[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much are you going to donate this month?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
How much are you going to donate this month?
>>
>>51508579
The real question is, how do we cheat the system so that mozillhurr has to pay more than we pay them? Will spamming 1c at them work? What about donating and canceling repeatedly?
>>
>>51508579
$0, just like every month since last april.
>>
>>51508849
*last year's april, of course
>>
$0, Mozilla is irrelevant
>>
>>51508579
Nothing
>>
I stopped donating when they ruined the only good browser.
>>
>>51508579

I put some change in the Salvation Army bucket. Still more than I'll ever donate to Mozilla.
>>
>>51508579

>Mozilla shareholder

So it's basically like being a Green Bay Packers' shareholder?
>>
>>51508579
Nothing. They're targeting their browser at an entirely different crowd of what they used to, and I'm not part of said crowd. Therefore, I stopped using Firefox, and I'm not supporting them in any way.
>>
I switch to palemoon when australis happened. I'd sooner donate to moonchild, who makes sure security issues, performance and customization take priority, than mozilla, who ensure ponies, SJW and botnet define their browser.
>>
>>51509187
which only happened after the real owner and creator of firefox was ousted by SJW sacks of shits who replaced him with a literal cum guzzling faggot.

/thread.
>>
Nothing, because the SJWs are killing Firefox's greatest functionality, good add-ons.
>>
>>51508579
>Mozilla shareholder

Why burn money when you can just invest in Mozilla, proud makers of FirefoxOS.
>>
They ignored my request as a stakeholder, now I'll ignore their request as a shareholder.
>>
>>51509308
what did you switch to?
>>
>>51509227
At least the Salvation Army do stuff.

Mozilla is just shit.
>>
>protect the web
>by tracking you right in the browser and preventing adblocks from working
>>
>>51508579
> Not using Pale Moon
>>
>>51508614
do you really hate them that much?
>>
>>51509707
They are systematically killing every single thing that made firefox good and they have the gall to ask for donations while pushing their agenda and being two-faced bastards. Of course I do. Anyone who doesn't needs to hang.
>>
>>51509684
>literally 5 years behind Firefox
>>
>>51509573
I might switch to opera. What do you guys think?
>>
>>51509768
More like
>literally 10 years in front of firefox
FTFY
Call me when firefox supports html5 time and date fields and when it fixes its CVEs.
>>
>Donate Now
>not Please, Donate

I don't like bullies
>>
>>51509793
>switching to a botnet
>switching to a botnet that tries to mimic another botnet
You can't be serious.
>>
File: CancerKillingCode.png (214 KB, 1118x831) Image search: [Google]
CancerKillingCode.png
214 KB, 1118x831
I wonder how much of that donation money goes to the "paycheck" of all feminists sitting around at Mozilla doing fuck all but drinking expensive coffees, eating chocolate/icecream and playing victim on twitter to get money thrown at them by virgins.

I'm guessing at least 90% of it.
>>
I have no interest in financially supporting a group of people that are actively hostile to the users that Firefox was originally designed to cater toward.
>>
Nothing

It's become a hipster faggot infested mess of a browser
>>
No point in giving them money when they just use it to slowly turn FF into chrome.
>>
>>51508579
>Donate now.
Does that count as a microaggression?
>>
>>51508579
I've already done my yearly donation of $100 which is less than $10 per month. Maybe I should make it $120 next year.
>>
>>51508579
They recently decided to remove support for full themes, fuck them
>>
>>51509723
wow such edge
>>
Absolutely nothing. These clowns just started coloring *ALL* SSL certificates green after I just spent $4000 on green SSLs.
>>
>>51510996
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>51511062
>>>/v/
>>
>>51510996
Sjw kuk >>>/out/
>>
>>51511011
nice 5 binary digits.
>>
>>51511139
Fpp woj >>>/vr/
>>
>>51508579
>donate to our sjw browser

haha nope
>>
i'd rather save it and donate to the FSF
>>
>>51509793

Nigga at least use Vivaldi
>>
>>51509573
Original guy you replied to.

