[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ defends SJW principles in Swift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/165

just leaving this here
>>
>>51694609
Nobody cares. Kill yourself.
>>
>>51694631
this desu senpai
>>
This is one of the reason "full opensource" wont work.
While SJW are spreading like a cancer into popular opensource projects, the companies just get shit done and improve quality standards.

I note that however, I do not encounter SJW in my field, signal processing.
>>
>>51694609
>jckarter locked and limited conversation to collaborators
I am being oppressed.
>>
>>51695046
>This is one of the reason "full opensource" wont work.
This is actually the reason why forks SHOULD exist.
The main branch can always say "this change doesn't improve the project in any way and I won't accept it" and then the faggot can just maintain his fork in the hopes that some cunts will be pleased by using it.
Trying to change the main project because you have some opinion on syntax or wording is bigoted.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
someone should get in there and tell them that their objection to "master / slave" is strongly indicative of a sex-negative attitude and extreme bigotry to those who engage in the bdsm lifestyle. mention how it's probably a product of their misogyny as well (which is of-course a part of our disgusting, patriarchal, rape culture).
>>
>>51694609
kek, what a bunch of idiots. How is this naming inconsiderate? This as been around since before they were born and no one really complained about it.
>>
>>51695082
honestly, i thought this is how it generally works. today i found out i was mistaken. RIP swift.
>>
>>51695536
do it faggot. please, do it. you'd be doing god's work.
>>
They've also merged a pull request that got rid of ++i and i++ because "It's confusing to new people and often leads to spaghetti-oneliners".
>>
>Swift

Who gives a fuck
>>
File: fragezeichenmc3b6dchen.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichenmc3b6dchen.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
>>51695046
> the companies just get shit done and improve quality standards
what companies are you talking about, the ones creating open source projects or the ones not creating them?
>>
>>51695631
Seriously?
What will they get rid of next? Switches? For loops?
>>
>>51694609
It's an obvious troll
>>
>>51695653
Nah. Switch has lots of ways to make loops.
To be quite honest, i++ was quite useless.

It's still weird to just got rid of it. Most programmers would expect it to be there. I also doubt that beginners ever get confused by it. It's something you can explain in 5 seconds.
>>
>>51695642
I do. it's a great language. it should have stayed closed source. this is probably some marketing move.
>>
>>51695642
>computer scientists: concerned with type systems, side effects, paradigms, etc

>programmers: concerned with available library bindings, performance, and platform support

>bosses of programmers: concerned with the language being object oriented in a way that keeps their hordes of inexperienced employees from stepping on each other's toes too much

>/g/: concerned with aesthetic issues like brackets and indentation styles

Bikeshedding is the proper word for it. /g/ mainly talks about brackets, syntax, and identation styles because it's non complex and everyone can contribute a opinion and be semi valid.

Any real issues will cause too much risk of being pointed out as incorrect or stupid if they're wrong / mistaken.
>>
>>51695677
Even if i++ is useless they should leave it there. What keeps someone from writing something like i = i + 1? And as you said, I'd expect there to be a i++ operator desu
>>
>>51695630
only contributors to the repo can leave comments on it. fingers crossed a fellow /g/tard is a contributor to that repo.
>>
>>51695721
Yeah. I really don't know why they did that. The language is pretty good, but why ruin it?

I know that they described it as "Objective-C without the C" (which it hopefully isn't, because then it would be a clusterfuck of square brackets and read-only syntax), but that doesn't mean they have to remove things just because they come from C.
>>
>>51695631
post the source.

i hope to the ghost of steve jobs that this whole spectacle is actually a demonstration of why NOT to make good projects open source, and in a week they shame the whole community by rubbing their face in the carpet going LOOK WHAT YOU DID while they delete the repository
>>
>All this shit over master/slave

I have never wished for a stroke before.
But here I am
>>
>>51695747
https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0004-remove-pre-post-inc-decrement.md
>>
/g/ getting trolled by southpark. Or am I the fag getting trolled?
>>
Drupal and django made the change like two years ago.

The github threads on those changes are eye roll inspiring
>>
>>51694609
I hate PC bullshit as much as the next person but these people are working on a fucking apple project it has the gay progressive agenda all over it.

