[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on curved tv's /g. Are they a meme? Whats the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: samsung-uhdtv-inline.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1406) Image search: [Google]
samsung-uhdtv-inline.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1406
Redpill me on curved tv's /g.

Are they a meme? Whats the benefit over a flat screen? Are they just a thing for idiots?
>>
my tv curved to the left over time
>>
>>51641871
they don't do shit
>>
for you to see above the natural limit of 720p 30fps of your retinas, things need to be curved
>>
Might be good for use as a monitor if it's smaller. (~40in)
>>
>>51641871
Maybe if you had a single chair from which you watch the TV, it might look a little better (in theory) because you have a more consistent viewing angle across the whole panel.

But really, just another gimmick like 3D.
>>
>>51641905
if you know what I mean :^)
>>
>>51641944
No, you'd be sitting too close. Follow the arc of the TV out to its left and right to form a complete circle. The ideal viewing point would be in the center of that circle.
>>
Honestly seems gimicky for large screens which ironically they only seem to make. I'd like a 4k oled curved 32 monitor though
>>
File: damn.gif (403 KB, 497x359) Image search: [Google]
damn.gif
403 KB, 497x359
They focus the optimal viewing angle of every part of the screen on to one singular point.

In theory, it works. In practice, you get a television that only one person in the group can view properly unless the panel is decent enough to have a 180 degree viewing angle, in which case there's no reason for it to be curved aside from just having a curved TV.

For a monitor, it'd work since only one person would be using it at once. However, it'd be more expensive than just getting a decent, flat display with similar specifications.
>>
Basically it comes down to this. I go home for Christmas break from college and my dad wants to go get a tv because hes making a man cave and he doesnt know jack shit about tech, and I dont know much about tvs.

Would you guys recommend one over a flat screen? He watches tv often, football games amd shit.
>>
File: fuck outta gere.jpg (32 KB, 552x624) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta gere.jpg
32 KB, 552x624
>>51641871
>Redpill me

fuck off, do your own homework
>>
>>51642021
>viewing television with other people
>>
>>51642073

Yeah, thats what normal people tend to do.
>>
>>51642044
No, he's gonna have his dadfriends over to watch the BIG GAME, which means more than one person watching the tv.
He might seem like a bigshot the first time they're over, but after the novelty wears off they're gonna make excuses to watch it at someone else's house.
Plus, a lot of "man cave" shit is either sleek futuristic stuff or comfy college-tier stuff, neither of which go well with a curved tv.
>>
is there a curved, ultrawide, 4k, 144hz, 1ms, gsync display out there right now?
>>
>>51642205
>4k, 144hz
Does not exist yet.
>>
>>51642262
damn

i want one
>>
>>51641871
They're expensive and seem gimmicky.

People who actually own and use them as a monitor seem to enjoy them though.

But you're asking about TVs so I got nothing. Probably not worth the premium.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.