[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there actually any downsides to this phone? Especially after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: xpure-fullbleed.jpg (402 KB, 1200x821) Image search: [Google]
xpure-fullbleed.jpg
402 KB, 1200x821
Are there actually any downsides to this phone? Especially after taking the price bracket into consideration?

I'm seriously considering buying this since it seems like one of the best phones for the price. Literally the only problem I may have with it is the screen, but I think I'll spend more time appreciating it than hating it, so it's a consequence I'm willing to accept.

How is this not the perfect smartphone though?

>Improved version of stock android
>Cheap
>good camera
>good screen
>Easily rootable/unlockable
>>
>>51412800
Improved how? Things like this always make me a bit suspicious. When an OEM "improves" an OS, the "improvements" almost always suck like a cheap whore.
>>
>>51412923
the moto actions are actually really useful and not intrusive at all. They don't slow down the phones at all but add in some nice motion controls and voice recognition. Think of it as enhanced stock android.
>>
>>51412940

As an owner of a Moto X 2014, the actions are amazing, i can't live without active display anymore.

I never used the voice commands tho
>>
OEM improvements = bloat
>>
>>51413016
>never used a moto x before
>>
>>51412974
Active Display is easily one of the best OEM features ever put on top of Android. I wish Google would improve their version
>>
>No fingerprint sensor
>Softkeys
>Lenovo™
>>
>touchscreen is shit
>OS is shit
>apps are shit
>collects data on you
>tracks you wherever you go
Oh wait, that's every phone.

End this goddamn bad technology nonsense. /g/ should be about GOOD technology, not stupid little toys for idiots.
>>
>>51413658
so what you're saying is that all smartphones suck and are irrelevant?
>>
>>51412800
i have this phone. its good but not the best...its great for the price but just doesn't "wow" you on any aspect

i know you'll call me a manlet but the screen occasionally just too wide to reach menus on the left side when holding it in the right. a bit wary on what lenovo has jammed onto this thing. going to root when marshmallow is out for this thing, its under approval from the fcc afaik
>>51412923
>>51412940
>>51412974
It is most definitely improved. bit disappointing that this one has an led display as moto display is best on an amoled. i switched to ambient display only because moto display activated too often when i didnt need it
>>51413016
(a single fucking app that is preinstalled THAT YOU CAN REMOVE is bloat)
>>
>>51413683
considering they pretty much make you a slave, i think he has a point.
>>
>>51414039
>disappointing that this one has an led display as moto display is best on an amoled
yeah this has confused me as well. As I said, the only problem I have with this phone is the massive screen, but under regular use I think I'll manage.

For the price I don't think there's a better alternative, especially considering I'm stuck on Verizon which only uses CDMA bands. Just wanted to check here to make sure I'm not missing out on some other phones in the price range.
>>
The nexus is locked down, apple-grade gimmickly shit
>no micro sd, 16GB standard, charges $50-100 for more memory which cost $10.
>built in battery, no OEM replacement part available
>huge bezels, flimsy design, cheap faux luxury components
>a lot of previous nexuses came with bloatware anyway
>and the 5x/6p still google software preinstalled anyway, so you still have to flash a clean ROM

Never fall for it. Never buy a Nexus. They are literally just a shittier, cheaper, neutered version of the manufactuer's own flagship. Since they don't want to cannibalize their own phone they always make the Nexus so fucking shitty only a complete Google kek would buy it.

Don't listen to idiot Google apologists defending the Nexus, they're just trying to justify their horrible purchase decision. So sick of Google shills desperately hyping this PoS phone and their shitty apple inspired gimmicks. Just buy a better phone and flash AOSP android if you want stock. Don't be a Google sheep and buy this garbage.
>>
>>51412800
>How is this not the perfect smartphone though?
it runs lagdroid
>>
>>51414723
True, an HTC phone is needed for you to have a truly premium Android experience.
>>
>>51412800
>Easy root
>5.1
How do u root 5.1
>>
>>51413624
>fingerprint scanner is actually good
>>
>>51414902
Always on "Ok, Google." with voice recognition and the fingerprint unlock are fucking great.

