[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming Build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Gaming Build 11.22.15.jpg (254 KB, 1733x889) Image search: [Google]
Gaming Build 11.22.15.jpg
254 KB, 1733x889
Well /g/, after a little research and debate. I confirmed my order with Newegg.

List of items:
MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA 1151
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3733
PSU: Corsair RMx RM1000X 1000 watt
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB Hybrid cooled
Bootable HD: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD
CPU: Intel i7 6700k Skylake
CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro series H110i GT
Case: Corsair Obsidian series 900D (Probably Overkill)
Monitor: ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" Gaming Monitor 2560X1440 , 144Hz 1ms

Thoughts on the build? Problems I might have building it? Things I should have done?
>>
why guy the all in one gpu... the pump goes out welll ur fucked
>>
>ddr4
kek
>>
>>51480107
desu it was on sale for less than the air cooled GPUs. Also all the reviews on it was pretty great. No reported issues with the pump or leaks. Only a few saying the radiator fan is quite loud.
>>
Maximus VIII Hero has had a lot of strange problems, according to review. One guy even had smoke coming out. I would go with Asus Z170-A.
>>
>>51480139
Almost went with Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1, but then I read on how little or difficult it is to overclock on it.
>>
>Not getting an HDD along with your SSD
Or do you already have one? I always end up with a ton of spare HDDs after a couple years of building.
>>
>>51480156
The Z170-A overclocked an i5 6600k fine for me. 4.7 Ghz.
>>
>>51480134
Recently it haw been showing there are actual improvements in frame rates for ram heavy games now than the initial DDR4 Boom so step off mate.
>>
>>51480163
I have a few Samsung Evo 500GB and a Samsung Pro 256 that are just collecting dust and also quite a few 1 terabyte HDD's too. No problem with those.
>>
>>51480181
I truly debated going with that CPU. I decided to throw down a little extra dough on the i7 tho. Fucking Newegg out of stock so had to go to Amazon and found super over priced... but fuck it YOLO
>>
>>51480186
:^(
>>
>>51480080
>No M.2
>>
The reason the i7 is overpriced is Black Friday is coming up: companies jack up the price of shit leading up to it because 40% off looks better than 20% off and it's actually the same price (20% off being applied to the non-jacked up price). Tbh I would've waited until then to buy anything.
>>
>>51480262
Look again. There is... but unfortunately only 1
>>
>>51480303
You're probably right but I wish I knew how to be patient.
>>
>>51480254
>using the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.