[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what computer language are "corporate" games such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: 1448537487472.jpg (166 KB, 897x1822) Image search: [Google]
1448537487472.jpg
166 KB, 897x1822
In what computer language are "corporate" games such as Ruzzle made in? It doesn't look like Java at all, and I heard most android apps are made in Java.
>>
>>51607012
Nothing hotter than hating on vegans.

7.5/8
>>
>>51607012
>professional feminists
>>
>>51607012
That picture is dumb and you should feel bad for having it
>>
>>51607012

No idea, but just a protip:
>don't post images more interesting than your prompt

I'm going to play Devil's (or more like Ursula's) advocate here and argue that she has a good point.

Processed meat products are cheaper per calorie/per pound/per serving than non-gmo/organic veggies and fruits.

One can be fat and poor, thanks to the subsidized corn and cheap soy fed burgers and chicken nuggets.
>>
>>51607178
>Processed meat products are cheaper per calorie/per pound/per serving than non-gmo/organic veggies and fruits.

Certainly more convenient too. Lazy people, you know.
>>
>>51607178
If only there were such a thing as eating less.

>calories in<calories out senpai
>>
>>51607210
>>51607223

>Certainly more convenient too. Lazy people, you know.
>If only there were such a thing as eating less.

Hey now, I'm not saying it's inevitable but there's no denying it's harder for poor folk to eat healthy in first world countries.
>>
>>51607223
>I don't understand how the human metabolism works
>>
>>51607178
>Processed meat products are cheaper per calorie/per pound/per serving than non-gmo/organic veggies and fruits.
This comparison doesn't make much sense, since meat eaters also eat fruits and vegetables. It would make more sense to compare meat products with non-meat protein sources such as beans or lentils.
>>
>>51607261
You will NEVER gain if you eat a caloric deficit
>>
>>51607223
The secret recipe to losing weight:

Eat less than your total energy expenditure, but not lower than your base metabolic rate.

That's it.
>>
>>51607469
If you don't eat for a day (due to being poor, like she said) you're metabolism will slow to a crawl, causing you to retain EVERYTHING you eat as fat.
>>
>>51607261
see
>>51607547
>>
>>51607560
see
>>51607553
>>
>>51607570
>>51607553
>causing you to retain EVERYTHING you eat as fat.

This guy thinks the human body can run on zero fuel, instead storing 100% of intake instead.

He sounds fat.

While your metabolism may decrease, your base metabolic rate still exists, and your total energy expenditure is higher still.

In short, eat less.
>>
>>51607258
Yes there is
>>
>>51607553
this doesn't sound like it meshes well with some of the laws of thermodynamics or something
>>
>>51607012
>in college, meal plan
>eat complete shit
>pizza, shitty burgers, fries, soda
>every day
>still a skinny little fuck

Eating this stuff is probably horrible for me, but i am not fat at all.

Eating junk food does not make you fat, eating a LOT of junk food does.
>>
>>51607553
And you'll enter a hibernation state to survive the winter.
Thank you for your biology lesson.
>>
>All of this oversimplification

None of you have any idea how the human body works.

You guys know people go to school for years to learn this shit, right?
>>
>>51607681
So a 18-22 year old male can eat what he wants?

Testosterone is a hell of a fat burner.
>>
>>51607553
>falling for the starvation mode meme

Explain this logic to holocaust and North Korean gulag victims
>>
>>51607737
Your tumblr is showing.
How much do you weigh? 250 pounds? 300 pounds?
>>
>>51607724
No broscience can beat thermodynamics. Energy in minus energy out.

It doesn't matter how slow your metabolism is- the only way it can slow enough to stop you from losing weight is if it's so slow that you're dead.
>>
>>51607766
They consistently eat very little?
>>
>>51607724
Dude I'm a powerlifter

I eat at a caloric deficit or surplus to hop weight classes all the time.

Yes, you can set caloric goals and yes your body will gain and lose on those goals almost according to clockwork.

Millions of athletes do this regularly for their weight classes.
>>
>>51607766
I remember hearing my prof who was a holocaust scholar or whatever saying how jews liberated from camps got fucked up cause the us army fed them too much shit.
>>
>>51607776
>the only way it can slow enough to stop you from losing weight is if it's so slow that you're dead.

Even if you were in a perfect sterile vaccum, the bacteria inside your gut will start to decompose your flesh... making you lose weight anyway.
>>
Who is that semen demon?
>>
>>51607785
>comparing the body of an athlete who can choose how many calories he eats to someone who eats every other day.

Sounds like you're in a much better position than her desu
>>
>>51607785
>all this thin privilege
I bet you're white, too.
>>
>>51607798
Well that does happen but generally I consider dying to be the point where you stop being you, and start being a corpse. So it's your corpse that loses weight rather than you.
Not exactly a scientific description but more of a general philosophy.
>>
Monogame
>>
This cunts an idiot. There no way she's gone 2 hours without eating something in her life.

Also, its pretty easy to lose weight. Especially when you're younger. When I was 16, 5 years ago, I lost 20 pounds in a month and a half. Simply by eating little (1300-1800 calories), and playing a lot of sports.

Even last summer, I did a 2000 calorie per day limit. Very few times did I reach it, but I walked and did strength training 5 times a week. Lost 15 pounds. If she was gonna lie, the least she could have done is to take a summer off from binging on big Macs, and lose 50-100 pounds (easier for fat people to lose weight quickly). There's no way I am willing to believe that she starved even one day of her pathetic life.