Fighting retardation in an apple project is impossible.
>>
>>51695631

>Removing a commonly used language feature after code written in that language already exists

Uhhh.... well I guess it's very much an Apple thing to break all legacy code at any given time...
>>
>>51695046
SJW always go for the low hanging fruit.
If too much math or actual work is involved, they move on to easier stuff such as web dev.
That's why you don't see them fight actual racism/sexism in countries like Saudi Arabia. They know that most other countries don't give a fuck about being pc and they would end up in jail or worse if they tried to pull the same shit.
>>
>These operators increase the burden to learn Swift as a first programming language - or any other case where you don't already know these operators from a different language.
Just how many current programming languages don't use ++/-- operators at this point in time?
>>
>https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0007-remove-c-style-for-loops.md
Can't wait for the death of useful for loops too.
>>
>>51696502
>The semi-colon delimited declaration offers a steep learning curve from users arriving from non C-like languages
> steep learning curve
Literally what? How is that stupidity possible?
He's clearly joking, isn't he? Please tell me that he is.
>>
>>51696502
>The semi-colon delimited declaration offers a steep learning curve from users arriving from non C-like languages
>>
>merged commit c2b5546 into apple:master
Absolute madmen
>>
And I'm not against the newer methods of for loops, but when I want to change every 3rd value in an array you fucking bet I am going to
for (int i = 0; i < len; i += 3)

it.
>>
File: 1368278025001.jpg (31 KB, 398x399) Image search: [Google]
1368278025001.jpg
31 KB, 398x399
the absolute madmen actually merged it
/G/ B T F O
B
T
F
O
>>
>>51694609
This pull request is antisemitic because leader translates to "Führer" in german.
>>
Make a pull request changing it back citing the "ongoing whitewashing of CS", it's inherent "WASPy cultural chauvinism" leading to "cultural erasure".
>>
>>51696873
It will never be accepted now that this has been accepted, we'd be pretty much relying on convincing the same person that his decision was incorrect.
>>
>merged into apple:master
>into apple:master
>master
Who will create a request to rename branches?
>>
>>51696942
Rename "master" to "trunk" as "branches" stem off it.
>>
>>51694609
Swift underground railroad when?
>>
>>51696381
www.alexjs.com
>>
This is actually kind of fascinating.
We're watching the open source community ruin something in realtime.
>>
>>51697225
What I find funny about this is the fact that it's grammatically or semantically incorrect.
A cripple isn't necessarily a person with a limp. If I'd only have one arm, for whatever reason, I'd also be a cripple even though my legs are working fine.
Saying "their" instead of "his or her" is also incorrect since "their" denotes multiple people. And calling somebody "it" is even more offensive than using the wrong pronoun.

But who am I kidding? Of course, it's correct because nothing of this is offensive at all!
>>
They fucking merged it

Fuck this trash
>>
>>51697334
So is that it now? It's officially Leader/Follower?
Should have called it Sarkeesian/Dickhead.
>>
He probably put in the change to bait a few replies and get a laugh but they actually ended up fucking merging it, hahaha

Good show
>>
Open Source is doomed.

It's full of either obese or scrawnly white beta males so desperate for female attention they'd be castrated given the chance if it would impress some SJW "nerd female".

Thanks to it being open anyone can jump in and start policing people on how they talk, words they use and threaten them with mass social media whitch hunts if they do not comply.

Closed source does not have this problem. Sure they may do a bit of BS advertising to keep public opinion good but behind closed doors it's all white men doing the good hard and mental work.
Closed source hires people with an actual education, previous experience and full track records. They do not let fat mentally ill ham beats barge in and take over.
>>
>>51697398
>Freedom was a mistake. - Richard M. Stallman
>>
>>51695642
Underrated post.

>most of the shit relies on objc stuff
>the linux version can't even handle strings
>ObjectiveC interoperability crippled it from the start
>all that ObjectiveC / Swift spaghetti code to maintain
>Apple

Well deserved. so glad their shitty SJW brainwashing bitten them back in the ass.

