[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these any good or just placebo shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: firefox based browsers.png (153 KB, 528x341) Image search: [Google]
firefox based browsers.png
153 KB, 528x341
Are these any good or just placebo shit?
>>
Placebo
Or in pale moon's case, actively worse
>>
>>47692035
Pale Moon is quite good, and now ublock works on it.

Waterfox is placebo.
>>
>>47692035
They are all shit, there is no good browsers right now.
>>
There is no reason to use anything other than Iceweasel.
>>
all are inferior to latest stable ff
>>
>>47692035

Palemoon is working much better with my usual addons than Firefox. Firefox used to crash during normal use but Palemoon hasn't crashed once with the exact same addons installed.
>>
>>47692035
>not using chrome
>>
>>47692035
it's shit
>>
>>47692112
>iceweasel
>not icecat
0/10
>>
>>47692035
I don't even recognize the 3rd (not iceweasle or palemoon). What is it?
>>
>>47692189
You mean Firefox with SpyBlock and LibreJS? I can just install ABE and NoScript on Iceweasel and be more free than that.
>>
>>47692194
The bottom one is CyberFox.
>>
>>47692373
thanks
>>
>not using chromium
>all the goodness of chrome, minus the botnet
>>
PLACEBO BOTNETS
>>
>>47692079
>>>/b/
>>
seamonkey
>>
/g/ hates everything but snowflake incomplete browsers
>>
They literally are performance-ordered judging by their icon size in your image, OP.
>>
>>47692070
What are you talking about Pale moon works better than Firefox
>>
Every FF flavor sucks in Windows. Even IE is better.
>That shitty scrolling with touchpad, that shitty Youtube experience and shit HTML5 support
>>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcxfirefox/
The only placebo worth using...
- snappy
- natively portable
- 64bit
- SSE2 compiled
- identical to ff-vanilla
>>
>>47692035
just give up on firefox already. your quality of life will improve significantly if you just switch to chromium
>>
>>47692035
Anything based on Firefucks is pure shit.
Google Chrome masterrace.
>inb4 muh botnet maymay
>>
Muh nightly
>>
pale moon is placebo
Waterfox is objectively shitter (leaks ram like crazy, you can be up to 2gb ram for nothing but a black page within 15 minutes of browsing)
dunno what the third one is

even vanilla Firefox is sadly shit on windows
it's so unoptimised, it just labours
and don't even get me started on video
I've given up, I use opera now
>>
>>47694270
waterfox was using 3.6gb of ram on me so I uninstalled it immediately
palemoon rarely surpasses 1gb and is really stable, more than the latest build of firefox I was using
>>
>>47693710
>muh truth is a meme
NSA shill pls go
>>
>>47693699
>most firefox forks are 64bit
>mine that is Firefox64bitv2 is better
mkay
>>
>>47694270
>>47693710
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. This post is a trademark of Google Inc.
>>
>>47693651
>touchpad
>Youtube
Found your problem.
>>
>>47693699
It is the best fork, but the real reasons are PGO and sandboxing, not the stuff you listed.
>>
I like pale moon because of the less noisy, bizarre, confused, clusterfuckish interface compared to regular Firefox
>>
>>47694493
Oh and also lake moon runs significantly better than regular Firefox on my 10 year old laptop (it has a single core processor)
>>
>>47692035
>Browser programmed by cults
>Good
Pick one.
>>
>>47692035
Pale Moon is for retarded 12 year olds who don't have a fucking clue about anything

That's the only justification I can see behind anyone using it
>>
>>47694760
How would a 12 year-old even know about the existence of an obscure Firefox fork?
>>
>>47694797
Gamergate and also making
>>
>>47694860
threads about it every day
>>
>>47694860
>>47694874
What the hell does gamergate have to do with this?
>>
>>47694891
Idiots wanted to boycott Mozilla because of their stance on some things or some bullshit like that
>>
>>47694923
Their idea of boycotting Mozilla is to switch to a slightly modified version of their software?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.