[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a $100 Android or Windows tablet be better? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: lenolel.png (654 KB, 999x887) Image search: [Google]
lenolel.png
654 KB, 999x887
Would a $100 Android or Windows tablet be better?

I was thinking about buying a Lenovo Miix2. Have anyone tried a windows tablet?

Im worried any cheap android tablet will be complete shit and filled with bugs/lag
>>
>>51574324
Windows 32bit > android
>>
Depends on how Much onboard storage and RAM the tablet has. Android works great on tablets with just 16GB of internal storage and 1GB of RAM. Windows will work just fine on 32GB of internal storage and at least 2GB of RAM.

In this case a windows tablet is better as it offers access to x86 programs which are way more useful than crippled photoshop apps on an android tablet.

Windows 8.1 should take around ~17GB for the OS leaving you with around 10GB to install programs in. If a mSD slot is included then you are fucking golden as you can install programs on that if you want as well.
>>
It really depends what you want to do with it.
Windows:
No touch screen optimized "apps"
Compatible with most software
Real multitasking
More issues with drivers and tablet features like playing back music while the screen is off
Updates as long as windows is updates, theoretically you could boot every OS on them
Android:
Everything touch optimized
Apps have less features and not everything can be done from them
No real multitasking, more limited
Does not get updates after some years
>>
>>51574761
>Android:
>Everything touch optimized

Top kek, just because you add huge buttons and remove features it's not optimized
>>
>>51574787
But it is. Inb4 "ipad is better"
>>
>>51574761
>No touch screen optimized "apps"

Chrome is. Though you really don't need much touch support outside of the browser.
>>
>>51574458
Nothing in the hardware on most of these 32bit windows tablets are exclusively 32bit, they can handle a full 64bit Windows install.

I have one with a Z3770 and 2GB RAM. Pretty good for something that was $200 like 1.5 years ago. My main issue is that it takes a minute to startup, and is prone to getting slow. As one would expect from something that consumes >5W of power. Still its nice for videos, can handle 10bit 1080p content much better than any android device I have used.
>>
>>51574761
>No touch screen optimized "apps"
Every Microsoft app is touch optimized, including the control panel and browser with addons
>>
>>51574871
>they can handle a full 64bit Windows install.
Except most can only boot 32bit UEFI files.
>>51574887
Yes, the second control paned and Edge are touch optimized. Nobody fucking cares as long as these are not real alternatives. And no, all third party apps in the windows store are trash.
>>
>>51574912
>t. XP user.

I bet you haven't even tried the new control panel
>>
>>51574969
I am running windows 10 on my dell tablet and a second desktop. And yes, I obviously used that program.
>>
Just so you guys know, if you're getting a wangblows tablet I HIGHLY recommend the virtual trackpad program that works wonders when the touch interface sucks bad.
>>
>>51575021

what virtual trackpad program?
>>
>>51575021
I am using this one
http://www.lovesummertrue.com/touchmousepointer/en-us/
It also has an option to make the whole screen behave like a trackpad, and it even works in full screen games
It also can make the keyboard transparent so that you can actually see what you're doing.
>>
>>51574324
>Would a $100 Android or Windows tablet be better?
Windows & Android dual boot?

Just get a Chuwi or Teclast or whatever can do it for you.
>>
>>51575028
This >>51575050
>>
>>51575090
>touchmousepointer

might be a botnet

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/81d41c5ab930e620727a315c2c7523437bef

94daff17f9c7309c785229f777b3/analysis/1448728013/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.