This is such an innovation! Revolution of their shitty language!
>>
>>51695747
>they shame the whole community
they're the 'community'
>>
>>51694609
they actually took the bait and did it the madmen
>>
>>51695837
this tbqh
it's doomed to be top fag
>>
>>51695666
yeah? do you see how despite that it got merged to master?
>>
>>51695046
>>51697419
>>51697334
>>51695046
>>51695642
>>51697398
>somehow this is supposed to "harm" the project.
Variables were renamed, there is literally no difference to anyone not giving a fuck about this. There wasn't even any form of pressure involved, a pull request was created and the developer merged it because apparently he wanted to.

>hurr durr OpenSource failed
I hope this is just an elaborate troll and I hope you all aren't this retarded. The only reason why you would even care about this is cause you are so upset about SWJs that you can't handle the fact that they "accomplish" something in any way, even if this was just an attempt to "troll" that ultimately backfired.
>>
File: 1414710174660.png (264 KB, 377x434) Image search: [Google]
1414710174660.png
264 KB, 377x434
>>51698752
>implying PCBro is not Tim Cu.ck's account
>>
File: 1436990527314.png (488 KB, 640x877) Image search: [Google]
1436990527314.png
488 KB, 640x877
>>51694609
More like Tim Cu.ck shilling on /g/ though his puppet accounts and army of retarded homOSeXual drones as usually for their failed abortion
>>
File: 1429562902882.png (513 KB, 872x690) Image search: [Google]
1429562902882.png
513 KB, 872x690
>>51694609
Why Tim Cu.ck is such a faggot? Why is he calling himself PCBro all of a sudden?
>>
File: 1370967938987.jpg (28 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1370967938987.jpg
28 KB, 247x248
Jesus christ it was actually merged
>>
>>51695046
>This is one of the reason "full opensource" wont work.
Except a) any pull request can be rejected, so as long as the maintainers aren't SJWs, the project is safe, and b) if the maintainers go SJW, you can immediately fork the project and create a community without SJW nonsense. The "companies" don't "just get shit done", they're beholden to SJW HR policies and other inane crap, and if you disagree, you lose your job.

But hey, keep shilling, retard.
>>
>>51695536
Sex positivity has been completely abandoned by SJWs. Their entire ideology is fueled by sex negativity now.
>>
>>51699076
This. Fork Swift into OpenSwift and revert all the SJW bullshit and add ++ and -- operators back in.
>>
>>51699029
I don't mind if he's gay. Fine with me.

I do mind code of conduct and PC.
>>
>>51694609
Bebe is best girl
>>
>>51699088

this guy knows what's up
>>
>>51694609
fuck your retarded "joke", fuck your shitpost
sage goes in all fields
>>
shut this post down

shitty post

this is political

zoe quinn is a talented women and great programmer
>>
>>51699941
>>51700057
I agree

this is a gamergater thread and GG is banned on 4chan

anyone using "sjw" should just be permabanned.

anyone here understands CoC are common place and mainstream now

DEAL WITH IT

*DRINKS YOUR MALE TEARS*

WAHHHHHHHWA MUY ETHICS MUY CODE

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>51695046
>I do not encounter SJW in my field, signal processing.
there's basically no interest or growth in signal processing.
>>
the pcbro account was a joke, but as this guy points out, who cares?
>>
the shitposting in these threads are pretty funny.
>>
>>51699134
>OpenSwift
Call it Swift++
>>
>>51695759
> =, += and other assignment-like operations returns Void
why?
>>
File: 1445833558047.jpg (12 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1445833558047.jpg
12 KB, 252x240
>>51700070

take a fine look people. this is what our women are becoming. I bet she has neon-colored hair and everything. jesus christ, what a whiny bitch.

your opinion is about as valuable as your liberal arts degree.
>>
>>51700776
So that you can't do things like
while (bar = cursor.get(foo))

to loop functions for as long as they provide data.
>>
>>51700662
this
>>
File: lattner.png (28 KB, 796x134) Image search: [Google]
lattner.png
28 KB, 796x134
>>
File: 1449262939810.png (261 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449262939810.png
261 KB, 500x500
Oh boy, another one of these threads. Cant wait for this to be a 300+ post eyesore on the catalog with not a single post actually about technology

Oh boy, another one of these threads. Cant wait for this to be a 300+ post eyesore on the catalog with not a single post actually about technology

>>>/r9k/ or reddit.com/r/mensrights next time buddy.
>>
>>51704849
cool shitposting
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.