Personally, I'm using Vivaldi, it's still very unpolished, so it's not for everyone, I guess I'm learning to deal with it. I like the fact that it's lighter on the memory than both Chrome and FF, already has the addon support because it can use Chrome addons, and it comes with the promise of being very power-user friendly, which it already is to some degree. Just needs more polishing and a few more features, and it will be golden.

I keep a Chromium installed on the side for things Vivaldi doesn't support very well yet. I rarely use it though, mostly only because of my bank's outdated as fuck system.
>>
>>51512063
>using a botnet
>that's a copy of another botnet
>that's itself a clone of yet another botnet
>unionically
Botnetception!
>>
>>51509723
I've been out of the loop even though I use Firefox. I don't understand. What have they removed? What agenda are they pushing and why were they two-faced bastards?
>>
>>51509432
>literal cum guzzling faggot
Is there proof that he actually guzzled cum?
>>
>>51512920
Don't be fooled by 4chan rhetoric. When they say this, you need to apply your 4chan bullshit filter.

Mozilla have made various UI changes (australis) and the autists don't like this. Mozilla are planning to change their UI system from XUL to something else and the autists don't like this. Mozilla have implemented a Mozilla Pocket front end and a Mozilla Hello front end and the autists don't like this. Mozilla are implementing a system that requires extensions to be properly signed and the autists don't like this.
>>
>>51512931
None. It's standard 4chan rhetoric.
>>
>>51512920
Removd:
>download window with actual information
>status bar
>personal theme
>tab groups
>new tab page settings
>sensible UI
>(soon) xul add-ons

pushed:
>muh ponies
>sjw bullshit
>competence? who cares about that? muh norities!
>unfree botnet, such as:
>>DRM
>>pocket
>>ads
>other botnets, such as:
>>firefox hello
>>telemetry

two-faced:
>let's protect the web and enhance privacy!
>by tracking you in the browser and collecting information about you without your consent
>>
POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
Zero because Mozilla won't improvise on Firefox at all. Same fox, same skin, same look and feel despite what they may add/remove/bundle into Firefox.
>>
>>51513023
>download window with actual information
I hated that. The new one has as much info.
That was nice debloating. You can download an add-on for it if you want.

>tab groups
When did FF had tab groups?

>(soon) xul add-ons
Isn't that a good thing though?

>muh ponies
>sjw bullshit
>competence? who cares about that? muh norities!
wat
I'm completely lost. I'm not informed about this.

>telemetry
Hasn't Firefox had telemetry since the beginning of time?

>by tracking you in the browser and collecting information about you without your consent
I also had no idea about this. What's the deal?
>>
>>51513113
>The new one has as much info.
Stopped reading here. How do I get hired as a shill like you?
>>
>>51513151
I would be more constructive to state what info you wanted from the old window that's not present on the new one instead of calling me names. Maybe I missed something.
>>
>>51513151
Go talk to Mozilla's CEO. He hires shills personally.
>>
>>51508579
$0.00
fuck them, they bent over backwards to feminists.
long live .bro!
>>
>>51509488
>FirefoxOS
oh god its real, I thougth you were joking.. why couldnt you be joking
>>
>>51508579
I don't donate to Mozilla but OpenBSD will be getting $10
>>
I won't because australis, killing off extensions, and just generally making firefox suck hard more and more since v4. But I might donate money if I could put it specifically towards seamonkey.
>>
>>51514411
Mozilla is uninvolved with seamonkey.
>>
>>51514411
>But I might donate money if I could put it specifically towards seamonkey.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/donate/
>>
>Fire Brendan Eich because he holds a different political position
>Remove useful features (tab groups, FTP, etc.)
>Add features nobody wants or asked for (Hello)
>Copy Chrome, even down to their dumb versioning scheme
Gib muni plz!

I really hope the Servo guys leave Mozilla, start their own company, bring back Eich and "Make the Browser Great Again"™ by focusing on security, privacy, and performance. I want the OpenBSD of web browsers.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.