[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you /g/entlemen think of the Galaxy Note 5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 511x288
What do you /g/entlemen think of the Galaxy Note 5?
>>
>>50824328
as long as you dont NEED a removable battery or mSD storage, the Note5 is one of the best phones currently out, and has the best specs of any phone currently out.

If you want a phone you can root and throw custom ROMs onto however, this phone is not for you.
>>
/g/ents are bound to bash it for touchwizz. It's still a mess, but if you can cope with the ocasional stutter (which seems to occur way less these days), then you have a great phone. Good battery life, tier 1 camera, good looks and feels, addons like multiwindow.

Skip if you need mSD or removable battery. (Tho it charges reaaaaallly fast)
>>
>non-removable battery
>no SD card slot

between this and the stupid EDGE shit they're pushing right now, Samsung has gone to shit

I'm not upgrading from my Note4 for quite some time, I think
>>
>>50824602
To be fair though, its no real shock you dont need to update an 10-11 month old phone...
>>
>>50824328
Its galaxy note 4 still worth it?
>>
>>50824777
I bought it on Sunday. It's nice.
>>
File: me.jpg (13 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
13 KB, 400x312
Garbage. No microsd slot, no removable battery, glass back covering. It might as well run the faggy iOS at this point.
>>
>>50824777
Definitely, just get the exynos version for more processing power.
>>
>touchwizz
its shit
>>
>>50824366
Impressive, the first post is 100% correct. Listen to this guy, OP.
>>
Almost as good as my Note 4
>>
>>50824894
Besides the less powerful CPU, 1GB less RAM, LPDDR3 RAM instead of LPDDR4, less powerful GPU, less accurate fingerprint scanner, less advanced digitizer, less efficient and less bright screen, no MST for Samsung pay...

but yea besides that I guess you're right.
>>
>>50825055
The exenos cpus on both are actually not that different actually. Maybe 10% better performance at best.
>>
>>50825082
Power use and thermals are the bigger difference and it's one reason why the note 5 battery is smaller but still gets similar or better battery life than the note 4
>>
>>50825055
>>50824894

>smaller battery

That's the only downside the Note 5 has. Other than that, it's better in every single way.

Note 4 is still GOAT though.
>>
>>50825233
>Note 4 is still GOAT though.
Won't argue that, note 4 is a fantastic phone.
But people need to stop the meme that the note 5 is somehow worse than the note 4. If you specifically need mSD storage then for you personally sure, it's worse. But it's objectively better in several key areas (RAM, screen, SoC, etc). Not everyone uses their phones for the same things and as such not everyone needs removable batteries or mSD storage
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.