[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Acer Predator XB270HU really the only option for 2560x1440,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Is the Acer Predator XB270HU really the only option for 2560x1440, IPS, 144hz? Anyone here got one?
>>
File: glow.jpg (356 KB, 1623x1112) Image search: [Google]
glow.jpg
356 KB, 1623x1112
Yes, it's beautiful.

Simply beautiful.
>>
>>51390526
is IPS really worth playing roulette with returns and shitty backlight bleed? is the 'colours are so much better on IPS' just a meme?
>>
>>51390526
oh god..

disnt the asus version of similiar just came out?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>51390573
Yes, monitors are video games.
Fucking retard fuck...
>>
>>51390585
fuck off to /v/
>>
>>51390555

No, it can be quite real. I figured I'd test it out back when I got my first IPS display:

I had an older 24" acer 1080p TN monitor right next to a Dell ultrasharp 23" IPS monitor. I connected to both of them via dvi/HDMI, then mirrored the output. I started up The Witcher in the camp area near the end and the difference was CRAZY. There were so many extra smoke, fog, ground, everything details on the Dell monitor that were barely the or nonexistent on the Acer. I can only guess that it was because the Acer couldn't reproduce the subtle color gradients and whatnot to really show everything.
>>
>>51390555
It's not a meme, it's actually great when you can lean back a bit and not lose 20% of the output range in some part of the monitor.

Better manufacturers don't really have this problem. I guess they just take the better panels and leave the rest to the Korean shit brands.
>>
>>51390555
This was my third Acer IPS, had the Asus before.

All of them had hilarious shitty IPS glow. So bad, not even korean ebay vendors would sell it as off grade for 300 bucks. These displays go for about 800.

Just said fuck it and got a 144hz 144p TN instead. I literally can't see a difference in terms of color reproduction between the Acer/Asus IPS and the Asus TN. However, my Dell IPS looks better.
>>
>>51390645
>I literally can't see a difference in terms of color reproduction between the Acer/Asus IPS and the Asus TN.

They say the 144 Hz TN panels are generally of better quality than the total shit tier no-effort TN they put in laptops and $100 monitors. What does the pattern on this page look like? Do the flat color areas show any gradient from top to bottom on the monitor?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php

My old Dell IPS has no problems with those, but the Samshit laptop next to it is just horrible.
>>
>>51390824
>Do the flat color areas show any gradient from top to bottom on the monitor?
Yes, it was pretty noticeable once I moved to tab to my 1440p IPS and back to the TN. Can't notice it during normal usage, though.
>>
>>51390637
>>51390640

what are some alternatives to the xb270hu then? seems like slim pickins
>>
>>51391961
There is the new IPS swift which is more expensive or you can wait a little for the XB271hu which gets rid of the glossy bezels, matches the IPS swift in refresh rate and will sell at the same price as the xb270HU.

Otherwise as a 270hu user myself who got a pitch perfect sample I cannot really complaint about the monitor, you don,t notice the gloss that much and the IPS panel makes a whole world of difference along with g-sync.
>>
Are there any 20" 144hz monitors? At least 1080p if possible, i can't find anything
>>
>>51393282

No.
>>
>>51390555
IPS glow isn't the same as backlight bleed, which is a mechanical issue, not a LCD cell design consequence.

Yes, IPS glow is real, but it literally only matters if you're in a dark room and sitting close.

Every LCD cell type leaks light outside the ideal viewing angle, the only question is whether you prefer color shifting or faint white glowing.

Before I got a bigger display, I absolutely couldn't use TN since I often flipped monitors into portrait mode and didn't wan't to give myself a brain hemorrhage.
>>
>>51392293
any word of a release date on the new acer? it looks like it's either that or spend £200 more on the swift
>>
>>51390334
Using the Acer xg270hu which is also 144hz, 1440p but is tn however every one says it's one of the best tn panels out there
>>
>>51393282
sadly it seems people just wants bigger monitors all the time

id much rather have that res in 22/24"
>>
>>51390555
The bad thing about TN isn't colors but its terrible viewing angle
If this doesn't bother you there's no point in IPS
>>
>>51390334
The name sounds kind of angry, is there no Acer Vegan?
>>
Too big for gaming bruw
>>
Asus MG279?
>>
I love my IPS Dell monitor. It was expensive compared to a Korean alternative but it's so much higher quality it's unreal. My friend got a Korean one and its worse in every regard
>>
>>51390334
OP, there you go:

>http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/foris/fs2735/index.html
>https://www.eizo.de/foris/fs2735/

>QHD
>IPS
>Freesync range of 35-144Hz (35-90 and 56-144Hz modes)
>Very low display lag
>Excellent warranty
>>
>>51395944
>27"

for shits sake, least make it 24"
>>
>>51397535
Hmm.
A 27" QHD placed at arms length (~70cm) away results in each pixel being 1.08 arcminutes in size.
Same thing with a 24" display results in 0.95 arcminutes per pixel.

Interesting. Both are at the point where a healthy young male is barely able so still distinguish individual pixels, for example read a size 5 font.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.