[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just curious if anyone thinks the same as I did.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-11-20-16-26-18.png (503 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-20-16-26-18.png
503 KB, 1280x768
Just curious if anyone thinks the same as I did.
>>
>>51437930
the RAM?
>>
>>51437961
The RAM is the only thing in there that saves things only temporary. So, yes. RAM is the odd one.
>>
>>51437930
OH
the CD?

only thing not magnetic (ram cores are technically magnetic based right?)
>>
>>51437961
Yes, me too, but why?
>>
>>51437979
>What are cd-rw
>>
>>51437930
RAM as it's the only volatile one.
>>
>>51437996

RAM is the only one that can't *realistically" store files for its lifespan.
>>
>>51437930
RAM is the volatile one. What did you think, OP?
>>
So most people seem to agree it's the RAM. The others are all examples of non volatile memory and not only that, they're all mechanical storage. Ready for the answer?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-20-16-34-18.png (505 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-20-16-34-18.png
505 KB, 1280x768
>>
>>51438092
Haha very nice.
>>
>>51438092
Yeah, it's correct, but what nigger thinks about how something is stored? What was the point of this question?
>>
>>51438004
A rewritable Compact Disc. You could look it up yourself. But let me take that bait, please.
If you tried to tell me that I was wrong in a witty way because you can delete the content of a CD and rewrite it, let me tell you this. The same applies to the rest as well. You can delete files on a HDD (and put another files onto it) and you can rewrite the content on a data cassette.
Fuck, that bait was awful.
>>
>>51438139

>The RAM is the only thing in there that saves things only temporary. So, yes. RAM is the odd one.

>What are cd-rw

>If you tried to tell me that I was wrong in a witty way because you can delete the content of a CD and rewrite it, let me tell you this. The same applies to the rest as well. You can delete files on a HDD (and put another files onto it) and you can rewrite the content on a data cassette.

So what exactly was your point you fucking idiot? Your "argument" for RAM is fucking weak. That's the point.

Fuck that was a weak & stupid reply at that. Kek.
>>
>>51438113
It's a way to make a teach look smug. Some really do enjoy that.
>>
>>51438004
Obviously he meant to say only the RAM is volatile, it loses data when it loses power. Everything else is non-volatile
>>
>>51437930
The tape, the rest are all random access.
>>
But it's all storage media, you can get like 32 gigs of ram, and turn half of it into a super fast and small hard drive.
>>
The RAM because it is not somehow affiliated with circular things.
>>
the ram is the only non-mechanical (or even physical if that's the right word) storage medium
>>
The tape because it's the only one that doesn't go into my PC :^)
>>
I figured it was because the ram was the only thing that doesn't spin to function
>>
>>51438092
Hmm not bad I was gonna say ram because the others are mechanical/spinny
>>
>>51438092
muh nigga
>>
>>51437930
ram - power = data loss
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.