[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to use Tor itself without any proxies? Also does anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: tor.png (5 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
tor.png
5 KB, 289x174
Is it safe to use Tor itself without any proxies? Also does anyone have the onion link to the hidden wiki
>>
Why would you use Tor with a proxy
>>
>be in high school
>discover deep web
>wanna beat dick to Cp or some shit
>download tor
>noideawhatimdoing.jpeg

>/G/ will I get V& if I don't use a proxy thingy?
>>
File: 1431102984007.gif (944 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
1431102984007.gif
944 KB, 290x200
>is it safe to use tor without a proxy
>>
>>51676913
I want to visit some chans
>>
well your isp knows you're connecting to the tor network, i bet they have everyone on a list for connecting to tor or using a vpn.
>>
>>51676807
Bumping because of how hard it made me kek
>>
>>51676807
yes
yes
>>
DONT!

Tor technonology is pretty much the reverse of a proxy (aka a reverse proxy). Using a proxy will cancel some of the security of tor out.
Tor is secure because it is like onoin (thats why their logo is an onion). Each proxy you use, will cancel out a layer. Typically tor uses 4 layers. If you use 4 proxies, you will have no security! If you use more, then you'll be secure again.
>>
>>51678441
That's not really true. A layer is only 'cancelled out' when it's decrypted by a relay node who has the right decryption key for its layers, not a random proxy you manually connect to. Using a manually added proxy does impact your privacy you're using Tor for in the first place though. You should use it on your own system, not from a remote proxy. The remote proxy now sees everything unencrypted before it passes it on to you.
>>
all tor exit nodes are monitored by law enforcement

moreover torchan is dead and the other small chans get like 10 posts per week
>>
would a vpn make any difference?
>>
>>51678710
Trust your data to third-party companies that are required by US constitution to store logs and cooperate fully with a possible CIA operation.
>>
>>51678776
>not knowing how to buy your own vps and configure openvpn
>>
>>51676807
If you want cp, look up freenet.
>>
>>51676807
Just make sure you're using end-to-end encryption (HTTPS) and don't fuck with any settings in the Tor browser and you'll be ok.
>>
>>51678681
doesn't matter if your traffic is encrypteted
>>
>>51676807

Is anyone working on recreating the allegedly destroyed "digital footprint" of the USA's most recent terrorist couple?
>>
>>51679482
Actually there are malicios exit nodes that try to decrypt traffic going through them but they get spotted and marked pretty quick and there is only a handful ofthem at a ti e
>>
>>51679550
Yeah I'm not worried about anybody breaking SSL encrypted traffic desu. The time and resources it would take even the government to do isn't practical. I'd be more worried about the NSA demanding companies to hand over their SSL private keys
>>
http://zqktlwi4fecvo6ri.onion/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>51679592
You reckon they don't already have most large cert provider's private keys? I'd wager they're already mitm-ing heaps of targets.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.