[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm hovering over the checkout button for the Nexus 6P.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: 02-nexus-6p-colors-970-80[1].jpg (26 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
02-nexus-6p-colors-970-80[1].jpg
26 KB, 970x545
I'm hovering over the checkout button for the Nexus 6P.

Is there a reason I should not buy this?

My current phone is a Note 3 that I've had for about two years.
>>
Get a Nexus 6. The 6P is utter trash. Not worth it.
>>
>>51281516

>nexus 6 not the worst nexus ever
>>
>>51281193

uh, yeah, the camera glass breaks easy as shit
>>
I have one, 64GB Frost, go for it. I can answer questions you have about it if you're unsure about some things.
>>
>>51281551
How long did it take to arrive?
>>
>>51281551
Do you have issues with regards to the lack of optical image stabilisation?
>>
>>51281565
My preorder shipped last tuesday, arrived on wednesday.

>>51281587
No. I think I would if I took videos, but I don't....and I manage to hold my hands still enough for photos. I would like OIS if it was there, but I manage fine without it.
>>
Why exactly do you want to downgrade your phone?
>>
I would say go for it, but you should maybe wait to see if huawei and Google address the seemingly apparent issues in build quality before buying one. With that said, I own a 6P and haven't experienced any of the issues that are being reported and can say that it's a great phone
>>
LG v10 or bust desu
>>
>>51281193
Bendy bendy
Chink chink
>>
Get it, it's the best phone available at the moment.
>>
Piece of shit platicky chink bendy ugly "phone" or keeping a not perfect, yet reliable and good phone. Your decision.
>>
>>51281551
How is performance?
Does the finger print reader's accuracy deteriorate over time?
>>
>>51281193

only upgrade when your shit breaks
>>
Best fucking phone
>>
>>51283440
Very fast, smooth animations. Haven't noticed any lag on things yet, even scrolling through apps that load a lot of pictures is fine.

The accuracy is spot-on, doesn't deteriorate. It helps if when you record the fingerprint, you move your fingertip around a lot so that it can unlock even if your finger isn't quite centered.
>>
File: nexus-6p-visor-800x420.jpg (54 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
nexus-6p-visor-800x420.jpg
54 KB, 800x420
>>51281193
HOPE YOU DIDNT WANT TO USE THE CAMERA.

the visor glass has already been reported to have a habit of just spontaneously cracking. Not when dropped or anything, you're just hear a "chink" noise and look and, oh, its fucked.

Possibly related to heat issues and thermal expansion.
>>
>>51281193
Aluminum chassis isn't actually connected to the interior components in any meaningful way.

See this video for details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cWVdLqXCg

Its going to be like that bendy iPhone all over again.
>>
>>51283634
>accuracy is spot-on, doesn't deteriorate

How would you know? You've only had it like a week or two tops? I want to know if it works after a year.
>>
>>51281193
zero reason to get the 6p.
it's not even an upgrade.
>>
>>51281193
Yeah, you cant currently root it, so its useless if you actually like tweaking your phone.
>>
>>51283726
Ask someone in the future then shit skin
>>
>>51283672
>chink
that's racist.
>>
>>51283749
How will we know? They'll all be bent in half by then. See:
>>51283703
>>
>>51283634
Thanks for answering me. Performance is apparently an issue with the Nexus 5X, which I found very surprising.

Good trick, will do that when I get it.
>>
>>51283726
Some phones like the One Plus Two have finger print readers that loss accuracy after only a week.
>>
Keep in mind that there's always a vocal minority when it comes to phone problems. Glass breakage, bending, etc. These happen with all phones, not just this one.
>>
File: Berlusconi_Trial.jpg (37 KB, 606x414) Image search: [Google]
Berlusconi_Trial.jpg
37 KB, 606x414
>>51283703
Christ, thats fucking brutal, what the actual fuck?
>>
>>51283726
I don't know why you asked me then...what did you want me to say? haha you're a moron.
>>
>>51281193
5x babes
>>
>>51281193
>Is there a reason I should not buy this?
costs a lot
reportedly fragile
can't get one with a payment plan unless you're in google's exclusive club

you can get it anyway if you've got the disposable income and want to feel special, but to me it'd be exactly the same as apple customers.
>>
>>51284146
Poor performance.
>>
My 6P has been great. I haven't a clue how these niggers are cracking and bending their shit. Probably iFag shills.
>>
Posting from a Nexus 6P here. Best Android phone I've ever used. Pretty easily, too. The Nexus 6 was okay but fell short in a lot of ways. This one is much nicer.
>>
>>51281193
https://youtu.be/r3cWVdLqXCg