:3
>>
>>51414592
Except it's 4G and LTE bands which are GSM, but, you know...
>>
>>51412800
Got one. I'm really enjoying it. It's honestly what every Android phone should be: cheap, quick, well-made.
>>
>>51415125
It has all the Verizon bands as well
>>
I'd say Blackberry is the only OEM that has actually improved stock android with useful features, making the vast majority of them optional as well.
>>
>>51415375
Why not Motorola? Their additions are practically unanimously loved
>>
>>51414705
had a nexus..i know this nigga is not wrong, now buying a lg g3.
>>
>>51415430
I had a nexus 5 and the only thing wrong with it was that the battery life was not stellar

Why did you hate it?
>>
>>51415495
problems with lollipop, over heating battery and heavy data user, it was a resepi for disaster. getting a g3 because of up gradable options i was a fool to not look out nexus is an okay phones i probably had a faulty unit but got it from amazon with no warranties haha.
>>
>>51414999
Don't reply to me if u have anime letters as your name
>>
The best Android phone right now is the 6p/
>>
I know they aren't popular on this board but if it had a fingerprint scanner I would insta-buy this phone. I love my 2013 Moto X but it is getting time for an upgrade.
>>
>>51412800
Android isn't very business-like.
>>
>>51414705
>>51415430
I was thinking about buying a nexus, tell me why i should get a lg g3 instead
>>
>>51412800
active display is pretty fucking dumb to have on a lcd it also sometimes gets in the way, voice commands are gimmicky shit and the twist for camera only works say 7 or 8 times out of ten
>Cheap
yes thats why i got one
>good camera
no it isnt. you can get a nice shot out of it in full sunlight but otherwise its pretty average feels really slow. Also the camera app is dogshit
>good screen
yeah its good.
>Easily rootable/unlockable
not tried yet but i believe this is correct.
>>
>>51414882
Go to xdadevelopers and search for the nexus root toolkit.
>>
>>51417506
This is a surprisingly objective review of the phone. Do you have anything to say about the battery life?
>>
>>51412800
LG G4 is the same price but has official CM support, better battery life, and a better camera.
>>
>>51419092
and most probably official marshmallow will arrive by the holiday season ends.
the last shipment being in feb, 2016.
>>
>>51419092
are there any downsides to the G4?

going on contract ATT and I'm deciding between priv and V10, which is basically a better g4
>>
>>51414039
Why would you want AMOLED display which has a much shorter lifespan than an LCD display. Some people even reported burn in after a few months.
>>
>>51419562
I have a G4, pretty nice

Has micro sd and removeable battery if you like those sorts of things
>>
>>51419675
I'm leaning more on the V10, just because the build quality and camera are better than the priv. My friends are all cancer and telling me to get a Z3 but then I'd have to pay almost $400 upfront for a midrange phone from 2014 .

I'd go for a Z5 but that's literally $700.
>>
x play (droid maxx 2 or whatever) has way better battery life, almost double the screen on time. gsmarena has it at almost 12 hours, style (pure) only 6.

style/pure has an extra 1GB RAM, slightly bigger screen, front facing speakers.

decide which is more important to you. for me it was a no brainer. battery life is much better to have than >muh pixels.
>>
>>51413683
Considering most people use their smartphones to scroll up and down on facebook, instagram and play cut the rope, and pay absurd amounts of money to do it, you tell me.
>>
>>51420183
That phone is much more expensive than the pure
>>
>>51421684
>murrkkka
lel
Here the X Play is £280, the X Style is £400. Why is your country so backwards?
>>
I got ripped off thinking I could get a Moto G for 180 dollars but in my local phone store they sold it to me for $300 because I have a pay per month plan even though I have no contract.
>>
>>51422563
What?
Why didn't you just buy it from Motorola?
>>
>>51412800
I got mine too. I think its to big. cant use it with one hand.
only down side, its really nice
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.