[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Amazon's 5$ unlimited cloud storage plan ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: KGPsQBx3.jpg (12 KB, 372x372) Image search: [Google]
KGPsQBx3.jpg
12 KB, 372x372
What do you think of Amazon's 5$ unlimited cloud storage plan ?
>>
For what purpose
>>
nothing is unlimited
>>
cat /dev/zero | upload.sh
>>
>>51564238
look up "95th percentile"
it's practically unlimited
>>
>>51564032
I think we're going to find out what the limit is eventually. For Onedrive it was 75 TB.
>>
It has more holes than your moms crochet class

Expect every single 3 letter agency to have unlimited backdoor access
>>
If you wouldn't share your data with a family member, you shouldn't share it with Amazon.
>>
>>51564032
Good to backup my 15tb NAS.

I've actually had it for a couple of months now.

I have over 7tb of Chinese cartoons backup and encrypted just to test.
>>
Can I use it as a CDN and serve video files to users?
>>
>>51564032
I got cucced because I purchased a storage device from amazon which gave me this. If they released the $5 BEFORE I made the purchase I could have had two years of botnet storage for $5
>>
>>51564298
>3 letter agencies
>safe from MI5
ok cool I'm in.
>>
>>51564298
>>51564303
>whatis gpg
>>
>>51564032
It's already free for storing pics if you've got Amazon prime. Tempted to encrypt some shit and masquerade it as a .jpg to see if it'll upload.
>>
>>51564051
This. Someone give a use case. I'm curious.
>>
>>51564495

>>51564307
>>
Anyone know? >>51564326
>>
File: 1436940472802.jpg (129 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436940472802.jpg
129 KB, 707x1000
>>51564495
There are plenty of uses for that service, you don't even have to be a data hoarder yourself.

Library Genesis was recently ordered by a court to shut down, it's expected to go offline soon.

You could download the entirety of the modern-day Library of Constantinople, encrypt it so Amazon doesn't catch you, and upload it to save the most vast trove of free knowledge the world has ever seen from disappearing.

All for the low price of $5 per month.
>>
>>51564032

I have a 21TB NAS I would love to Veracrypt and upload.

>>51564326

According to the ToS, no. So the answer is, it depends on how well you can hide that activity from Amazon.

>>51564051
>>51564495

I have a Plex database that's about 10TB. It'd be really nice to have a backup of it. Encrypted, of course.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.