Need I say more?
>>
It's like a note 5, but worse.
>>
>>51283842
do all phones have ugly ass camera visors that break when it heats sup?
>>
>>51281551
does it scratch on the back?
how's the battery life?
doesn't it feel "cheap" because of think back panel?
>>
File: 1440343538870.jpg (139 KB, 700x1185) Image search: [Google]
1440343538870.jpg
139 KB, 700x1185
>Quad HD AMOLED display on a bright white OS with an overheating chip sealed inside a metal body all powered by a non-removable battery

yes, yes, buy the 6P, good goys. it's a 'premium' phone. ehehehehe........
>>
>>51284985
>bright white OS
The only white part of the os is the settings. Everything else is dictated by you.
>>
>>51283672
Both of those phones belong to attention whoring redditors making all that shit up
>>
>>51285144
gmail
calendar
keep
google search app, google on tap
drive
docs, sheets, slides
play music
hangouts, messenger
maps
translate
play store
youtube interface

not to mention most web pages are white

stop being a delusional kek. AMOLED is a ridiculous choice.
>>
>>51286064
Those are mostly google stock apps which all have better alternatives family.

and web pages being white isn't android fault.

also why are tech autists the only people who have a problem with white pages? never encountered a normie who wants everything to have dark mode
>>
>>51286979
that's because normies have no clue about battery life, they simply think all smartphones have battery life as shitty as theirs, and accept being out of juice by 7pm and going home with and fucking random chads if for no other reason than to charge their iPhones.

also
>having to avoid the best, official and most optimized apps because your specific phone will drain faster when using them
that's what I call a design flaw.
I've had a Samsung Galaxy S2 and now an S4, and while they are solid phones, I definitely don't want AMOLED any more, I hate having to be conscious of the white content of my display to get more SOT. And especially now that Samsung uses non-removable batteries with them. It's like driving a manual in a city. Too much fucking effort. Give me an automatic (in this case LCD) so I can stop wasting brain cells on the issue.
>>
>>51281193
It bends and scratches easily.
>>
>>51287145
>having to avoid the best, official and most optimized apps because your specific phone will drain faster when using them
That isn't true. Google's stock apps are very bad, save Maps, Google, Keep, and Gmail. And even those have superior alternatives. I never really understood why this was the case. Google can do way better than this. If I had to guess, Google seems to intentionally make their stock apps garbage to encourage people to use the Playstore to search for alternatives. And to give developers a fighting chance.
>>
>>51287247
forgot, stock phone is decent too.
>>
>>51287247
But I use Google Drive. And it contains my Google Docs. And my calendar is my Google account calendar.

>I should find alternative apps, made by god knows who, trust them with all my data and keys to my Google account, because my flawed phone drains quickly when viewing white

Come on m8, you can't be serious.
AMOLED is a joke. Just like Quad HD, needlessly thin designs, glass/metal 'premium' builds. Fucking memes.
>>
>>51287407
>But I use Google Drive. And it contains my Google Docs. And my calendar is my Google account calendar.
okay, you fucked up.

> made by god knows who, trust them with all my data and keys to my Google account
this is why the playstore has a trusted developers system.

i don't care for amoled, lcd works fine.
>>
File: angry pepe..jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry pepe..jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>51281620

MINE WAS SUPPOSED TO SHIP LAST TUESDAY AND ARRIVE WEDNESDAY, IT STILL HASN'T SHIPPED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU TOOK MY NEXUS 6P REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51284457
says who
>>
>>51283759
its the phone cursing its cruel maker before death.
>>
>>51288402
People who used the phone.
>>
>>51284846
I have no scratches yet, but I'm sure it's possible...

Battery gets me a full day no problem. I only use about 3-4 hour's worth of screen time, and usually at the end of the day I'm at anywhere from 20% to 40% remaining.

Doesn't feel cheap at all, quite the opposite in fact.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.