>>
>>51731009
I think it was more about saving his ass, in concern about the website, rather than restricting anonymity.
>>
>>51731091

who /navy/ here?
>>
>>51731134

>implying I wouldn't be a SEAL instead of an electronics specialist if I didn't have a loving chinese fiance
>>
File: camelniggers.jpg (70 KB, 720x507) Image search: [Google]
camelniggers.jpg
70 KB, 720x507
lets destroy our freedoms so we can continue letting sand nigs without any fucking skills into our countries!!

europe is a shit hole. and while their limp wristed faggot leaders ruin everything they blame the jews.

burn in hell, europoors.
>>
>>51729821
"Protect"
>>
France is such an authoritarian shithole. They were like this before the Paris attacks.
>>
>>51729951
Far right racists win because the terror acts make people scared and more willing to accept their views.

Military wins because they get extra taxpayer money to buy toys to go play in the middle east sandbox with

ISIS wins because western Muslims feel more alienated from their communities and Muslims in Syria suffer from more bombing, driving recruitment and promoting their narrative of "the west v.s. islam"

Government wins because they can use the emergency to reshape policy and the private sector wins if they are in a position where they can take advantage of the policy change (military contracts,selling fancy body scanners to airports etc)

tldr; terrorism is a win/win situation
>>
The general attitude will be "I've got nothing to hide, so yeah, let's ban the TOR-network". Goddamn, people can be stupid.
>>
>>51729843
Same
Not even 1
>>
I really don't see how they can take Tor away though ?
and i don't see why they're after free-wifi it sounds so dumb i don't think it's ever going to fly for real.
>>
Weren't the attackers communicating using fucking text messages anyway?
>>
>>51730178
Yes, they did not use any encryption. France have a extensive surveillance apparatus, but they mostly focus on stuff people try to hide so the non-encrypted messages went past them
>>
>>51730925
Cards of course, last year I maybe touched actual money less than 5 times
>>
>>51732608
yup

makes it look like terrorist is winning and europe govt is stupid by just reacting to everything, but imo just another plan to enact operation 'make the world like that one book', 1984, by removing unrelated comms from public.

didn't you know the military invented communications, not tesla marconi and bell. they want it back.

conspiracy mode powering down...
>>
File: 1428049407689.jpg (36 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1428049407689.jpg
36 KB, 600x800
>>51729431
I'm French, and what I'll say might sound radical, but here it is: we'd better let them do it.

Complains will only lead them to scrap their document, only to come up with another in two months. Except the one they'll be coming up with in two months will be better.

They're doing this in a hurry, the laws will be shit, they'll never be applicable, they'll waste time and money, and once they realize it's a disaster, they'll shut it down. Just like Hadopi, which is a huge fucking disaster, and could have been an even greater one if only retards didn't oppose the original text, which led to a slightly better one to be released instead.

We all know they can't stop this shit. Laws are slower than technology, better not give them the extra time required to catch up with it.
>>
>>51732608
They also communicated using Playstation 4s, on their own wifi.
>>
They should ban social media. Probably causes more problems and a lot more toxic then the 1% that uses tor.
>>
>>51731497
İsis is not islam. İ actual hoped people would know this by now.
>>
>>51732976

I don't think they meant Daesh was Islam. But our government is fucking braindead (not enough literally sadly).

Mass medias, mostly television deal with "radicalisation", there are the terms of "radical Islam" (e.g. terrorists) and "moderate Islam" (e.g. soon-to-be recensed muslims). We mistake salafists and terrorists, even our government and security services.

So to say it plain : almost all the salafists are pacifists. They wear beard and they'd prefer their wives with a niqab, but they have nothing to do with terrorists.

And the terrorists who are usually recruited mostly haven't read the Coran and don't speak Arabic. What is true is that they are usually marginalized by society and they don't often see a meaning in their lives.

Oh, and gov wants to ban encryption. Terrorists used complexe, cyber-military-grade encryption such as SMS.

