[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mices and key broads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: $_35.jpg (4 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
4 KB, 300x200
I've had the same mouse/keyboard set for awhile and want to change things up. Right now I have the G9x mouse (pic related) and I've been using it for years. Is there anything that's as good or better? not looking for a gaming mouse that has a million buttons and has blinding back lights.

I have a mechanical keyboard, would like to stick to a mechanical keyboard- which would you recommend?

Thanks.
>>
are your things broken? if not, why replace them?

nothing beats muscle memory
>>
>>51689637
This.

The G9x is a good mouse, no point to replace it unless it's uncomfortable to use or doesn't have features you want now.
>>
>>51689600
I had a G9x before
It's going to be the one I buy again when I dump money on a new rig.

Why would you want to change it?
It's pretty nice.
>>
PAINT IT RED
>>
You guys are probably right, I should just stick to what I know and what's good. I just thought maybe it'd be cool to change things up.

Anyway, any recommendations for headphones (gaming)? I was thinking of getting these and using the mic on my current set of headphones. Getting a new set of headphones because the mic on them is broken and hangs down and it's wireless and a pain in the ass.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106328&cm_re=headphones-_-26-106-328-_-Product
>>
>>51689818
> I had a G9x before
> It's going to be the one I buy again when I dump money on a new rig.

You can't buy them new anymore as Logitech no longer produce them. That's unfortunate as they are the best gaming mouse I've ever used and they last for many years.

The closest match I've tried since, and I've tried a lot, is the Corsair M65. It's the nearest in grip, sensor and feel I've used.
>>
>>51690161
Holy shit you have to be kidding me.

Hopefully I'll catch one on ebay or some shit when the time comes
>>
>>51690200
>>51690161

>200-400 dollar prices on ebay

I want to cry.

I'll keep your recommendation in mind I guess
Fucking Logitech
>>
>>51690200
Good luck with that. Boxed versions are going for $200-$300+
>>
File: 03070001.jpg (1 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
03070001.jpg
1 MB, 5472x3648
>Almost 2016
>Still no G9s
Logitech really is shit nowadays.

I have a G9 and when it was looking shitty I complained and they sent me a G9x under warranty. Both still work fine. I bought replacement cosmetic parts on Ebay.
>>
>>51690242
>>51690274

Sure they were boring / ugly to look at but the G9 series were so fucking well made people almost never had to buy replacements. I bet the Logitech accountants decided they weren't making enough money because of that.
>>
>>51690356
Hell after thinking on it for a bit I'd still buy it at 400 dollars on ebay. Hopefully I can get one soon enough before it goes to like 1000 or some shit.

I've never even used many different mice and the G9x was my first real gaming mouse.
i just knew the moment I started using it nothing would ever come close to it.
>>
There's nothing comparable to the form factor of the G9X currently. Don't break yours.
>>
Yeah G9x is the best mouse out there. When mine dies I don't know what I'll do. Already had it's buttons flake out and had to solder in new ones.
>>
>>51690983
>>51691868
It just looks like a standard mouse. What was so good about them that people are now willing to pay $400 for one?
>>
>>51692115
It's incredibly hard to explain.
If you had used one you would know.

It just feels perfect.
>>
>>51690356
I thought they looked pretty nice. Best implementation of switchable DPI too, no need to use the shit software

Did anyone else use theirs without any shell, just a claw grip?
>>
>>51692115
>mfw I purchased mine off eBay second hand 6 months ago for 50€. Mint condition.
>>
>>51692115
I got one when they dumped the MW3 branded stuff for $30. It was OK, WMO was better
>>
>>51689600
unrelated question

why are the G9X's so expensive now? I bought mine for like ~$50 now they're listed at $200
>>
>>51692336
Nvm, just read the thread
>>
>>51692115
the shape is different. The G9 has your hand choked up on it with your fingers arched. It's got that claw thing going, but you can use it for hours without any fatigue or soreness. Button placement is perfect, and build quality is awesome. It's not too clunky or large. It comes with 2 different shells to change the feel, and of course the adjustable weight system.

I've had my G9 since 2007 maybe 2006. It's probably the only component that I've used for that long.
>>
>>51692115
Since you asked, I'll tell you what's so good about them. Keep in mind, I use mine gripless which means without the silver part shown in OPs picture.

Light weight - mine is probably 80g without the grip.
Good DPI - 5900 DPI or something and I like it at the highest setting.
Small footprint - perfect for fingertip grip.
Good feeling to the spinning scroll wheel (can also be set to free-wheeling mode)
Tilt wheel - I haven't really seen ANY other gaming mice with a tilt wheel and I find that feature useful.
Thumb button - which I use as 'back' for my web browser.
>>
>>51692281
Yes without shell. Fingertip grip.
>>
>>51689600
Anything with a 3310 sensor.
The G9x was never good.
>>
the logitech g502 is a god tier mouse.
>>
Anyone make a basic mouse that's worth a shit anymore? I just want 2 buttons and a scroll wheel, along with a good sensor and consistent wireless. Only a complete dumbass could think instant dpi adjustment and placing the control right on the top of the mouse was a good idea.
>>
>>51693530
>wireless
get out
>>
File: fsfsd4354.jpg (656 KB, 2448x2151) Image search: [Google]
fsfsd4354.jpg
656 KB, 2448x2151
Best mouse out there. And the closest thing out there to the original WMO shape.
>>
>>51693626
can't go back to the slavery of a wired mouse
>>
corsair m45. go for it
>>
>all this g9x dicksucking
Did any of you even use other mice in your life? Because I didn't and thought the g9x was decent, used it and before that the g9 for years. Got a Zowie FK1 early this year and holy fuck, it's just way fucking better. Both shape and sensor are just way ahead of anything I ever had of Logitech. Seriously, try out something else before you applaud this like the second coming.
>>
>>51694767
Why would I switch? It still works.
>>
>>51694767
You obviously don't use a fingertip grip.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.