[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is this and how do I stop it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled2.jpg (25 KB, 451x254) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
25 KB, 451x254
What the hell is this and how do I stop it?
>>
>>51439857
>What the hell is this
It's malware

>how do I stop it?
Uninstall Windows 10
>>
>Windows 10
You asked for this.
>>
>>51439857
The action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate
>>
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2009/02/12/9413816.aspx
>>
>>51439857
>COM Surrogate

kek what a friendly sounding program
>>
>>51439857
It happens to me too when I try to erase the metadata of a file.

If I kill that process just before hitting the Try Again button, it usually works, but it's annoying as fuck.
>>
>>51439975
See >>51439891. It says everything there is to know.
>>
>>51439857
you're not alone. I have this shit since updating to TH2
>>
>>51439857
>lel windoze just werkz4me ;););)));))););););)))
>>
>>51439985
Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't find anything useful to fix this problem.

It looks like Microsoft fucked something up in the 1511 update. It didn't happen to me before and some people say that it disappeared after downgrading to the previous build.
>>
>>51439857
It's a feature, not a big anon. My guess would be that the experts at MS are in the middle of a routine inspection of your system. Lots of people these days get really sick and confused, and do, and think about things they shouldn't. MS is just trying to find these poor soul's, and turn the case over to the NSA, FBI, IRS, or maybe advertising agencies, who also just want to help you get better. This is for your own good, and you will benefit greatly from one or more of the governments re-education programs, so you can become the consumer and tax payer Jesus and your parents want you to be, halleluja!
>>
>>51439857
Install Gentoo
>>
>>51440057
slit your throat
>>
>>51440100
Just kill COM Surrogate (dllhost.exe) in Task Manager, Anon.
>>
>>51440136
>mad as fuck winkek
>>
>>51439930
>COM Surrogate

I find that name damn cool actually.
>>
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/com-surrogate-issue-with-windows-10-upgrade/889c207f-70e8-416c-b6a1-03e19fe1f4c1?auth=1

upvote the problem it's 10586.3 issue
>>
>>51439857
it means windows explorer somehow got screwed up trying to make a thumbnail of the image and didnt end gracefully. annoying but not a big deal. easiest way to fix it is to reboot if you dont mind doing that?
>>
>>51439857
Install unlocker
>>
>>51440220
>Microsoft Answer
>"Perform SFC scan"

Every
Fucking
Time
for every shit issue and it never helps
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.