State emergency also means environment activists can't leave their home during COP21, we can't demonstrate and there is a live list of all the government's process of self-replication here (e.g. all the shits they have done) : https://wiki.laquadrature.net/index.php/%C3%89tat_urgence/Recensement (fr).
>>
>>51730615
In Snowden's case there was. Being able to communicate without interference of government agencies is important to keep a healthy democracy.
>>
>>51732886
That turned out to be bullshit scare mongering.
>>
>>51730615
You've never used it because you don't have anything sensitive to say. Saying it has no legitimate use either means your country is a healthy democracy or that you don't care about those who try to make it better.

tl;dr : you probably don't see the countless flaws of the country I live in, France. Improve your news feed.
>>
>>51732976
are all whities guilty? are all christians to blame for crusades? nonwhites and nonchristians seem to agree that they do.
>>
>>51729431
>Le Monde
fuck off reddit
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (237 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
237 KB, 1100x1380
>>51733333
Nice use of repeating digits.
>>
>>51732976
What is radical Islam? Islam should be banned until it has a reformation like every other religion. Islam is just plain barbarism no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>51732976
ISIS is not Islam, but they sure as fuck are Islamic.
It's retarded how people say "these people who ignore half of Islam are true Muslims while ISIS, who follow it all are not".
>>
>>51732976

Have you read your fucking backwards book?

ISIS is the truest and most literal interpretation of your religion. You are more deluded than they are if you even suppose for a moment any thing different.
>>
>>51729976
>Slippery slope fallacy
>>
>>51733368
>$x is the truest and most literal interpretation of your religion.
i think this sums up the source for any and all religious debate/war, my dear fellow
>>
>>51733405
>>51733368
>>51732976
you should read
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_expeditions_of_Muhammad
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Badr

People telling me this religion isn't about war are just stupid. Look at the facts.
Of course the religion evolves and now most of it isn't about wars, but ISIS actually is Islam, you can't deny it.
Don't believe me yet ?

> http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/17/world/middleeast/wikileaks-saudi-arabia-iran.html?smid=fb-share&_r=1

Read and learn kid.
>>
>>51733582
any religion can be about war, or did you think buddhists or christians didnt have their period?

its besides the point. the point is, we must kill people who want to kill us.
>>
>>51731047
John Oliver is a highly liberalized/socialist comedian, parroting their very common dogma for the common class plebs like us. Most likely him and the NSA have the same owners anyway.
>>
>>51730375
>oh shit that's right europeons aren't even allowed to physically hold the currency they are paid in

Thats... quite interesting if true. Do you have any sources on that?

I've recently been reading some books on economics and banking.The gist of what I read is that essentially every time people deposit money into a commercial bank, that commercial bank can stack new money on top of that deposit and loan it out under an interest rate.

People holding their money in cash would greatly severe that process, and it's basically in their best interest to have you keep "money" in their deposit accounts.

I hate to derail but since this thread is already derailed anyway.
>>
>>51733614
yes, but my point is that Jesus didn't killed people or started wars.
>>
>>51732976
Daesh isn't Islam, but they like people to think they are, which was his point.
>>
>>51734056
>He actually believe those liberal morons who spout "they're not true muslims!"
>>
>>51734083
Look, these fuckers' marketing scheme is to get people to associate them with Islam, claim the west is at war with Islam, and then recruit a bunch of mudslimes that way. Not playing into that for them is helpful. Making their target demographic feel alienated and already associated with them is not.
>>
>>51729431
Those fucks weren't even using ecryption, let alone TOR
>>
>>51734110
They are already associated with islam.
Even in their book it says : "you can't tell who is a real muslim because of the way you can read the quran". Stop lying.
>>
Not to sidetrack from the gun debate/muh freedoms talk but..

how would you even enforce a law like no free or public wifi? roving vans that pick up open access points and track down the offenders? it just sounds completely ridiculous from a tech point of view, let alone the insane police state repercussions that come along with it.
>>
>>51730375
What the fuck are you saying? We still have chash...
>>
>>51729431

>Ban wifi
>dont ban muslims

fucking liberals I swear to god
>>
>>51730178
Yes.
Which makes this completely unrelated.
>>
>>51729872

>thousands

>not millions

have you ever read a newspaper?
>>
>>51734110
Their target demographic is already alienated. Terrorists in Europe... a lot are already second generation Arab muslims.