Also, as anons >>51607649 and >>51607776
Point out, energy in=energy out. The body will store energy that isn't used. In the case of not having enough in, it'll use what is stored. She shouldn't be fat, even with a slow metabolism.
>>
>>51607776
>>51607785
>talks shit about broscience
>is literally a bro talking about science
kek
>>
>>51607801
More like who is that big Mac shack.
>>
>>51607852
thanks for the blog post faggot
>>
>>51607886
You're welcome, dick cheese.
>>
>>51607814
She could choose to eat what she's eating.

Just less of it.

>>51607821
I'm actually half Paki

>>51607853
its not like only random idiots at the gym believe this.

Your countries Olympic teams and all of their professional sports teams know it to be true as well. They have entire teams of people who map out what the athletes need to gain/lose to be at optimal performance
>>
>>51607915
>literally comparing someone with the luxury of micromanaging their caloric intake to someone who eats every other day and is biologically predisposed to retaining fat

You are dumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 866x838) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 866x838
>>51607934
>biologically predisposed to retaining fat
>MUH GENNNETICS

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>51607934
I don't know why you keep saying you eat every other day as if it would make you fatter.....

You don't gain for eating zero calories
>>
>>51607949
Sex is genetics moron
>>
>>51607967
You're body would retain more fat on day two than it would've otherwise, because you body assumes food is scarce
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 736x552
>>51607969
>there are no females who have ever gained or lost weight

Ok
>>
>>51607984
Now you're just putting words in my mouth.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 640x940) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 640x940
>>51607996
At least it's better than more food
>>
>>51607853
So what part of thermodynamics is wrong?
>>
>>51608029
A steady diet would actually probably help me gain some weight
>>
>>51608072
You're putting way too much stock into starvation modes power
>>
>>51608070
You're an idiot if you think that the only two places caloric energy goes is to your muscles/brain or to fat stores, if you're in bad health you body will use much less energy on avg, huge muscles also act as a great energy sink.
>>
>>51608091
I'm a guy, most girls I know who eat like me are fat.
>>
>>51607553
this is simply not true
it takes a lot longer than one day for your body to go into "starvation mode".
have you heard of intermittent fasting?
I've lost 22lbs of the 50 i'm trying to lose in just a few days shy of a month.
i eat one 1200 calorie high fat/protein low carb meal every 23-26 hours, drink only water outside of that feeding time, and do cardio exercise 90 minutes every day. so I'm at a very high calorie deficit and going a whole day without eating and the "starvation mode" meme still doesn't happen.

And it's definitely not water weight that i'm losing considering I'm drinking well over a gallon of water daily and my piss is crystal clear and not that cheeto orange it gets when you're dehydrated.

the starvation mode is real but it's not as strong as people think,
you need to go days without eating for this to happen and even then you will still lose fat/muscle even if it's a little slower than usual.
otherwise how do holocaust victims, anorexics and dirt poor people in 3rd world countries get down to nothing but skin and bones?
>>
>>51608163
Why the fuck are you comparing yourself to some fat chick? Healthier bodies work better, and its really easy to fall into unhealth considering nutrient-less carbs are literally EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>51608163
>otherwise how do holocaust victims, anorexics and dirt poor people in 3rd world countries get down to nothing but skin and bones?

>>51607779
>>
Nice technology discussion guys
>>
>>51608307
gfy crystal
>>
>>51607012

If I was frequently in a situation where I didn't know if I'd be able to eat, I'm sure that I'd EAT FUCKING EVERYTHING I COULD while the going was still good, too.
>>
>>51608373
>oh waaah I'm starving guys!
>is a fucking phD student

She should have prioritized better
>>
>>51607012
Am I reading this wrong? Is she complaining that she's too poor to afford food? Because her words and her body are not telling the same tale.
>>
>>51608391
she got a degree in feminism, of course she has fucked up priorities.
Doesn't mean you're right, though.
>>
>>51607553
HE FELL FOR THE "STARVATION MODE" MEME

HOLY FUCK

MY SIDES
>>
>>51607178

>non-gmo/organic
Why do you compare "processed meat products" to "organic veggies and fruits"? Especially since the cheap meat will probably come from gmo and hormone-fed animals...

Also I don't know how cheap meat is in burgerland, but there's NO WAY meat is cheaper "per-calorie" than rice and beans. You're just fabricating excuses for your dollar-menu-diet
>>
Some stupid faggots ITT not understanding that "ENERGY IN" may also go into fat tissue, or come out with poop or heat in a malfunctioning digestion system. That's obviously not the case with OP pic though.
>>
>>51609282
Malfunctions may:
- DECREASE your energy IN (e.g. malabsorbtion of nutriments, absorbing only 300 calories of your 500 calorie cheeseburger)
- INCREASE your energy OUT (e.g. by producing excess heat)
- DECREASE your energy OUT (e.g. constant fatigue, your body burning only 1000 calories a day instead of 2000)

Of these 3 cases, only the 3rd might lead to weight gain, and then ONLY if you eat more calories than what your body burns. Notice that I didn't mention a 4th case (INCREASE your energy IN) because it's literally IMPOSSIBLE. You CAN NOT absorb 1000 calories from a 500 calorie cheeseburger. The only disorder leading to this would be eating 2 cheeseburgers, aka an eating disorder.
>>
>>51607012
OP likely written in c/c++. Android has the NDK (native development kit). It allows the programmer to use c and c++
>>
>>51607012
>It doesn't look like Java at all
kek
>>
>>51607797
Refeeding syndrome.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.