You imply that it's because natives don't do enough to "include" them like a good little media parrot. But in reality it's simply impossible for them to integrate, too different of an ethnicity and religion.

Jews and gypsies have lived in Europe for a lot of years, and they retain their ethnic core, with a lot of hostility towards the majority Europeans, and of course, vice versa. Actually probably a lot of bloodshed could have been avoided if we didn't insist on things that will eventually lead to ruin.
>>
>Muslims
>Violent, refuse to work, often break the law, constantly whine and demand special laws be put in place for them, costs tons of welfare
>Free wifi
>Useful, everybody loves it, will get people to visit your store more often, costs little
And wifi was what was banned
>>
>>51731497

>far right wins

>media shits on them 24/7 and they are a laughing stock to everyone who hasnt been culturally enriched yet
>>
baguette of the free
>>
>>51734193
You know what's hilarious?
Not only do they refuse to integrate, but European liberals act like integration is a racist and only neo-nazis want it.
We should be embracing their culture not the other way around!
>>
>>51732976

muslims who dont suppurt isis are literally not real muslims

you are like one of those "christians" who worships crystals and shit
>>
>>51729901
kek you are retarded. if anything "extremist literature" and holocaust denial are both fine if it comes from muslims, see sweden.
>>
>>51733725
No it's not true
>>
>>51733614
any religion can be about war, but Islam actually is about war, more importantly it is about war right now.
>>
>>51733725
Not true, but they are planning on that.

Sometimes you hear economists complaining that real money is way to expensive, so they propose bank money to cut down costs. While this holds some truth if you consider that our 1-cent-coin's copper would be more worth than the value represented by the coin itself if they would made it 100% out of copper. It's only 5%, tho. However, you can solve this problem in another way than banning cash.

Politically they are already trying to establish a way to ban cash. In some countries you are only allowed to withdraw this much cash, in others you are not allowed to pay in cash if it would make more than 5000€ for example. Cyprus and Greek are first examples how EU will act if they ban cash. In 2013 people in Cyprus were not allowed to withdraw money. This year people in Greece were only allowed to withdraw 60€ per day. Furthermore, people in Greece lately have to report if they have cash and mobile assets at home.
>>
File: 1444395058109.png (27 KB, 407x742) Image search: [Google]
1444395058109.png
27 KB, 407x742
>>51729530
>Terrorists are actually winning. We're losing all our liberties one at a time and nobody will stop politicians because they're doing it for our "safety".

What if....the politicians are actually the terrorists?

What if there's no threat at all?
>>
>>51734959
note that this was already highly encouraged in most north euro countries before the euro. its well known cash is more expensive than bank accounts + cards.

but leave it to south euros to want to pile up their money in stacks of 1 cent coins. south euros holding us back, costing us money, as usual.
>>
>>51735034
Yeah you are right. Northerners are ahead in this development, but I have to disagree with you that this is a good thing. You people lack a kind of ownership if you put so much trust in e-cash. Convenience is the first step in losing freedom. Ask RMS.
>>
>>51735141
fiat money already was just that, by fiat. draghi is printing money and devaluing your coins as we speak.

get gold if you want to hold something. insisting on expensive physical money infrastructure is nothing more than retarded
>>
File: HQrXyyu.png (11 KB, 441x415) Image search: [Google]
HQrXyyu.png
11 KB, 441x415
>>51735000
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7GAbVhjTSw

Who might be behind all this....
>>
Dont we all love it when /pol/ comes to visit /g/
>>
But who will save us from this technological terror?
>>
>define tight borders and control the internet

>no borders in RL, REFUGEES WELCOME

Truly the cradle of human civilization.
>>
>>51729872
>europeans gave up their guns in the 90s because muh violence
Bullshit.
>europeans gave up their free speech in the 00s because muh racism
Bullshit.
>europeans gave up their privacy in the 10s because muh safety
People in the 10s gave up their privacy becuase social media made it extremely appealing to do so.
>>
yeah the socialists are revealing themselves again as complete fascists, using anything to push their mass surveillance society.
actually they are against free speech, and consider racism or antisemitism a thought crime.

i know for sure Marine Le Pen won't let this happening.

we'll just kick the islamist scum out of our country, instead of welcoming and funding them. problem solved.
>>
>>51735232
I clearly see your intentions, Northerner. Feel free to accumulate your e-cash. I'm out.
>>
>>51735493
>Europeans give up their country in the 20's
Already started happening what with the "refugees" they're flooding in so they can feel good about themselves
>>
>>51729530
you know the bullshit march that happened after Charlie Hebdo's attacks? Free speech never went so bad after that, and that's because of the government's censorship.

Free speech is more under control than it's ever been in the french history. People like Soral, Dieudonné, Marsault, Zemmour... artists, writers, comedians are being silenced by the media, those who make it through the media are then censored by tribunals for "incitating to hatred" "revisionism" or "genderism" we have unfair trials. we have seen people getting indtitutionalized for comparing the EU with USSR or Nazi germany's ambitions.
we are ruled no more by the law and justice, but by social justice, a new kind of regime that target any offensive content.
Actually the DST monitors the social networks en masse, if they find a way to block TOR, i wonder how, we'll be fucked.

With Valls anyways we remain on a dictatorship.
>>
>>51729431
You forgot to point out that 98% of French politicians don't understand to IT stuff. And unlike US politicians, there IT-related advisors are shit, like shit tier of the shit tier.

I can't remember the name of that big security company in france which website was featured in a Quadrature du Net's convention, where they simply showed how much failed that security could be... Fuck got to find that name again...

Remember what RMS said when he went to France about Free software: "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité, 3 mots que le gouvernement français déteste" (Liberty, Equality, Brotherhood, 3 words that the French Governement hate), which is so much on point.

>>51730615
>mfw I use it on mails just to piss off people willing to listen
>basically nothing really sensitive to say aside some erotic fantasy with gf
>mfw I've no face.
>>
>ban tor
Good fucking luck

If this goes through, france can enter the heady club of Tor banning countries, whose members are China, Iran and North Korea. Probably Saudi Arabia too and a few Depotistic African states.
Countries well known for their human rights.
>>
File: ayyyy (3).jpg (168 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy (3).jpg
168 KB, 624x351
>security apparatus fails again and again
>hurrr lets give them more money and powers
>>
File: reptilian-jew.jpg (90 KB, 483x534) Image search: [Google]
reptilian-jew.jpg
90 KB, 483x534
>>51729530
The Reptilian Jews want you to think it was terrorism when they planned the entire thing as a false flag, don't believe their lies.
>>
>>51735509
cash is not something to be accumulated, it is simply a method of accounting. you should be accumulating art, gold or diamonds, or just make sure you have a good life and build a world where future generations happily pay for you when you're old.
>>
>>51736130
They don't need to build a false flag, they just need to open the doors and let the islamist scum enter on the territory, to meet more islamists who will devemop their hate for our culture, and destroy it, but we can't destroy them since their shield is "racism"

Went to a burial about one week after the attacks, someone who died in the concert in Paris.
There were people in orange K-Ways, distributing tracts and shit for SOS-RACISME "stop à l'amalgamme" ex^plaining why it was an isolated act and not all muslims are like this, and not fall for the temptation of extremism..
IN THE CEMETERY WHERE A KID SHOT BY MUDSLIMES WAS BEING BURIED.

Also, SJWs keep saying "But remember the crusades, we attacked them first! Look at the rise of the right wing, they feel insecure in france! It's not the fault of the muslims, it's french who are racist and intolerant! I understand them!"

Fucking socialist party.
>>
>>51730995
Just tried this out. Well, this is some bullshit. I guess it's to prevent cp from being posted though.
>>
>>51736357
Yeah, it's really such a great idea to go through Tor to post CP on 4chan and type a dozen captchas when there are actual CP boards on Tor.

That's like entering a chocolate factory with a crate full of chocolate.
>>
>>51736357
It's because TOR makes IP banning (which is really the only useful tool 4chan mods have) impossible. Without it the whole site would look like /b/.
>>
>>51736396
Seems to be working okay for uɐɥɔ8.
>>
>>51736420
They have fewer users spread across more boards and less of a media presence because Fox news never told people to buy a dog to keep those guys from blowing up your van. Fewer people know them, so fewer would come to fuck with them.
>>
>>51729431
The sane thing would have been to ban Islam, close the borders to more muslims getting in, and giving incentives to those already in to leave.
Instead the want to pass retarded legislation that fucks up the life of the indigenous law abiding population.

dumb frogs
>>
>>51736471
The sane thing is not political correct enough.
Even if it were the only way to make Europe great again they still wouldn't do it.
>>
>>51729638

Fuck you

What you're asking for is literally Nazism. You cannot uproot millions of people into almost their certain deaths when they go back to where they ran from and instill fear into many more and say that you are a moral nation.
>>
>>51736542
>being against the flood of immigrants that will destroy culture and identity makes you a nazi
>>
>>51736471
The sane thing would have been to reform Islam
Destroy taquiyya and adapt these mudslimes to the world and not WE adapting to their shit
>>
>>51736542
Poe's Law in full effect.
>>
>>51736567
It take centuries to reform religion.
>>
>>51736542
i'm so sorry that my country is better than yours and that you are a coward leaving your women to fight isis, kurwa
>>
>>51736609
and it takes half of one to swift culturally the masses
>>
>>51730375
>europeons aren't even allowed to physically hold the currency they are paid in
Wait, what the fuck? I'm a European and I have a wallet with banknotes and coins in my national currency (HRK) and ~80 euros on a shelf, remains of my last trip to the eurozone. How is Europe "cashless"?
>>
>>51736130
It's easier than that. Muslims hate Western culture (Jews too) and want to wipe it all from the planet.
>>
>>51736690
If you read his later posts, he was talking about Sweden, which he apparently thinks is representative of Europe as a whole.
>>
>>51735636
Didn't you have the Vichy government set up by the Germans during WW2? I have a hard time imagining that your current government and legal system is doing more in terms of censorship than the Vichy government.

Still, we're definitely as a society going backwards and the really worrying aspect in it all is that the people taking us backwards aren't the conservatives, but rather the people who consider themselves as the progressives.

Seriously, it's kind of mind boggling seeing people who a few decades ago would have been all for freedom of speech saying things like how the people who died in the Charlie Hebdo attack deserved to get shot up for making fun of Islam and how political satire should be limited not to go after anyone except the established elite.

Seriously, if we let these "progressives" have their way I have a feeling that we're now in the process of permanently destroying western civilization with all it's values like equality and freedom of speech for all.
>>
>>51736396
>Without it the whole site would look like /b/.
That's not a bad thing at all. Maybe you should try sites like reddit or facebook if you don't like /b/?
>>
>>51736754
/b/ attracts reddit and facebook users who think 4chan is nothing but epic shitposting and greentexts, you seriously don't want the whole site to be or look like /b/.
>>
>>51736754
Maybe you should stay on /b/ if you prefer it over /g/? I would rather keep this board the way it is with IP bans, thanks.
>>
>>51736454
That definitely hasn't stopped the anti-GG movement from occasionally showing up and doing all kinds of false flag shit from "Yes let's send LW death threats - Yes let's do that"-posts (which is why they introduced poster ID's to make it easy to spot when one person is pretending to be several) to doxxing and CP. One of the main stories that anti-GG people use is the one about how CP is actually allowed on there because someone went and posted a load of CP on one of the boards.

The ironic part about that CP claim is that the main person leading the charge by posting a story on The Daily Dot about how CP is allowed on the site turned out to be a pedo herself (and incidentally a dogfucker as well).
>>
>>51736837
Ah. I don't know what goes down on the GG boards, but /cyb/ and /tech/ both seem pretty clean (and pretty slow, compared to /g/ here).
>>
>>51736786
Nah.
>>
>>51736837
Anybody who has a large enough CP folder to do a false-flag like that is probably a pedophile, no surprise there.
>>
>>51729976
>implying citizens can afford to own bombs and nukes
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.